+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - APRIL,MAY JUNE 2016 APPLICANTS....

lucatony

Sep 10, 2015
HiCanadiano said:
Thanks for your kind explanation. I phoned them to see if there is any possibility of my application being returned as of today but they said they have the application for now. They did not want to tell me if they have it or not but I was kinda begging as my WP will expire in 8 days so I need to find a way to extend it. And the agent thankfully let me know the application is with them adding that it usually takes 18 weeks to get AOR.
The agent said 18 weeks is more likely to be a way to stop us from phoning cic. They just want us to be patient. The actual processing time should be shorter than that based on current situation. I think CIC agent might not have proper access to the application in CIO. The only way I can think about to check is asking the agent about whether the application fee has been recovered. If they can tell the status of the application fee, that might be a good indicator because based on the link below, the application fee will not be recovered until it meets completeness check.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/intake.asp

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
HICanadiano,

From my experience, it is a wast of money applying for a bridging work permit without the AOR (they do not care if one only has a temporary file number (XEP)). Unless they are really distracted, they will keep the money and will not issue the permit.
The letter I received from them states that the refusal was based on the fact that no application was found. This happened while I was already in implied status and despite the fact that they had received the application, with payment made online, more than a month before and I had successfully linked it to myCIC.
It is important to remember that, should you loose status, you can remain in Canada for 90 days, although without being able to work. If you receive the AOR during those 90 days and are still in Canada, you are eligible for a one year open work permit based on the fact that you have been "approved in principle"* for permanent residency.
If you leave the country and receive the AOR outside Canada, this possibility is not available.
I am exactly in this situation. Lost status and waiting for the AOR so I may apply for the open work permit.
On the bright side, it should not take much longer for you to receive news from them. I can only hope it will be good new.

Cheer.

* the AOR is the document that proves you have been "approved in principle".

lucatony

Sep 10, 2015
harmanhallan said:
Does AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt???
What you are talking about is more likely to be MPNP stage. The AOR talking about here is the federal stage, which is the step after getting nomination.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one2much said:
HICANADIANO,
According to my experience it is a wast of money applying for a bridging work permit without the AOR (they do not care if one only has a temporary file number (XEP)). Unless they are really distracted, they will keep the money and will not issue the permit.
The letter I received from them states that the refusal was based on the fact that no application was found. This happened while I was already in implied status and they had received my application with payment made online more than a month before and I was successful linking my application to myCIC.
It is important to remember, should you loose status, that you can stay in Canada for 90 days, although without being able to work. If you receive the AOR during those 90 days and are still in Canada, you are eligible for a one year open work permit based on the fact that you have been "approved in principle"* for permanent residency.
If you leave the country and receive the AOR outside Canada, this possibility is not available.
I am exactly in this situation. Lost status and waiting for the AOR so I may apply for the open work permit.
On the bright side, it should not take much longer for you to receive news from them. I can only hope it will be good new.

Cheer.

* the AOR is the document that proves you have been "approved in principle".
Thanks so much for your input and experience. What I am concerned about is if we are still eligible for an open work permit after the current work permit expires. I understand that we can stay in Canada for another 90 days and then apply for restoration with a fee of $200 in addition to a visa fee. Is the open work permit you were referring not BOWP? I think the open work permit you mentioned is BOWP. To be eligible to apply for the BOWP, we must have a valid work permit which has not been expired at the time of applying for the BOWP. If the current valid work permit expires, we need to get a LMIA or something like that to get a new work permit as far as I know.. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

one2much

Jul 5, 2015
HiCanadiano said:
Is the open work permit you were referring not BOWP? I think the open work permit you mentioned is BOWP. To be eligible to apply for the BOWP, we must have a valid work permit which has not been expired at the time of applying for the BOWP. If the current valid work permit expires, we need to get a LMIA or something like that to get a new work permit as far as I know.. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!
Like you have said, if one loses status (work permit expires) there is no chance of applying for the Bridging Work Permit.
If you remain in Canada, after loosing status, and have the AOR, you are eligible for a new one year open work permit. Not an extension on your expired WP or a second chance on a BWP.
If you leave Canada, this option is not available. For all it matters, it will be like you were coming to Canada for the first time. Meaning, you would have to go through the same steps you did before arrival (work permit application, LMIA and whatever else may apply).
Try going on your myCIC, apply for a work permit under PNP, declare your status as a "worker" even if you lost status. You will have a chance to declare the expiring date of the permit. And the most important question will be:
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
You will have to be able to answer "yes" to this question. In other words, you will have to have the AOR. But, being just an exercise, answer "yes" to se what options are available.
Do not worry about doing this exercise. You will not get in trouble and you can cancel the application at any time, without having to submit it.

