+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - APRIL,MAY JUNE 2016 APPLICANTS....

shaun999

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
April 14
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request on May 1st, 2017
Med's Done....
Medical Done on May 2nd, 2017
Interview........
N/NEED
Passport Req..
Sep 29, 2017 and Passport sent on October 2nd, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back on October 24, 2017.
LANDED..........
Waiting (Anytime on October 24, 2017)
There may be various reasons for the delay. Often times your application is placed in a long queue in the CIC backlog, and your file might be stuck at the criminal/security or medical check stage. When CIC processes immigration applications, they are responsible only for assessing whether the applicants qualify for a specific immigration class or category. If the applicant is qualified, the CIC will refer the file to the Medical Office, RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) to have a medical, criminal and security screen before the permanent resident visa can be issued. Since these checks are done by third parties, the CIC has virtually no control over the process.

As an immigration lawyer and your representative, we may make an inquiry on your behalf about the reason behind the delay. While CSIS and RCMP may contribute to the delay, oftentimes the real issue is with the CIC or CBSA. Your file may be, for example, misplaced and lost in the backlog of files. On the other hand, if CSIS does cause the unreasonably long delay, an inquiry may be made to CSIS on your behalf. Usually a prompt communication with the responsible government agency will be able to get your file back on track.

If necessary, a complaint may be lodged to the responsible government agency through established procedure. If the CIC is responsible for the delay and all correspondence and requests are ignored, the last resort will be an application to the Federal Court of Canada for a writ of mandamus, compelling the CIC to make a decision on the application without unjustified delay.

This is what I found on internet (jefflilaw.com)

ideas

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
27th April 2016 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
1st November 2016 (RPRF and updated schedule A)
Nomination.....
15th April 2016(MPNP inland applicant)
AOR Received.
credit card charged on May 25th. AOR : 23rd June 2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Upfront 16th January 2017
Med's Done....
Passed 25th January 2017
Passport Req..
September 01, 2017. Background changed to in progress on August 25th 2017
VISA ISSUED...
September 22, 2017
LANDED..........
September 27, 2017
So finally I landed as a PR. Here's my experience (I apologize for my long post)

I drove to the Emerson border and parked at "return to Canada side" (first one, so I would not be in ""no man's land). I walked to the Canada immigration side and told them I wanted to flag pole. The gentleman there seemed to be very nice. He told me I could drive to the US side and be returned. However I did not want to do that because a buddy with me did not have his Canadian passport or Birth Certificate. If I went to the US side with him and returned to Canada side, my buddy would not be allowed to enter Canada. Finally we settled on parking at the duty free area (technically an illegal area for my buddy to stay but at least he could still walk back to Canada side without going through Canada immigration). I went to the US side and gentleman there was really nice and already understood flagpoling. He took my passport and scanned it and asked me to enter the USBA building and wait for my refusal paper. After 10 minutes, a US border officer handed me a printed white paper showing refusal( I was expecting yellow since most people on this forum say it a yellow slip handed out for refusal). Anyway, I asked her if the refusal would impact my future travel to US? She said no and that I should not worry about it. Overall experience at US side was nice. Everyone there was nice as opposed to what I have heard on this forum. I moved backed to duty free zone and drove my car towards the return to Canada side (second one: That gives entry to Canada Border Service). My buddy walked to the first "return to Canada side"( in order to avoid going through the immigration)

Then I returned to Canada side. The officer at the entry did not seem to be nice. She took my documents and handed me a yellow slip. She told me to park my car at the Canada side and enter the building. When I entered my documents were collected and I was asked to pick a number and wait. This was where my shock began. I nearly stepped on a THICK blanket on the floor just infront of where I picked number. Suddenly I realized that someone was sleeping under the blanket. This drew my curiosity. As I kept watching, I heard a CBSA officer shout to the person on the floor in the public area that it was time to wake up. I think this person had tried to cross the border illegally from the states to Canada and was arrested. The look on this fella's face took away my joy of landing. He was stripped on things he had in possession and was locked in a detention center (visible from where I sat). I could hear this fella tell CBSA officer to keep well his last 5 bucks in pocket! At this point tears dropped from my eyes. The very freedom that I was there to land so I could enjoy, another person would probably be denied of it. I thought life is not fair. Considering the overall treatment of this fella, I wondered would a Canadian be treated this way?

