+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
I am from the MPNP 14th draw. I have submitted my application and my sponsor also sent SP2 to mpnpsupporter@gov.mb.ca on 20th May, 2016. Usually, MPNP reply back to sponsor an acknowledge receipt e-mail within 12-15 days after sponsors sent the SP2 to them on the above e-mail address like the following:

Dear MPNP Supporter:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your email. Documents will be added to the file. For future correspondence, please upload the documents online. To do this, applicant needs to log into his/her online account, scan and upload the additional documents.

Sincerely,

MPNP

Today, it has been more than 20 days to sent of SP2 but, my sponsor did not receive any such mail. I do not know what is wrong. Should my sponsor should ask MPNP on the above e-mail about the addition of SP2 or what action should he take?

Regards,

Noor

sachinmodi22

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
AOR Received.
19-08-2015
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
Already landed
PMC89 said:
Guys, I have a question, I see some people have been asked about where they are working while completing their landing. It's making me a bit concerned, as I am not working now. I am on a closed work permit and I got laid off from my previous employer due to no fault of my own. Is this going to be a problem during landing since I am not working? I am planning to tell them I was waiting for my PR to start working since currently I am on a closed work permit. I also requested one of my acquaintance who has a startup company to write me a job offer letter so that I can tell them that I got offered a job and will start working once I get PR.
Hey good morning pmc89, whatever I m gonna say is not right but just giving u a suggestion that just tell them that u are still working for them because mine one friend just did the same thing last week when he did landing. They didn't ask further and got his p.r. I know I m wrong and sorry for the wrong advise but still I suggest this.

Jun 5, 2016
PMC89 said:
Guys, I have a question, I see some people have been asked about where they are working while completing their landing. It's making me a bit concerned, as I am not working now. I am on a closed work permit and I got laid off from my previous employer due to no fault of my own. Is this going to be a problem during landing since I am not working? I am planning to tell them I was waiting for my PR to start working since currently I am on a closed work permit. I also requested one of my acquaintance who has a startup company to write me a job offer letter so that I can tell them that I got offered a job and will start working once I get PR.
Hi PMC89,

If you are graduate with Master Degree, you dont need to apply PNP with a job offer. So whatever you are employed or not currently, does not matter

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
sachinmodi22 said:
Hey good morning pmc89, whatever I m gonna say is not right but just giving u a suggestion that just tell them that u are still working for them because mine one friend just did the same thing last week when he did landing. They didn't ask further and got his p.r. I know I m wrong and sorry for the wrong advise but still I suggest this.
Thank you for your advice. But it's not right to lie and it's risky. I am very uncomfortable lying in general, and I won't be able to do that when I am at such an important situation. They appreciate honesty more than lies and if they find out, surely it's not going to be very good. That's why I planning to go there prepared with another job offer letter.

jasontsang0081 said:
Hi PMC89,

If you are graduate with Master Degree, you dont need to apply PNP with a job offer. So whatever you are employed or not currently, does not matter
I am a graduate with a PG diploma. I applied for my pnp based on my job offer and 6 months work experience. I worked there for 2 years, from 2014-2016. Besides my current closed work permit says I can only work for that employer.

chuni68

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
24-06-2015
Nomination.....
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
IELTS Request
N.A
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Received visa & COPR today. But my daughter's (studying in USA) visa office change request yet under process.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
chuni68 said:
1. Received visa & COPR today.
2. But my daughter's (studying in USA) visa office change request yet under process.
1. Congrats. I thought you might have received passport and copr long back.
2. Looks like visa office is busier than ottawa (delay in #1 also points to it) hence it might be coming little late.

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Congratulations to everyone who landed!!! :D :D :D

How long does it take to get an actual PR card after you land?
I'm planning on travelling in August, but you do need a PR card to come back to Canada

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
ashomony said:
if you tell them about the truth may be they will make it difficult and will tell you why u didnot informed it to CIC before? thats what i think . please discus with others who has more knowledge about it. please do not say anything that can ruined your final match. think twice before you say anything.
I understand your point. But I am not really sure what to say. If I don't say the truth and then if they ask me for payslips then I am screwed, they will know I didn't tell the truth. But at least if I am honest and they ask me why didn't I inform before, then I can say, I was waiting to get a new job before informing them. If I don't have a new job then there is nothing to inform them since techincally there was no change in employer other than the fact that I got laid off.

