+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
nayeem01 said:
Hi Binoob,
Officially there would not be any issue, but unofficially they may put you in trouble.

I did lot of research, you are very fine to do that as much as you can, but i was not very welcomed by USA border officer during my flag poling in Niagara Border. I also heard some was scolded as he went 2nd time for flag poling, US border officer asked him why did he came again for flag poling, whats the issue with to take US VISA.

So, officially you ar fine, rest all are in situation based. Hope this helps :)
Hi Nayeem01

Are you thinking to do flagpoling or leaving country and come back for landing. I am asking because you mentioned US border security OPS discourages flagpoling. Did you experience that at Rainbow bridge or Queenston-Lewiston?

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
milo2015 said:
Hi Nayeem01

Are you thinking to do flagpoling or leaving country and come back for landing. I am asking because you mentioned US border security OPS discourages flagpoling. Did you experience that at Rainbow bridge or Queenston-Lewiston?
Hi Milo2015,

My experience from Rainbow Bridge. I went end of June to renew my Work Permit at border. I am not quite sure which one I will try for landing as my wife is back in home, kept all 3 options open :)
But again its all about time, situation and mostly depends on the officer you are getting.

They were not bad but not very welcoming, seemed like I bothered them a lot :p
But, at Canada border, got very warm welcome, at gate, they did not even ask my passport and one officer was waiting in front of office for us while coming from the gate (May be from gate they told office, that someone is coming).

I went during weekend around 06:45AM.

awesome77

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Guys I want to know how long it take to receive ppr once our background check goes IN PROGRESS. From. NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
MY background check went to in Progress Yesterday. ..
Thanks for reply in advance
Cheers

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
It depends case to case.
In my case it took one day. Others i have seen from few days to weeks. Hopefully, very soon in your case.
You can go through earlier posts in this thread or another thread "PNP-PR_Jan-Feb-march 2015" and see a trend to give you an idea. Again,it depends on case to case basis and who is your assigned case officer working on your case....

rorydent

Apr 20, 2016
awesome77 said:
Guys I want to know how long it take to receive ppr once our background check goes IN PROGRESS. From. NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Cheers
My background checked changed to 'In Progress' August 25th and still waiting. You are looking at least a few weeks im guessing but who knows, everyone's case is different.

ap123

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
rorydent said:
My background checked changed to 'In Progress' August 25th and still waiting. You are looking at least a few weeks im guessing but who knows, everyone's case is different.
My background changed to in progress since July 14, I am still waiting for PPR

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Finally got my passport back today, and I plan to visit Niagara tomorrow :) :D :D :D :D

My timeline:
App received : June 5, 2015:
Medical: April 29, 2016
PPR: Sept 28 (passport sent same day)
Passport return: Oct 14 (return tracker activated yesterday)

What a long journey it has been!!!!

I really hope you all get PPR ASAP. Good Luck :)

AlbertaRocks

Jun 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney.NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Interview........
Probably not needed
Passport Req..
November 9,2016
VISA ISSUED...
Received on November 18,2016
LANDED..........
November 18,2016
June 8,2015 Inland Applicant (AINP). Called yesterday and the call centre agent told me that everything is passed and will receive PPR within February 2017. Doesn't make any sense at all and very much frustrating. Every time you call them and you get different answer. Called last month(after 15 months) and was told that the application is waiting for final review will receive PPR any time soon. As per GCMS notes (received last August,) on June 8,2016 Officer made a remark on my application "All requirement meets. Medical valid. RFV*2". Feeling hopeless and don't know what to do. Submit an application update inquiry through my local MP (last Tuesday)and will receive an update within 10 business days from them. Also submit an inquiry under IRCC web form for the second time (last one was submitted after 15 months). Lets see what new answers you get from them........................

87arq

Sep 13, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
AlbertaRocks said:
June 8,2015 Inland Applicant (AINP). Called yesterday and the call centre agent told me that everything is passed and will receive PPR within February 2017. Doesn't make any sense at all and very much frustrating. Every time you call them and you get different answer. Called last month(after 15 months) and was told that the application is waiting for final review will receive PPR any time soon. As per GCMS notes (received last August,) on June 8,2016 Officer made a remark on my application "All requirement meets. Medical valid. RFV*2". Feeling hopeless and don't know what to do. Submit an application update inquiry through my local MP (last Tuesday)and will receive an update within 10 business days from them. Also submit an inquiry under IRCC web form for the second time (last one was submitted after 15 months). Lets see what new answers you get from them........................
you are right. the give different answers every time you call. They are a waste of time. I think they might be able to see how many times they have accessed your case by phone calls to Call Centre and they might have told you february so you dont call again. They dont care how we feel.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
awesome77 said:
Cheers
Until June 2016 it was taking only 2 days to get PPR after background change to In Progress. Suddenly after mid June it was taking 2 months. So you can't Predict anything with IRCC these days.
Mine took 2.5 months to get PPR after Background changed in process.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Just quick update that Return tracker activated @5.30pm CST today.
I sent my passport on 28th Sept and they received on 30th Sept.

Planning to visit North Portal border soon. Any SK applicant is more than welcome to join me.

Baung

Jun 10, 2016
Totally agree. Different answers.. So boring and frustrating...

87arq said:
you are right. the give different answers every time you call. They are a waste of time. I think they might be able to see how many times they have accessed your case by phone calls to Call Centre and they might have told you february so you dont call again. They dont care how we feel.

ap123

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
AlbertaRocks said:
Totally same feeling. I sent email to them at least 6 times, the answer just useless! Who knows when we will finish this endless waiting

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
shincanada said:
Mine has been activated this morning.
Ecas still says decision made.
Item processed oct 13 18:31.
onlhy when you landed, it will turn to complete.