Anyways after 20 minutes, a CBSA calls me and says my PR was approved. This officer was really nice and helpful. She told me to keep the COPR well even if I get my PR card. She said the COPR must be kept until day of Pension else I would have problems collecting pension in Canada. She advised that I should go and make notarized copies of it and keep them in a safe. She said PR card will arrive in about 8 weeks I left and departed with my buddy!

On this point I wish to say thank you to all forum members for your encouragement and information sharing. That was helpful. I pray all of you become PR soon!

Last edited:

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Hello Inland Applicants,
Today, my $35 cheque was charged (the $35 cheque you address to the minister of Finance when you do your medicals). I am wondering if this means anything. My medicals exam has been successful and 'passed' for the about 3 weeks now.
Please let me know if it means anything.

tandpteam

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-12-2017
Any other April applicants got good news?

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
So finally I landed as a PR. Here's my experience (I apologize for my long post)

I drove to the Emerson border and parked at "return to Canada side" (first one, so I would not be in ""no man's land). I walked to the Canada immigration side and told them I wanted to flag pole. The gentleman there seemed to be very nice. He told me I could drive to the US side and be returned. However I did not want to do that because a buddy with me did not have his Canadian passport or Birth Certificate. If I went to the US side with him and returned to Canada side, my buddy would not be allowed to enter Canada. Finally we settled on parking at the duty free area (technically an illegal area for my buddy to stay but at least he could still walk back to Canada side without going through Canada immigration). I went to the US side and gentleman there was really nice and already understood flagpoling. He took my passport and scanned it and asked me to enter the USBA building and wait for my refusal paper. After 10 minutes, a US border officer handed me a printed white paper showing refusal( I was expecting yellow since most people on this forum say it a yellow slip handed out for refusal). Anyway, I asked her if the refusal would impact my future travel to US? She said no and that I should not worry about it. Overall experience at US side was nice. Everyone there was nice as opposed to what I have heard on this forum. I moved backed to duty free zone and drove my car towards the return to Canada side (second one: That gives entry to Canada Border Service). My buddy walked to the first "return to Canada side"( in order to avoid going through the immigration)

Then I returned to Canada side. The officer at the entry did not seem to be nice. She took my documents and handed me a yellow slip. She told me to park my car at the Canada side and enter the building. When I entered my documents were collected and I was asked to pick a number and wait. This was where my shock began. I nearly stepped on a THICK blanket on the floor just infront of where I picked number. Suddenly I realized that someone was sleeping under the blanket. This drew my curiosity. As I kept watching, I heard a CBSA officer shout to the person on the floor in the public area that it was time to wake up. I think this person had tried to cross the border illegally from the states to Canada and was arrested. The look on this fella's face took away my joy of landing. He was stripped on things he had in possession and was locked in a detention center (visible from where I sat). I could hear this fella tell CBSA officer to keep well his last 5 bucks in pocket! At this point tears dropped from my eyes. The very freedom that I was there to land so I could enjoy, another person would probably be denied of it. I thought life is not fair. Considering the overall treatment of this fella, I wondered would a Canadian be treated this way?

Anyways after 20 minutes, a CBSA calls me and says my PR was approved. This officer was really nice and helpful. She told me to keep the COPR well even if I get my PR card. She said the COPR must be kept until day of Pension else I would have problems collecting pension in Canada. She advised that I should go and make notarized copies of it and keep them in a safe. She said PR card will arrive in about 8 weeks I left and departed with my buddy!

On this appoint I wish to say thank you to all forum members for your encouragement and information sharing. That was helpful. I pray all of you become PR soon!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it. Congrats again.

April042016

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I also got a reply from ottawa..

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
Same reply I got on aug 4th I'm April 7th 2016 applicant

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Did anyone else background check in process?

djangel08

Aug 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF November 9, 2106 Supplementary Travels December 12, 2016
AOR Received.
September 21, 2016
Med's Request
September 6, 2017
Med's Done....
September 25, 2017
Passport Req..
December 12, 2017
june 13 received MR Sept.6
hi
calling all June 2016 Applicants have all of you got medical requests yet or not ?????
plz reply

djangel08

Aug 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF November 9, 2106 Supplementary Travels December 12, 2016
AOR Received.
September 21, 2016
Med's Request
September 6, 2017
Med's Done....
September 25, 2017
Passport Req..
December 12, 2017
Im june 6 applicant i receive my MR June 7 2017
good for you as most of june applicant just received MR..and after that some did not yet reveived it..have your background in process now?..