+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
rorydent said:
If your current Work Permit is about to expire, you go to your provinces PNP office, show that you are still working there (show last 3 months of pay stubs) and they will issue you a new issuance letter which will allow you to go to border to pick up a new Work Permit via land entry. Contact your PNP advisor and they will guide you. Get the help from them, the B.C PNP office have been awesome in my journey.

Good luck.
For BOWP, its not necessary to renew PNP, in Ontario all are already mentioned in the PNP certificate, nothing to renew...may be in BC its different...
And at border (Niagara), officer refused to extend my application as for extension there might so many scenario, they can only issue permit if it is new. (this was my experience)

rorydent

Apr 20, 2016
nayeem01 said:
For BOWP, its not necessary to renew PNP, in Ontario all are already mentioned in the PNP certificate, nothing to renew...may be in BC its different...
And at border (Niagara), officer refused to extend my application as for extension there might so many scenario, they can only issue permit if it is new. (this was my experience)
Yeah true with BOWP, you can apply for this with the original certificate, but you will have to await for approval of this first which could take a while (meaning going to implied status and making it a bit more difficult). Surely would be easier just getting a letter from PNP to get a new work permit (technically an extension of previous work permit), then just wait out till PR is approved. But again, there are a few options I think.

karan.m

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Anybody got any good news... Its been almost 2 weeks since there has been any news... Wats goin in wid cic

HamedGh

Apr 17, 2013
I am holding expired ONP certificate and work permit should expire late this month. I haven't heard anything for open BOWM applied early August and am in danger of loosing my job. Anyone can assist letting me know if ONP applicants can get work permit at border and if so would the expired nominee certificate works fine? I need a like walk through here as I was certain I will get OBWP by this time so never explored this way.
Thanks.

Feb 3, 2016
Hi,

I had the same situation, It should not be a problem. You will only have to submit the WP application proof to your companies HR. It will be good until you receive response from CIC.
Submit your renewed WP once you receive it.

It says "You must submit your application before your current permit expires. You will then be allowed to stay in Canada until a decision is made."

HamedGh

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks! I also contacted CIC and was able to talk to the agent. He commented that although we can not request WP at border but having a proof that we applied for OBWP shall be enough (hope my bank would agree with this), current processing time for BOWP paper based is 93 days. About my mid July PNP PR application he said everything is passed and they shall contact us soon....

Zohaib Tanveer said:
Hi,

I had the same situation, It should not be a problem. You will only have to submit the WP application proof to your companies HR. It will be good until you receive response from CIC.
Submit your renewed WP once you receive it.

It says "You must submit your application before your current permit expires. You will then be allowed to stay in Canada until a decision is made."

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
HamedGh said:
I am holding expired ONP certificate and work permit should expire late this month. I haven't heard anything for open BOWM applied early August and am in danger of loosing my job. Anyone can assist letting me know if ONP applicants can get work permit at border and if so would the expired nominee certificate works fine? I need a like walk through here as I was certain I will get OBWP by this time so never explored this way.
Thanks.
I had an experience...At border they will not do any kind of extension, BOWP is considered as an extension.

Anyways, you have applied for your BOWP in myCIC, right?
You can show this to your employer, you are 100% legal to work...below is the link,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=189&top=17

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
nayeem01 said:
I had an experience...At border they will not do any kind of extension, BOWP is considered as an extension.

Anyways, you have applied for your BOWP in myCIC, right?
You can show this to your employer, you are 100% legal to work...below is the link,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=189&top=17

Sorry to hijack here...
Hey Naeem
did you got your passport back yet? also,is there any change in mycic?

ashomony

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney.Novascotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF march 30,2016. already paid
Nomination.....
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
Med's Request
April 29, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront April 25, 2016
Passport Req..
sep 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
guys anyone knows what is the procedure if canada post lost the passport

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
milo2015 said:
Sorry to hijack here...
Hey Naeem
did you got your passport back yet? also,is there any change in mycic?
Still waiting...any update for you?

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
nayeem01 said:
Still waiting...any update for you?
thanks.
My passport was delivered to Ottawa Yesterday at around noon time. Although it was sent to PO Box address but some person BB signed to receive it which is strange (might be package was big enough to go in the box?) also,Mycic does't show anything right now (Everything in progress yet)

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
ashomony said:
guys anyone knows what is the procedure if canada post lost the passport
you wanna go to "search" bar and look for related post regarding mail delivery for passport. Few years ago i almost lost my passport but then eventually i did received in non-trackable 80 cent postage envelope. I vividly remembering reading some of the posts from this forum who experience issues with receiving passport. Sorry cant help much though