+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Guys,

I guess there are a few people like me who are in the final leg of waiting (DM or PPR). I am wondering if we can seek some help from the local MP in this regard? Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Guys.. I need your help as I am in trouble now.

I received an email on Monday from CPC Vegreville stating that they have refused my BOWP application because I have not received positive eligibility assessment on my PR application (Eligibility assessment: Not started). I am Nov 20 applicant and my PGWP expires on Dec 14, 2015. I wrote a letter to them stating that the requirements mentioned on CIC website needs either Positive eligibility or an AOR that was sent by CIO NS. My GCMS notes under "Outgoing" Section say that AOR was sent to me. This is also a proof that AOR was received. Further in the notes section somewhere in GCMS it says that AOR will not show on GCMS system as it was sent through bulk email.

In my initial BOWP Application, i attached the email that had my EP file number and that email did not mention anything about Acknowledgement of Receip in the subject line. There was another email that I received that said "Ack of Receipt" in the subject line but had the XEP number on it.

1. Can I use the XEP number AOR email to apply for BOWP?
2. Am I not interpreting correctly the requirements for BOWP?
3. Can any of you please share your experience on what you have done?

I contact CIC helpline and they said that let us send CPC an email and tell them that you have AOR. but I doubt they would respond to that.

I called again today and got lucky, the lady said she will send an email to CIO sydney as well and ask them to atleast provide positive eligibility assessment to my file.

I am meeting the MP tomorrow morning and then with the lawyer on thursday as I have very few days left.

It would be appreciated if you guys take the time out to help me with your advises.

Thanks

Omer

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you have taken necessary action to handle your situation.
just go ahead with your all steps as no need any extra action. i am sure
cic Sydney will correct their action.last option is flag poling if you want quick
work permit but make sure go before your implied status.you can ask some guys
about your flag poling requirements coz i dont know.good luck.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
delta304 said:
i think you have taken necessary action to handle your situation.
just go ahead with your all steps as no need any extra action. i am sure
cic Sydney will correct their action.last option is flag poling if you want quick
work permit but make sure go before your implied status.you can ask some guys
about your flag poling requirements coz i dont know.good luck.
Do you mean flag poling for Bridging open work permit? on CIC website, they have mentioned that you cant apply for BOWP at the border. Or do you think i might be entitled for some other type of work permit.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussy74 said:
Do you mean flag poling for Bridging open work permit? on CIC website, they have mentioned that you cant apply for BOWP at the border. Or do you think i might be entitled for some other type of work permit.
If you have employer support then u can get closed one with his support.If you havent support from
employer then you can get open one. i think you should atleast go to border beofore your status expired.
something is better then nothing.
Moreover your X file number definitely be counted as AOR. i have put that one in my file as per my lawyer told me.
there is only difference between X file is they dont update in Electronic system.once they update you on their online
system then they remove only X. if you notice there will be no difference other than that alphabet in your file's digit.
dont rely on only cic call centre they sometime fix some time they make you stranded. good luck.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
delta304 said:
If you have employer support then u can get closed one with his support.If you havent support from
employer then you can get open one. i think you should atleast go to border beofore your status expired.
something is better then nothing.
Moreover your X file number definitely be counted as AOR. i have put that one in my file as per my lawyer told me.
there is only difference between X file is they dont update in Electronic system.once they update you on their online
system then they remove only X. if you notice there will be no difference other than that alphabet in your file's digit.
dont rely on only cic call centre they sometime fix some time they make you stranded. good luck.
Thanks for your informative response. I will go to the border next week and see if they can provide me an open work permit. I will also meet my lawyer tomorrow and discuss this situation as to why my BOWP was refused. I provided the EP email in support of my BOWP but not the one that said AOR and had XEP number. i dont know if that made a difference.

flou938

Jul 22, 2015
Guys, I would like to share with you my experience with flag poling. Since it was NOT good it might be important for you to know. I was going to a get a closed work permit based on PNP. The officer looked through all my documents and asked for my Certificate from university which I haven't had with me. (this document is neither mentioned in the paper based application nor in online one). The officer said that if I don't have all the documents he will reject my application and won't let me in to Canada. Since I had 3.5 month before my work permit was going to expire when I was at a border, he let me in to Canada. But he said if it would be around one month before WP expiration, officers have a full right to reject you coming back to Canada.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
flou938 said:
Guys, I would like to share with you my experience with flag poling. Since it was NOT good it might be important for you to know. I was going to a get a closed work permit based on PNP. The officer looked through all my documents and asked for my Certificate from university which I haven't had with me. (this document is neither mentioned in the paper based application nor in online one). The officer said that if I don't have all the documents he will reject my application and won't let me in to Canada. Since I had 3.5 month before my work permit was going to expire when I was at a border, he let me in to Canada. But he said if it would be around one month before WP expiration, officers have a full right to reject you coming back to Canada.
Thanks for sharing this. This means that there are very high chances that they might not give me an open work permit. and they might not even allow me back. And after refusal of my BOWP, he would probably think that I am not eligible to stay in canada as the decision was previously made as well.

Thanks again for sharing. this helps a lot.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flou938 said:
Awesome information dear . so many people can get idea from your experience. useful one.
+1

Nice12

Nov 23, 2015
hussy74 said:
Thanks for sharing this. This means that there are very high chances that they might not give me an open work permit. and they might not even allow me back. And after refusal of my BOWP, he would probably think that I am not eligible to stay in canada as the decision was previously made as well.

Thanks again for sharing. this helps a lot.
Did you try visitor permit ? which province nominated you?

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
flou938 said:

Hi! where specific border you apply a work permit? are you from a visa exempt country?

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Nice12 said:
Did you try visitor permit ? which province nominated you?
No I did not try visitor permit. I am Alberta Nominee and the only reason I want a work permit is that I dont want to loose my job. I dont know if some requirement is missing from my end or the officer was just not in a mood.

Nice12

Nov 23, 2015
hussy74 said:
No I did not try visitor permit. I am Alberta Nominee and the only reason I want a work permit is that I dont want to loose my job. I dont know if some requirement is missing from my end or the officer was just not in a mood.

Aor is fine for bowp. Your pnp letter has any restrictions?

Gun87

Jun 14, 2015
Hello guys, i have a question for all. I have applied for PR under pnp. I have recieved my aor and i am done with medical. I have also applied for my work permit extension. Cic is asking for additional documents- PNP. But my pnp has already expired in may. I am sending my old pnp with aor, and payment reciept for my pr application? Should i be worried?