+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - APRIL,MAY JUNE 2016 APPLICANTS....

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
brar20 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for PR after my AINP nomination.
I was nominated under Engineering category.
File received by CIC on June 13, 2016.
Received my AOR on Spet 23, 2016.

My question is:
Can i change my job which doesn't fall under Engineering category? Or do I have to stick to those particular NOCs that are under Engineering category only?

Thanks.
It doesn't matter you have open work permit or not anymore because you have been thru AINP now. Check your AINP certificate, if there is specific category requirement than you have to work for that category only. Or if you want to change the category than you have to notify AINP to update your certificate. Always be on safe side and inform AINP if you change job category. Becuase at the time of final decision on your PR file; IRCC may contact AINP for your certificate again and ask you to fill out Schedule A Background check form to determine your current job.

So always let them know what you are doing and why you are doing.
Hope this help.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
bcpnppr000 said:
hi.. i am new on this forum..

i am bcpnp paper application

i applied for my PR-May 18

I received my AOR - Aug. 9

just want to ask if how long would it take for them to ask for my police clearance.?? because i did not pass it together with the paper app.

any updates in may applicants????
As per the current timeline they will probably sent you Reminder email for file update, RPRF fees and Police clearance certificate in approx March-April. So do not send anything until they ask you for now.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
ifras said:
Do they actually take 16 months or someone can be lucky to have the decision in a year ?
Yes IRCC is taking the same amount of time what they have mentioned online. My application took complete 15 months when it was 15 months processing time.
Since June 2016, IRCC is working on Refugee files now and they are slow with Paper based PNP applications.

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
Hi Chintan.patel,

Please allow me to remind you that Work permits and Provincial Nominations are two completely separate things.
One has to notify the Government of the Province he/she has been nominated but, to work in Canada, one has to abide by what is in the work permit.
If your work permit has no occupation stated, you can work as whatever. Regardless of the fact that you still have to notify them of a change in condition.
If this was not the case, why would the PNPR application continue its normal course even if one decides to return home?
It is a good idea to maintain the professional activity that led to the nomination but in many case there are "natural" changes of NOC.
I'll offer you my example: I am a Steamfitter/ Pipefitter journeyman (NOC7252) but when working as a contractor or foreman, my NOC changes to NOC7203. This is the reason why Work Permits do not state de NOC but the occupation itself.
Also, because things take forever with IRCC, one may change employer or project and most likely will. How unfair would it be if one finds himself temporarily without work, is waiting for a decision, has bills to pay but cannot take a job that allows a smooth transition to the next one?
This can only happen if the work permit does not limit the occupation and/or location where a person can work.
If I am mistaken, please let me know where can I read about it.
Regards

aniii

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi all, I have a question about bridging work permit and hoping if any one can help.

I got my AINP nomination from Ontario (masters stream- No job offer ) on June 8th 2016 , my application for PR was received by CIC on July 12th 2016, and Im hoping to get AOR any day. (Im Inland)

My current open work permit which I got after completion of my master degree will expire on Feb 27th 2017.
I'm planning to apply for the Bridging work permit hopefully in DEC, and Im travelling home from Dec 16th to JAN 4th
here is my questions:

1- Is it ok if I apply before travelling? my current status and TRV will still be valid until FEB 2017 but is it ok if I apply and leave for 2 weeks? or is it better if I apply when I come back?

2- do I go on implied status when my current work permit expires or when I apply for a new work permit?

2- can I apply for a new TRV at the same time of applying for the bridging work permit, or do I have to wait for the permit to come first and then get the TRV.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

Thanksss

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
Hi aniii,

Starting from last:

- Bridging work permits are usually valid for a period of one year.
- I'm not really familiarised with TRV but I think it is related to the fact that you may have entered the country as a visitor and, afterwards, applied for an open work permit. If this is the case, your OWP supersedes the TRV.
- Implied status only applies when your work permit expires, you have submitted an application for a new work permit and are waiting for a decision from IRCC. This status is only valid if you remain in Canada until a final decision is made. When travelling outside Canada, be sure to return before your work permit expires otherwise you cannot be considered in implied status.
- There are specific parameters to apply for a bridging work permit. Take a look here before applying.

