+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pnp PEI REJECTION

zoeinola

Jun 10, 2019
PNP is totally different from other streams. You didn't graduate or have a job offer so you were rightly refused. No point moaning about it. The rules are the rules. As said above, you are extremely lucky you are not banned for 5 years.

Rules:
https://www.canadavisa.com/prince-edward-island-provincial-nominee-program.html#gs.9g3dyn
I beg to disagree with your position in the decline of his application, these question he responded to is rather misleading, here is the question; "Graduated from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution" A recognized PEI post secondary institution does not imply an institution in PEI. I graduated from a UK university and the university is recognized by the Canadian federal govt. Does that mean the institution is in Canada? I think that question should be rephrased by PEI immigration, so applicants have a clear understanding of what the question means

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I beg to disagree with your position in the decline of his application, these question he responded to is rather misleading, here is the question; "Graduated from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution" A recognized PEI post secondary institution does not imply an institution in PEI. I graduated from a UK university and the university is recognized by the Canadian federal govt. Does that mean the institution is in Canada? I think that question should be rephrased by PEI immigration, so applicants have a clear understanding of what the question means
You can beg to disagree all you want, but you are seriously grasping at straws. I am from the UK and I understand the wording perfectly. A PEI institution means an institution in PEI, not just in Canada or recognized by Canada or so forth. Just like the NLPNP where I am (Newfoundland and Labrador). The wording is basically the same, you have to be graduated from a recognized institution in Newfoundland or Labrador for graduate stream. I have and I could have got it, but I am being sponsored by my spouse.
The wording recognized means it is a bonafide college/university....not a fly-by-night community college or something. Why would there be a need for PNP's if you could just graduate from a college that was recognized in Canada or the rest of the world? The whole point of the PNP (for graduate stream) is that you are settling in that province.

zoeinola

Jun 10, 2019
You can beg to disagree all you want, but you are seriously grasping at straws. I am from the UK and I understand the wording perfectly. A PEI institution means an institution in PEI, not just in Canada or recognized by Canada or so forth. Just like the NLPNP where I am (Newfoundland and Labrador). The wording is basically the same, you have to be graduated from a recognized institution in Newfoundland or Labrador for graduate stream. I have and I could have got it, but I am being sponsored by my spouse.
The wording recognized means it is a bonafide college/university....not a fly-by-night community college or something. Why would there be a need for PNP's if you could just graduate from a college that was recognized in Canada or the rest of the world? The whole point of the PNP (for graduate stream) is that you are settling in that province.
The word recognize means:
  1. identify (someone or something) from having encountered them before; know again.
    "I recognized her when her wig fell off"
  2. acknowledge the existence, validity, or legality of.
Fact is the guy who shared the decline letter he received is not the only one who fell for the ambiguous and misleading question PEI put in their EOI. I think the essence of communication is lost if one can't pass a message across appropriately to people (s)he intends to communicate to. That sentence could better be put in a simple form; Did you graduate from or attend an academic institution in PEI?

As to your question about graduating from an institution in that province being the main thing behind PNPs. You should know that not all province have that question on their EOI. Manitoba, SINP, do not have the post secondary study in their province as a requirement. Anyways different province different requirements, that's understandable, my point here is the question isn't explicit, it is misleading. One needs to read in between the lines to arrive at the meaning the immigration attach to the question.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I am talking about the GRADUATE stream you were talking about. I know all provinces do not have this stream in their PNP. I realize you are angry at being denied, but the simple fact of the matter is if you didn't understand the form you should have asked for guidance from someone. I, and a lot of other people here have understood it, so whatever that implies I don't know. Personally i didn't find the wording confusing at all.

zoeinola

Jun 10, 2019
The word recognize means:
  1. identify (someone or something) from having encountered them before; know again.
    "I recognized her when her wig fell off"
  2. acknowledge the existence, validity, or legality of.
Fact is the guy who shared the decline letter he received is not the only one who fell for the ambiguous and misleading question PEI put in their EOI. I think the essence of communication is lost if one can't pass a message across appropriately to people (s)he intends to communicate to. That sentence could better be put in a simple form; Did you graduate from or attend an academic institution in PEI?

As to your question about graduating from an institution in that province being the main thing behind PNPs. You should know that not all province have that question on their EOI. Manitoba, SINP, do not have the post secondary study in their province as a requirement. Anyways different province different requirements, that's understandable, my point here is the question isn't explicit, it is misleading. One needs to read in between the lines to arrive at the meaning the immigration attach to the question.
You should also know that the stream he applied to isn't the graduate stream, it is the express entry stream.

zoeinola

Jun 10, 2019
I am talking about the GRADUATE stream you were talking about. I know all provinces do not have this stream in their PNP. I realize you are angry at being denied, but the simple fact of the matter is if you didn't understand the form you should have asked for guidance from someone. I, and a lot of other people here have understood it, so whatever that implies I don't know. Personally i didn't find the wording confusing at all.
Nope this is not for graduate stream, actually PEI express entry stream,

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
well, it happens ....I made a mistake with my LMIA number. cic asks for this number when a company hires you . I was already hired and had worked for a year so I assumed I didn't need that. I got rejected and spent two very horrifying weeks trying to get it fixed. logically.i was right...

cimci

Nov 26, 2018
What still baffles me is that PEI still does purely paper based application and payment must be by money order/bank cheques. It was really stressful and expensive sending by courier the bulk of printed paper in this information age. Other provincial applications are done completely online like the Federal - with Credit/Debit Card Online payment options.
is this for real? cant we pay application fee online ??

josiebihag

Mar 27, 2019
Hi.. May I know how this went? I have the same situation. Got rejected for the same reason. The EOI statement was really misleading and the submission of ECA seems to be useless if the case is it should be an institution in PEI. Hoping for your response. Thanks

I just got my rejection letter today 2nd of May 2019 reading:

"...Thank you for submitting your application to the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program. Your application and supporting documentation have been reviewed and the decision has been made to decline your application for Nomination.
The reason for the decline of your application is as follows: Non-Compliance with PEIPNP Requirements
Based on the documents provided, principal applicant did not graduate from a recognized PEI post- secondary institutions as claimed in the Expression of Interest profile.
If you would like to re-apply you must wait 6 months from the date of this letter, be able to overcome the issues noted above, and you must meet the program criteria in place at that time..."

I made a call to the Immigration Office in Charlottetown and discussed with the lady. I explained that I had openly indicated on my profile that I did not have a job offer and as of November 2018 when I applied PEI was the only province that did not have FULL TIME JOB OFFER as a requirement. Concerning graduation from a recognized PEI post-secondary, I explained that my assumption was that my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) had provided full Canadian equivalents of my post-secondary education and so could suffice as PEI recognized. She then explained that I had 5 extra points because of that. My score was 85 out of 100 as of February 19, 2019 draw when I was said to be the highest score and given an ITA. My confusion is: is having a job in PEI now a requirement like other provinces. Is it fair to have me wait another 6 months till November to apply again because of my erroneous assumption concerning PEI recognized post-secondary education? After all if they remove the 5 points it fetched me, is 80 out of 100 still not high and fair enough?? Why is the immigration suddenly becoming more difficult now than for those who have gone before me? How am I sure they will not come up with something else if I apply in November 2019? Is it worth wasting my CAD300??? Can someone kindly assist me with answers???? Thanks!

Sdabas

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi Folks,

My score is 80 and NOC code is 1241 what are the chances of getting NOI from PEI. Any hope!!