+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR APPLICATION JUNE 2014

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Is anyone considering to apply under express entry as a back up option? Any opinion on if it will be worth it. I have applied for PR in July and no AOR yet

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
intellectgyani said:
Is anyone considering to apply under express entry as a back up option? Any opinion on if it will be worth it. I have applied for PR in July and no AOR yet
Thought about it and still considering it. Our pnp is not eligible so we will have to applying under CEC/FSW. My pnp did not require an english exam. For express entry, you need one. I decided I will wait a bit longer before I do anything.

Express Entry also is unpredictable in that you dont know how long you will wait until they invite you to apply. Could be many months!

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Why will PNP not be eligible? I was reading about it and it said one can submit pnp certificate.
So if i mention i have pnp they will again redirect me to apply through PNP stream or if i omit PNP info but i have more than a year canadian experience, will they direct me to apply under CEC? Incase one gets an invite woulnt PR processing be done under 6 months?

Planning to wait till end of Feb, after got to think of other options!

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
intellectgyani said:
Why will PNP not be eligible? I was reading about it and it said one can submit pnp certificate.
So if i mention i have pnp they will again redirect me to apply through PNP stream or if i omit PNP info but i have more than a year canadian experience, will they direct me to apply under CEC? Incase one gets an invite woulnt PR processing be done under 6 months?

Planning to wait till end of Feb, after got to think of other options!
Ontario PNP is not participating in Express entry yet as far as I know.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
zafrulbd said:
Police clearance is valid 1 years and IELTS is valid for 2years.
Are you sure for PCC and IELTS validity? Where is the source for this?

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cupcakes said:
Are you sure for PCC and IELTS validity? Where is the source for this?
PCC is valid for one year and it must be issued with in three months before you applied
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Earlier IELTS is valid for 2 years. Now in express entry they have changed the rule, your language test result must be valid till CIC will invite to apply for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for All OPNP Applicants:

Any news on AoR or Medical yet? Any progress on pending Work Permit application? We are almost in the middle of January now!

Jan 13, 2015
Hi everybody!
My Work Permit will Expire on Feb 27, 2015.
I am an AINP nominated in EMPLOYER DRIVEN CATEGORY and my Application is in CIC office in Sydney, NS. I have got AOR in Nov 2014.I need to apply for my Work Permit Extension. Applied for BOWP on Dec 1st and today received a refusal with the explanation:

"You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible
for a bridging open work permit)"

Anybody know if I can apply for a closed WP without LMIA just with nomination certificate and AOR?

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Martinfromprague said:
Hi everybody!
My Work Permit will Expire on Feb 27, 2015.
I am an AINP nominated in EMPLOYER DRIVEN CATEGORY and my Application is in CIC office in Sydney, NS. I have got AOR in Nov 2014.I need to apply for my Work Permit Extension. Applied for BOWP on Dec 1st and today received a refusal with the explanation:

"You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible
for a bridging open work permit)"

Anybody know if I can apply for a closed WP without LMIA just with nomination certificate and AOR?
Apply for a closed work permit but there is a debate on whether the nomination certificate should be valid at the time you apply for the extension of work permit v/s you can use the same nomination certificate as long as you applied for PR and the nomination certificate was valid at the time of sending PR application.

Based on what I had researched when I was applying for my BOPW the AINP website mentioned that the nomination certificate should be valid to apply for WP extension.

Rules might have changed since then and hopefully other members can give their inputs.

Jan 13, 2015
Just talked to the agent and she said to send a request to the AINP office with all the details and they should help me to fix it.
Also this is the issue for people with nominee cert issued before Sept 2014, because officers in CIC donn't know about the changes((

If you have AiNP nomination you should apply for BOWP

nijjar.login

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hey Guys,

I think we need to get together and talk to a MP(maybe immigration minister) about our situation and give them a letter of investigation. Most of us have been suffering due to wait and limited time at our hands. Once we bring it to somebody`s notice, I am pretty sure they will take some action. Something has to be done as we are limited on time. If somebody knows the process on how to get to a MP or has any type of connection that can help, I think we should use. Who is in?

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Martinfromprague said:
Just talked to the agent and she said to send a request to the AINP office with all the details and they should help me to fix it.
Also this is the issue for people with nominee cert issued before Sept 2014, because officers in CIC donn't know about the changes((

If you have AiNP nomination you should apply for BOWP
I think CIC was right in refusing the BOWP application as you are nominated under Employer Driven Stream and one of the conditions of the nomination is that you continue to work with for the same employer hence technically there is no need for BOWP.

The rules certainly have changed since I applied as I got a BOWP on the basis of my AOR from PNP PR application (AINP Employer Driven Stream) and I was never asked to submit a copy of my PNP nomination certificate.

I found this on CIC website:

For the employer-driven streams in the PNP, however, the nominating province or territory may impose employment restrictions for a successful nominee until the person becomes a permanent resident. Therefore, the issuance of an open work permit by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) may contravene the terms and conditions of the nomination, which in turn may render the nomination invalid and jeopardize the permanent residence application.

It should be noted that the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions.

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

I could not find any information that these changes apply to people with nominee cert issued before Sept 2014 as you mentioned in your post.