Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
pieceofcake said:
Hope so. My WP will expired at April.
My bf's WP expires next week but he applied for a BOWP so he will be on implied status. What has us worried is that we are not 100% sure he will get the WP because of all the changes they made to the rules and his employer would not pay the compliance fee for the closed one. The way we interpret the new rules for the BOWP he should get one but I have read to many cases on here where it seems like someone should be approved but I don't think CIC agents are a relays clear on the rules. I can understand how they would make mistakes with all the changes they need to stay updated on as well as still doing their job. But, it makes it a lot more scary when waiting for them to approve something.

Basically we are counting on the long processing times for work permits right now (about 4 months) to keep him on implied status and we hope he will get PR within 3 months.

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
Mbgirlfriend said:
My bf's WP expires next week but he applied for a BOWP so he will be on implied status. What has us worried is that we are not 100% sure he will get the WP because of all the changes they made to the rules and his employer would not pay the compliance fee for the closed one. The way we interpret the new rules for the BOWP he should get one but I have read to many cases on here where it seems like someone should be approved but I don't think CIC agents are a relays clear on the rules. I can understand how they would make mistakes with all the changes they need to stay updated on as well as still doing their job. But, it makes it a lot more scary when waiting for them to approve something.

Basically we are counting on the long processing times for work permits right now (about 4 months) to keep him on implied status and we hope he will get PR within 3 months.
Finger crossed.
My WP is closed so I will apply for extension of closed wp. My employer will pay compliance fee and I have already extension of nomination.

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Mbgirlfriend said:

Mbgirlfriend it doesnt matter if you or your employer will pay the employer compliance fee as long as his/her is the one who will submitted thrue online prior submitting to your BOWP application. CIC agent sometimes makes mistakes when assessing the application of BOWP or Closed work permit using PNP certificate because of lock of documents... to avoid refusal check your bF PNP certificate if it says NO JOB Offer... what u only need in applying for BOWP is PNP support letter, if u want to stick with your employer u will need employer compliance...if not u dont need to attached and complete requirements with a copy of notary documents... Hope this one will help. Goodluck to all of us...hope we get our PPR very soon

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
ness12 said:
Mbgirlfriend it doesnt matter if you or your employer will pay the employer compliance fee as long as his/her is the one who will submitted thrue online prior submitting to your BOWP application. CIC agent sometimes makes mistakes when assessing the application of BOWP or Closed work permit using PNP certificate because of lock of documents... to avoid refusal check your bF PNP certificate if it says NO JOB Offer... what u only need in applying for BOWP is PNP support letter, if u want to stick with your employer u will need employer compliance...if not u dont need to attached and complete requirements with a copy of notary documents... Hope this one will help. Goodluck to all of us...hope we get our PPR very soon
My bf's situation is far more complicated than that. He works for a very big organization and basically even getting his boss to do the online part is would be difficult. Its not part of her job to do that and when he sent an email a few months back she never replied, he sent another a few weeks ago and still she never replied. Also when we asked CIC and the PNP office they both said that the fee must be paid by the employer not the employee.

His PNP certificate does mention his job however it does not say there are restrictions on it. The person at the PNP office said he did not have restrictions but they could not give him a letter saying this because they do not have a template for one yet. According to the CIC site if the PNP certificate does not clearly have the words "job restriction" in a check box then a person with PNP should qualify for BOWP. My bf does not have this box on his PNP, his certificate mentions that he has a job and the name of his employer as well as the fact that he has training and experience in his field to be able to make a contribution to the province.

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
I wonder why its taking so long for February applicants? They are getting pprs after almost an year. So in that case do we have another 2 months of waiting??

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
shallu7287 said:
I wonder why its taking so long for February applicants? They are getting pprs after almost an year. So in that case do we dhave another 2 months of waiting??
Actually this is an improvement there is also still some October, November and December 2014 applicants who have just got PPR or are still waiting. The average wait before was 15 months.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Mbgirlfriend said:
My bf's situation is far more complicated than that. He works for a very big organization and basically even getting his boss to do the online part is would be difficult. Its not part of her job to do that and when he sent an email a few months back she never replied, he sent another a few weeks ago and still she never replied. Also when we asked CIC and the PNP office they both said that the fee must be paid by the employer not the employee.