Cheers.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one2much said:
Like you have said, if one loses status (work permit expires) there is no chance of applying for the Bridging Work Permit.
If you remain in Canada, after loosing status, and have the AOR, you are eligible for a new one year open work permit. Not an extension on your expired WP or a second chance on a BWP.
If you leave Canada, this option is not available. For all it matters, it will be like you were coming to Canada for the first time. Meaning, you would have to go through the same steps you did before arrival (work permit application, LMIA and whatever else may apply).
Try going on your myCIC, apply for a work permit under PNP, declare your status as a "worker" even if you lost status. You will have a chance to declare the expiring date of the permit. And the most important question will be: You will have to be able to answer "yes" to this question. In other words, you will have to have the AOR. But, being just an exercise, answer "yes" to se what options are available.
Do not worry about doing this exercise. You will not get in trouble and you can cancel the application at any time, without having to submit it.

Cheers.

Thanks for that info. I did not know that if I am still eligible for a new open work permit not BOWP. I thought the only option is to apply for BOWP with AOR or closed work permit with 204(c) letter from PNP office. Where can I find the information you are referring? PNP office or CIC agent did not tell me those two are only options. They kept telling me that I need to have a valid work permit throughout this PR process. So I was going to send a paper BOWP application so that I can save some time before they start working on it. Having said that, I have no plan to leave Canada until I get a new work permit. I don’t think we can apply for a regular open work permit. This only apply to Sponsorship or refugee. Please find link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_ii

robinsons

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2015
Nomination.....
Mar 2016
robsonmin said:
I trying every day linking my application but without success. I send my paper based by mail to NS in June 16th. I am worried about it.
Someone received AOR and not could link application too?
Is it possible it not received by CIC ?????

I appreciate an answer.
I am in the same situation, i got an aor but couldnot link it

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
one2much said:
It's a good thing you were able to link your application. Please remember that while you have a temporary file number (XEP) your application is in line to be verified.
After they have verified that everything is in order, they will issue the AOR and change the "XEP" to an "EP".
I was able to link mine just two days after they received it but no AOR and, according to CIC, if an AOR is not issued it is as if no application has been submitted.
hiCanadiano...

are you able to view your status in MyCIC? because I was able to link my paper-based application to MyCIC but I cannot view the status of my application - application is unavailable, please try again later... I also noticed that my app# is XEP but already got AOR from CIC since May with EP number... I tried to send CSE but no reply yet... thanks...

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
elyxandria said:
hiCanadiano...

are you able to view your status in MyCIC? because I was able to link my paper-based application to MyCIC but I cannot view the status of my application - application is unavailable, please try again later... I also noticed that my app# is XEP but already got AOR from CIC since May with EP number... I tried to send CSE but no reply yet... thanks...

did you get a message in your mail confirming that it had been linked

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Ayokunlex01 said:
I did... But it was so strange that I can't still see the status of my application...

did you get a message in your mail confirming that it had been linked

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elyxandria said:
hiCanadiano...

Yes, I can view the status of my application but there is nothing has been updated regarding my file. If you see your application number starting witb XEP, it seems like the ECAS account has not been updated yet. You received AOR so it will eventually be updated shortly I think.

grewal18

Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EOI Created - 10th May 2015 LAA 8th draw - 13th October 2015 File Number - 19th October 2015 SP2 - 28th October 2015 Assmt Pending - 19th April 2016 Sponsor Interview - 28th April 2016 Under Process - 28th April 2016 Process Complete - 9th May 2016
Nomination.....
LOA - 12th May 2016
AOR Received.
12th August 2016
File Transfer...
11th October 2016
Any other Outland applicant like me whose file was received by CIC on or before 26th May and has still not received UCI/AOR.

My file was received by someone named D. Stapelton on 26th May 2016 .

Many fellow applicants From My CIC Whatsapp group whose file reached on 26 May got their UCI on 10th August.

I am hoping to get UCI by next Tuesday.

Lets see whats there for us.