Besides, they never really asked me for a Schedule A nor is it mentioned anywhere that I should inform them about changing jobs. They only ask you to let them know when there is a change in

-Changes in your mailing address
-Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
-Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
-Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
-You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

Hari raj and other experts, can you shed some light on this? I am very scared.

ROCKY_JUNIOR

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2015
Med's Request
APRIL 29, 2016
Med's Done....
MAY 9, 2016
Passport Req..
JUNE 17TH, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 6TH, 2016
LANDED..........
JULY 8TH, 2016 .......
Lotus_flower said:

I'm planning on travelling in August, but you do need a PR card to come back to Canada
hI lOTUS_fLOWER,

Generally it takes 90 days , but current timings reaches to probably 4 months.
You can leave Canada via Road without PR card but not by Air..

So if you plan going to other country without PR card :p :p , you can still go by air from states then come back to states and enter into a canada via border road (you need a valid US visa for that thing and landed status before doing it).. ;D ;D
or Otherwise you should wait for PR card then left for trip anywhere in the world via AIR ROUTE.. ::) ::)

As landing paper :eek: :eek: not valid for AIR route to come back to CANaDA afterwards..

87arq

Sep 13, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
ROCKY_JUNIOR said:
hI lOTUS_fLOWER,

So if you plan going to other country without PR card :p :p , you can still go by air from states then come back to states and enter into a canada via border road (you need a valid US visa for that thing and landed status before doing it).. ;D ;D
or Otherwise you should wait for PR card then left for trip anywhere in the world via AIR ROUTE.. ::) ::)

As landing paper :eek: :eek: not valid for AIR route to come back to CANaDA afterwards..
According to cic website, it takes 58 days if you apply now for a new pr card. Last updated on June 6th.

aniarmhi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Winnipeg
I completed my landing today at Emerson, Manitoba. A very quick process all in all! It was about a minute in the car with the border guard; then inside the building I was the only person being seen. The officer said it would take about 20 minutes to get things in order - it was more like 10.

So, my COPR now firmly stapled into my passport, I'm back home in Winnipeg after having an awesome couple of days down in the States with my wife. Now to patiently wait for my PR card, and starting counting down towards citizenship...!

Huge thanks to all here on the forum, particularly the awesome mbgirlfriend (and boyfriend ;)), harirajmohan, PMC89... and many others. A really great community where people can come and vent their frustration, and share their experiences. I'll likely float around for a bit - but I won't be checking things as religiously every day :p

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
ROCKY_JUNIOR said:
hI lOTUS_fLOWER,

Thanks Rocky Junior for your reply!
Why the hell is it all so complicated?! :mad: bureaucracy at its best.
I'm hoping to go to UK in the middle of August (even tho I still have to apply for the UK visa), but if it is really 90 or even 58 days wait I don't think it is enough time ???
And no, I don't have a US visa either -_-
Also, I think you can still leave Canada by air without PR card, but definitely not enter by air :-[

87arq said:
According to cic website, it takes 58 days if you apply now for a new pr card. Last updated on June 6th.
I'm just looking at another thread right now where people are waiting for PR cards after landing, and some of them who landed in early April still have not received it :( and sometimes people are asked to resubmit their photos, which adds to the wait again..

princeshumon

Dec 30, 2015
Lotus_flower said:

Hi Lotus, you can always apply for PRTD permanent resident travel document in your home country which is valid for one time entry for people who don't have their pr cards yet. You will have to contact the Canadian high commission in your home country, immediately after arrival and apply for PRTD as it may take 4-6 weeks to issue one depending on the visa office. Please google PRTD urgent processing and see the list of documents that you will need to apply for one. Hope this helps.