His PNP certificate does mention his job however it does not say there are restrictions on it. The person at the PNP office said he did not have restrictions but they could not give him a letter saying this because they do not have a template for one yet. According to the CIC site if the PNP certificate does not clearly have the words "job restriction" in a check box then a person with PNP should qualify for BOWP. My bf does not have this box on his PNP, his certificate mentions that he has a job and the name of his employer as well as the fact that he has training and experience in his field to be able to make a contribution to the province.
My situation is even worse, I got laid off early January since my company had some difficulty generating new business. And guess what I am on a closed work permit which means I can't work anywhere until I get my PR. I am just mostly living on my savings now, so it's really important for me to have PR within the next 2-3 months.

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
PMC89 said:
My situation is even worse, I got laid off early January since my company had some difficulty generating new business. And guess what I am on a closed work permit which means I can't work anywhere until I get my PR. I am just mostly living on my savings now, so it's really important for me to have PR within the next 2-3 months.
Up to Feb 11, 24702 immigration applications of Syrian refugees have been finalized by the Government of Canada within about 4-month time. Happy for those refugees!

Just wish applications of other immigration categories can be processed at similar speed. Can CIC do that?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
PMC89 said:
Sorry but your situation is not worse if my bf is denied his work permit before getting PR and has to leave his job and leave Canada then he will very likely loose his PNP nomination (his nomination is based on the fact that he has a full time job) and therefore his entire PR application could be denied. The thought of everything falling apart when we are so close (maybe 3 months from him getting PR) is very stressful. We wish our only worries was him not being able to work.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Mbgirlfriend said:
Sorry but your situation is not worse if my bf is denied his work permit before getting PR and has to leave his job and leave Canada then he will very likely loose his PNP nomination (his nomination is based on the fact that he has a full time job) and therefore his entire PR application could be denied. The thought of everything falling apart when we are so close (maybe 3 months from him getting PR) is very stressful. We wish our only worries was him not being able to work.
My nomination is also based on my job, which I don't have anymore, but I just decided to keep quiet and hope for the best. worrying is not going to help at all. As long as your bf applies before the permit expires he should be fine and can work under implied status which I guess you already know. They take about 4 months to make a decision, so your PR should come by then. Right now neither your bf lost his job nor his work permit got rejected so no need to get stressed.

KEV1989

Feb 14, 2016
PMC89 said:
My nomination is also based on my job, which I don't have anymore, but I just decided to keep quiet and hope for the best. worrying is not going to help at all. As long as your bf applies before the permit expires he should be fine and can work under implied status which I guess you already know. They take about 4 months to make a decision, so your PR should come by then. Right now neither your bf lost his job nor his work permit got rejected so no need to get stressed.
Hi guys, I submitted my PR application in April 2015, and I am currently on work visa which will expire in May, 2016, I don't think I will get my PR before the WP expires, so I applied for BOWP last month, the BOWP requires a AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) from CIC, and I think I have submitted the wrong file, I submitted the RPRF receipt, after going through the forum, I think the AOR letter means the email letter named "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (PNP)" which stated "Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)" it that correct?
Does anyone know what I should do if I have submitted the wrong file?

Thanks very much!
KEV

mm88

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-4-2016
LANDED..........
soon
KEV1989 said:
Hi guys, I submitted my PR application in April 2015, and I am currently on work visa which will expire in May, 2016, I don't think I will get my PR before the WP expires, so I applied for BOWP last month, the BOWP requires a AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) from CIC, and I think I have submitted the wrong file, I submitted the RPRF receipt, after going through the forum, I think the AOR letter means the email letter named "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (PNP)" which stated "Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)" it that correct?
Does anyone know what I should do if I have submitted the wrong file?

Thanks very much!
KEV

attach the AOR through the case inquiry form and explain ehat happened in a message and they will attach it to your wp application it takes like 10 days ... i dont know if others might have a better idea

KEV1989

Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for your advice, also I am wondering if I could go to the border to do flagpoling, the online application process time is 144 days.
Do you know if I am eligible for flagpoling?

Thanks,
KEV

mm88

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-4-2016
LANDED..........
soon
KEV1989 said:
Thanks for your advice, also I am wondering if I could go to the border to do flagpoling, the online application process time is 144 days.
Do you know if I am eligible for flagpoling?

Thanks,
KEV
i think u need to have a valid work permit when u do landing ... im not sure if they accept a receipt that u have applied for a wp ... it looks like its taking around a year for pr with the jan and feb applicants so if thats the case we should get our pr around april