+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PAPER BASED SUBMISSIONS IN SEP, OCT, NOV 2020 ---- LET'S SHARE TIMELINES AND CONNECT HERE

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys.
I was nominated through Alberta (paper-based) - International Student Stream. Would anyone know I still need to submit my birth certificate ?
Also, can I use the online portal to apply for permanent residency ?

Thanks everyone :)
When I prepared for Federal application, the document list requires Birth Certificate as one of the compulsory document to be submitted. So in this case, I think you will need to provide a copy of it in advance before submitting to avoid file return. Hope this help

StudyMaster

Mar 5, 2019
Hi guys,
just received email from CIC about my file with text saying ..

"" We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address ""

Any one guess, why this email..... ??
Is any body else received this type of email.... ??

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address ""

It's an automated email, my guess is they have a process that looks at applications submitted over a certain timeframe and then sends an email out that says they're still working on it.

I've received them twice, hilariously on two applications that have been withdrawn - so it doesn't even make sense.

Maybe they need to hire some more SQL people.

Reactions: StudyMaster

imannoyed

Nov 2, 2021
I also received this email, a few minutes later they sent me a message, but I can't get to it because the portal is down. IRCC on Twitter said it was back up like half an hour ago, but it doesn't work for me.

Hi guys,

Reactions: StudyMaster

imannoyed

Nov 2, 2021
Well just because I posted that, the site is back up. It is the Pre-arrival letter. (Edit: I'm inland, why bother?)

I have been lurking for quite some time and you guys have all been very helpful, so just sharing my timeline:

AR 27/Nov/2020
AOR 06/Aug/2021
BIO done 09/Aug/2021
Ghost update 1 13/Sep/2021
Ghost update 2 01/Nov/2021
Portal 1 and PAL 02/Nov/2021

It's close I guess.

I also received this email, a few minutes later they sent me a message, but I can't get to it because the portal is down. IRCC on Twitter said it was back up like half an hour ago, but it doesn't work for me.

• Love
Reactions: soccer_007

rodrigolsct

May 6, 2020
When I prepared for Federal application, the document list requires Birth Certificate as one of the compulsory document to be submitted. So in this case, I think you will need to provide a copy of it in advance before submitting to avoid file return. Hope this help
Thanks for your response. I thought I did not need it as I have been in Canada for about 7 years. Does it needs to be translated ?

H@rdik Patel

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Well just because I posted that, the site is back up. It is the Pre-arrival letter. (Edit: I'm inland, why bother?)

I have been lurking for quite some time and you guys have all been very helpful, so just sharing my timeline:

AR 27/Nov/2020
AOR 06/Aug/2021
BIO done 09/Aug/2021

It's close I guess.
AR 27 nov
Bio+Aor 4 aug
Nothing after that

Van707

Sep 4, 2021

AR 27/Nov/2020
AOR 06/Aug/2021
BIO done 09/Aug/2021

It's close I guess.
Congratulations dude!
Did you skip the Medical and DM?

imannoyed

Nov 2, 2021
Congratulations dude!
Did you skip the Medical and DM?
Well I wouldn't say skip, I'm still waiting for the decision. I had medical done about 2 years ago, still unsure whether they're going to use that one. Does that make sense?

Or am I mistaken about what the PAL is? This message says "You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada." I just assumed that was PAL.