+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
aniarmhi said:
I completed my landing today at Emerson, Manitoba. A very quick process all in all! It was about a minute in the car with the border guard; then inside the building I was the only person being seen. The officer said it would take about 20 minutes to get things in order - it was more like 10.

So, my COPR now firmly stapled into my passport, I'm back home in Winnipeg after having an awesome couple of days down in the States with my wife. Now to patiently wait for my PR card, and starting counting down towards citizenship...!

Huge thanks to all here on the forum, particularly the awesome mbgirlfriend (and boyfriend ;)), harirajmohan, PMC89... and many others. A really great community where people can come and vent their frustration, and share their experiences. I'll likely float around for a bit - but I won't be checking things as religiously every day :p

Good luck to all those still waiting!
Very glad to hear you completed your landing smoothly and you're most welcome. Do they ask you any questions about your job?

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
princeshumon said:
Hi Lotus, you can always apply for PRTD permanent resident travel document in your home country which is valid for one time entry for people who don't have their pr cards yet. You will have to contact the Canadian high commission in your home country, immediately after arrival and apply for PRTD as it may take 4-6 weeks to issue one depending on the visa office. Please google PRTD urgent processing and see the list of documents that you will need to apply for one. Hope this helps.
Thank you princeshumon! I will google about this option!

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
I just realized when I sent my passport to Ottawa I forgot to put my name and DOB on one of the photographs! Is it a big deal??? ??? ??? ???

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
PMC89 said:
Good morning everyone and I have a good news. I felt like it was coming, so I woke up very early in the morning and couldn't sleep anymore. It's 6:40 Am local time now and just 10 minutes ago I received the golden email - "Ready For Visa". I received my PPR!!!! :) :)
Congratulations my friend!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
PMC89 said:
I understand your point. But I am not really sure what to say. If I don't say the truth and then if they ask me for payslips then I am screwed, they will know I didn't tell the truth. But at least if I am honest and they ask me why didn't I inform before, then I can say, I was waiting to get a new job before informing them. If I don't have a new job then there is nothing to inform them since techincally there was no change in employer other than the fact that I got laid off.

Besides, they never really asked me for a Schedule A nor is it mentioned anywhere that I should inform them about changing jobs. They only ask you to let them know when there is a change in

-Changes in your mailing address
-Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
-Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
-Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
-You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

Hari raj and other experts, can you shed some light on this? I am very scared.
Sorry i dont know much about maintaining status on work permit hence let us wait for more comments from our inlanders.
Border officials want to hear if the candidate stays inside the country as per rules. But dont be in hurry to land before clearing it out. Mostly they wont ask but we want to be sure before we head out.

loridong1211

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 15, 2015
AOR Received.
AUG 27, 2015
Med's Done....
FEB 23, 2016 (UPFRONT)
Passport Req..
June 13,2016
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
INLAND APPLICANT
Not a big suprise but still exicted..Got PPR today!
Thank you for everyone in the forum, it was long procedure for me to get this PPR. My time is shown on the left. I took my photos on Saturday,will mail the passport out soon? Thank you again!

robinsons

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2015
Nomination.....
Mar 2016
loridong1211 said:
Thank you for everyone in the forum, it was long procedure for me to get this PPR. My time is shown on the left. I took my photos on Saturday,will mail the passport out soon? Thank you again!
Congrats

rasan0201

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
manitoba canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
30/05/2015
AOR Received.
26/08/2015
Med's Request
10/09/2015 Reminder email on 14/09/2015/ request medical again on 27/02/2017
Med's Done....
18/09/2015 Meds update ecas 22/10/2015. Meds update again on 07/03/2017
Passport Req..
Decision made on 18/04/2017
loridong1211 said:
Congratulations

I am still waiting for ppr

Genconian

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
rasan0201 said:
Congratulations

I am still waiting for ppr
Did you get your background status changed to in progress buddy???

I am 8th June applicant and got background status changed to in progress last Thursday.
And today I checked my ECAS, it shows decision made.
But I didn't get ppr email.

rasan0201

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
manitoba canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
30/05/2015
AOR Received.
26/08/2015
Med's Request
10/09/2015 Reminder email on 14/09/2015/ request medical again on 27/02/2017
Med's Done....
18/09/2015 Meds update ecas 22/10/2015. Meds update again on 07/03/2017
Passport Req..
Decision made on 18/04/2017
Genconian said:
Did you get your background status changed to in progress buddy???

I am 8th June applicanr and got background status changed to in progress last Thursday.
And today I checked my ECAS, it shows decision made.
But I didn't get ppr email.
Yes mate its been in process for more than 3 weeks now.no decision made or anything.

I think you will receive ppr mail this week.

aniarmhi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Winnipeg
PMC89 said:
Very glad to hear you completed your landing smoothly and you're most welcome. Do they ask you any questions about your job?
None whatsoever.

At the border, I was asked...

- how long were you away?
- what's the value of the goods you have brought back with you?
- any alcohol or tobacco?
- any firearms or ammunition?

Then, in the office, I was asked...

- where's 'home' right now? (Winnipeg)
- where was home before you moved to Canada? (London)
- when did you move to Canada (2013)
- do you have any 'settlers effects' to follow? (no, everything is already in Canada)
- do you have any other work permits/documentation from CIC? (no, the currently valid one is in the passport - the previously valid one was taken out by a border officer when I flagpoled last)

He ran me through the questions on the COPR, to which I needed to answer 'no', and initial them, then asked me to sign both copies - he kept the one with the photo, and the one without was stapled into my passport alongside a stamp which had my PR number on it. He stated that I could use my COPR in my passport to cross land or marine borders, but not air borders, until I receive my PR card. Once I have the card, I should remove the COPR and store it safely - that's your proof of landing, and will be needed for applying for citizenship.

He then ran me through a list of things new permanent residents should know (residence requirements, being unable to vote or run for political office, how long to wait until applying for citizenship, waiting up to 12 weeks for my PR card). Then we had a chat about the bureaucracy of the immigration process, the stupid delays, the weird ways in which CIC works, the fact the guys at the border can do nothing about it...

Finally, he shook my hand, congratulated me, and welcomed me to Canada!

The whole process - from driving up to the booth, to leaving again in the car, took less than 30 minutes. :)

mchawla

Jun 11, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
2234 Construction Estimator
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 June 2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
11 June 2015
AOR Received.
24 August 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
4 March 2016
Med's Done....
9 March 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
6 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
13 Sep 2016
LANDED..........
1 Oct 2016
loridong1211 said:
congrats :) :) :).... I am still waiting for PPR

zx86496790

May 6, 2016
loridong1211 said:
congrats Smiley Smiley Smiley.... I am still waiting for PPR