+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

gosia.h

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
rosvita said:
Hi I would like to try the border today, do you know that if I can apply for another bridge work permit at border?(i am hold a valid one now until NOV)
At the border they can issue only work permits (if you have the registered job offer and PNP letter, LMIA for those who are not exempt) or visitor visa (6 month max). We had to go as our status expired (we were on implied) but if your previous visa is still valid, apply again, with PNP cert, ASAP!

Also, leaving Canada takes away the right to restore your status.

Joshua-H

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July, 2015
AOR Received.
7th Oct. 2015
Med's Request
4-29-2016
gosia.h said:
Like I mentioned, it happened to me. Nowhere mentioned and then refusal!
You can submit only before the decision is made so if I were you, I would do it ASAP! Otherwise they will refuse you :(
In fact, CIC mentioned it.
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

HOWEVER, just submit it through case specific enquiry. It should be fine.

cloudy827

Jun 2, 2016
rosvita said:
Thank you... i do not know that...
I will go to POE today... just got a good job offer... what a f**k that I received the refusal......
I went to board at Niagara Falls to apply BOWP. I got refused twice. Please apply on online, with your work permit, job offer, salary payment, nomination certificated (expired is fine), explanation letter, ...... ect .

87arq

Sep 13, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
wow. How can I be that stupid!!??

I have noticed that I sent the documents to wrong address.

They give you two. One if you have canadian adress and other if you live in the United States. Both addresses are in Ottawa, with same name, but different address and postal code....

Well, I sent it to the one in case you live in the USA....

I have gone to Canada post and nothing can be done.

I have called CIC and they just say to send it again.

LUCKY I didnt have to send original passports!!. This evening once I leave my office I'll go and have my pictures taken again and I will send it to the right address.

So stupid.....

rosvita

Jun 26, 2016
gosia.h said:
At the border they can issue only work permits (if you have the registered job offer and PNP letter, LMIA for those who are not exempt) or visitor visa (6 month max). We had to go as our status expired (we were on implied) but if your previous visa is still valid, apply again, with PNP cert, ASAP!

Thank you so much for your reply... just think going to border will solve the problem quicker...

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
gosia.h said:

sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. So If I have a nomination letter and I am LMIA exempt worker I can go to the border to apply for open work permit. I am on implied status as my WP expired on Oct18. If I go to the border with all documents and with my application number (to extend my WP to show I am on implied status) will I get a WP extension or not?
Thanks for info any way

movincool

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 29, 2015
AOR Received.
January 17, 2016
Med's Request
June 1, 2016
Med's Done....
June 6, 2016
MONKUCHA said:
sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. So If I have a nomination letter and I am LMIA exempt worker I can go to the border to apply for open work permit. I am on implied status as my WP expired on Oct18. If I go to the border with all documents and with my application number (to extend my WP to show I am on implied status) will I get a WP extension or not?
Thanks for info any way
You cannot get BOWP at the border and since you are on implied status, They might refuse you re-entry into canada(edit: I think this depends on whether you need TRV or not to re-enter).

You can only get Closed work permit at the border.

cloudy827

Jun 2, 2016
MONKUCHA said:
Thanks for info any way
They will reject you. Board only take PGWP . All BOWP will be processed through online. That's what they told me. I went to Niagara Falls twice with different board. Got the same answers.

rosvita

Jun 26, 2016
cloudy827 said:
They will reject you. Board only take PGWP . All BOWP will be processed through online. That's what they told me. I went to Niagara Falls twice with different board. Got the same answers.
Thank you so much about your reply. It really save my time that do not waste on unnecessary thing.

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
MONKUCHA said:
Thanks for info any way
At Border, they will not process BOWP.

Thumb rule is, border issue only new permit, no extension...

Reason: For extension there are so many scenario needs to consider, which is not possible to consider at border. But for new permit, there are some set rules which easily can be considered.

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
87arq said:
wow. How can I be that stupid!!??

I have noticed that I sent the documents to wrong address.

They give you two. One if you have canadian adress and other if you live in the United States. Both addresses are in Ottawa, with same name, but different address and postal code....

Well, I sent it to the one in case you live in the USA....

I have gone to Canada post and nothing can be done.

I have called CIC and they just say to send it again.

LUCKY I didnt have to send original passports!!. This evening once I leave my office I'll go and have my pictures taken again and I will send it to the right address.

So stupid.....
I do not think, that will be an issue. As one of my friend provided CIC address in TO instead of his address in return envelope. But, he got his passport back. CIC put a sticker with correct address on top of his writings.

Meanwhile this time, he called CIC, the agent said, do not worry, CIC officer is not that dull, that they will send you passport to CIC address.

Anyways, you should take precaution as you are planning to take.

87arq

Sep 13, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
nayeem01 said:
I do not think, that will be an issue. As one of my friend provided CIC address in TO instead of his address in return envelope. But, he got his passport back. CIC put a sticker with correct address on top of his writings.

During this time, he called CIC, the agent said, do not worry, CIC officer is not that dull, that they will send you passport to CIC address.

Anyways, you should take precaution as you are planning to take.
Thanks for the info!!! I'll send it again just in case as CIC agent told me on the phone. He said "don't risk it. Send it again"

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
87arq said:
Thanks for the info!!! I'll send it again just in case as CIC agent told me on the phone. He said "don't risk it. Send it again"
Yeah, if i was in your case, will do the same :)

joy1983

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
i just got a reply from my MP office ... does this mean everything passed?

time line - applied august 14, 2015
medical request - may 31st

A response was received from Immigration (MP Section):

The application was received at the Centralized Intake office on August 14, 2015.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent’s application is complete has been finalized on May 2, 2016.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until July 20, 2017 for your constituent spouse.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until June 14, 2017 for your constituent.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The file is pending a final review.

· As per our current processing times, it may take up to 16 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.

87arq

Sep 13, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
joy1983 said:
i just got a reply from my MP office ... does this mean everything passed?

time line - applied august 14, 2015
medical request - may 31st

A response was received from Immigration (MP Section):

The application was received at the Centralized Intake office on August 14, 2015.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent’s application is complete has been finalized on May 2, 2016.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until July 20, 2017 for your constituent spouse.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until June 14, 2017 for your constituent.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The file is pending a final review.

· As per our current processing times, it may take up to 16 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
from my point of view, you have everything passed and just waiting for final review which can be up to 3/4 months....in my case was 2.5