I hope I was able to help.
Cheers

aniii

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
one2much said:
Hi aniii,

Starting from last:

- Bridging work permits are usually valid for a period of one year.
- I'm not really familiarised with TRV but I think it is related to the fact that you may have entered the country as a visitor and, afterwards, applied for an open work permit. If this is the case, your OWP supersedes the TRV.
- Implied status only applies when your work permit expires, you have submitted an application for a new work permit and are waiting for a decision from IRCC. This status is only valid if you remain in Canada until a final decision is made. When travelling outside Canada, be sure to return before your work permit expires otherwise you cannot be considered in implied status.
- There are specific parameters to apply for a bridging work permit. Take a look here before applying.

I hope I was able to help.
Cheers
Hello Thanks alotttttt this really helps, If they are only valid for one year I think its a better idea to apply a bit later in 2017, before my current permit expires. The TRV is only for travelling, last time I got it after my open work permit was issued. And I was wondering if this time i could apply for both at the same time. Thanks again

masim2014

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd jan 2015
Nomination.....
Waiting
IELTS Request
Already submitted
one2much said:
Hi Chintan.patel,

Please allow me to remind you that Work permits and Provincial Nominations are two completely separate things.
One has to notify the Government of the Province he/she has been nominated but, to work in Canada, one has to abide by what is in the work permit.
If your work permit has no occupation stated, you can work as whatever. Regardless of the fact that you still have to notify them of a change in condition.
If this was not the case, why would the PNPR application continue its normal course even if one decides to return home?
It is a good idea to maintain the professional activity that led to the nomination but in many case there are "natural" changes of NOC.
I'll offer you my example: I am a Steamfitter/ Pipefitter journeyman (NOC7252) but when working as a contractor or foreman, my NOC changes to NOC7203. This is the reason why Work Permits do not state de NOC but the occupation itself.
Also, because things take forever with IRCC, one may change employer or project and most likely will. How unfair would it be if one finds himself temporarily without work, is waiting for a decision, has bills to pay but cannot take a job that allows a smooth transition to the next one?
This can only happen if the work permit does not limit the occupation and/or location where a person can work.
If I am mistaken, please let me know where can I read about it.
Regards
Dear. Do u have any idea about license issues ?? i have applied in SINP OID 2nd Jan-2015 ... my SINP application case is rejected just because of license .even my close relative is in Saskatchewan . i have applied for 2nd review since May-2015 and still waiting decision from SINP. mY Noc is 1111 Regulated.

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
aniii said:
Hi all, I have a question about bridging work permit and hoping if any one can help.

I got my AINP nomination from Ontario (masters stream- No job offer ) on June 8th 2016 , my application for PR was received by CIC on July 12th 2016, and Im hoping to get AOR any day. (Im Inland)

My current open work permit which I got after completion of my master degree will expire on Feb 27th 2017.
I'm planning to apply for the Bridging work permit hopefully in DEC, and Im travelling home from Dec 16th to JAN 4th
here is my questions:

1- Is it ok if I apply before travelling? my current status and TRV will still be valid until FEB 2017 but is it ok if I apply and leave for 2 weeks? or is it better if I apply when I come back?

2- do I go on implied status when my current work permit expires or when I apply for a new work permit?

2- can I apply for a new TRV at the same time of applying for the bridging work permit, or do I have to wait for the permit to come first and then get the TRV.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

Thanksss
Yes you can travel and return before the expiry of your current worl permit and still get implied status if you are in Canada and have a work permit application in process. So if you return before feb 27 and had already put an application for a beidging permit you will get implied status. Just be mindful that if you leave canada dyring implied status then your implied status is no longer valid.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
jugraj12 said:
In my CIC account my review of eligibility is in process. How long does it take to change to passed?
Until they issue COPR

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
masim2014 said:
Dear. Do u have any idea about license issues ?? i have applied in SINP OID 2nd Jan-2015 ... my SINP application case is rejected just because of license .even my close relative is in Saskatchewan . i have applied for 2nd review since May-2015 and still waiting decision from SINP. mY Noc is 1111 Regulated.
Hi masim2014,
It seems your profession requires quite a bit of procedures before you can actually start working. A license is required for all professionals in your field (member license) and, if you decide to incorporate a business, you will need a license for your company as well (firm license). It seems things change a bit from province to province. Maybe you could start here.
I hope things come through for you.
Cheers

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
jugraj12 said:
In my CIC account my review of eligibility is in process. How long does it take to change to passed?
Eligibility review is just AOR so maybe a few days :)

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Abdul Hannan said:
Eligibility review is just AOR so maybe a few days :)
No, Eligibility review will show in process until your entire application is finalized.
For detailed status, you need order gcms notes.