+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PAPER BASED SUBMISSIONS IN SEP, OCT, NOV 2020 ---- LET'S SHARE TIMELINES AND CONNECT HERE

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/10/27/new-immigration-minister-inherits-backlogs-migrant-worker-issues.html
New immigration minister inherits backlogs, migrant worker issues
By Alec Regino, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, New Canadian Media
Wed., Oct. 27, 2021

In a post-election shakeup that has seen Prime Minister Justin Trudeau overhaul his Cabinet with an assortment of new faces in key places, Nova Scotia MP Sean Fraser will now be leading the immigration portfolio.

Of the nine newly-minted members of Trudeau’s front bench, Fraser is slated to take the Citizenship, Refugees and Citizenship Canada department from outgoing minister Marco Mendicino, who served for a little under two years.

Mendicino will now be responsible for the Department of Public Safety. Under him, the government promised to welcome an unprecedented 400,000 immigrants to Canada per year from 2021 to 2023 to support long-term economic growth.

Fraser, whose name has been floated for cabinet positions in previous years, was first elected as the Member of Parliament for Central Nova in 2015. Prior to his appointment as minister, Fraser served as associate minister of finance and held a number of parliamentary secretary roles.

“I am humbled to have been appointed by (Prime Minister) Justin Trudeau to serve as the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship,” Fraser tweeted on Tuesday. “Immigration will remain a key pillar of Canada’s recover and I’m committed to ensuring that we continue to have the workers we need, where we need them.”

Fraser will be tasked with overseeing an IRCC that faces a number of key challenges exacerbated by the pandemic, namely the backlog of unprocessed immigration applications and pressing labour shortages across many sectors all over Canada.

Canada’s immigration system came to a standstill following the onset of COVID-19 in March 2020. While the IRCC has made efforts to continue processing applications online, many immigrants have been left in the dark, with many feeling frustrated due to a lack of communication, minimal updates, and long waiting times.

On Twitter, many individuals responded to the appointment of Minister Fraser by expressing hope that the cabinet shuffle will expedite longstanding immigration backlogs.

As of July 31, more than 748,000 people had a pending temporary residence application as students, workers, or visitors, close to 562,000 were waiting for permanent residence, and the backlog for citizenship was around 376,000, the Toronto Star reported.

A fresh face in the cabinet is also an opportunity for the Liberal government to address pre-existing labour issues for migrant workers.

The Migrant Workers Centre (MWC), a non-profit dedicated to advancing fair immigration policy and labour standards for migrant workers, penned a letter to Trudeau on Oct. 22 calling for a number of initiatives that would increase immigration to aid with economic recovery. These include calls to increase caps on the number of applications processed, phase out employer-specific work permits, and introduce increased protections for exploited workers.

Increasing permanent residency pathways are also “a simple way to increase Canada’s immigration numbers with those who have already been working in Canada and contributing to our country’s communities and economy.”

According to a survey conducted by Environics Institute in Sept. 2021, eight in 10 Canadians agree that immigration has a positive impact on the economy of Canada.

“It makes sense that we recognize the important contributions of migrant workers throughout this pandemic,” MWC staff lawyer Amanda Aziz says. “Canada’s economy has been supported by migrant labour. We’re hopeful that that recognition will continue and lead to some more significant changes in terms of better and fair immigration policy.”

Ag98

Oct 28, 2021
I have applied my paper based file on 16th November 2020 and my medical is also submitted upfront and I have still not got my file number nothing from IRCC
Does anyone have same situation??

Reactions: Mandeep107238

vishnulal

Jan 4, 2021
I don't want to be rude, but Why you just simply GOOGLE. Look I found the information on IRCC website. You can trace the processing time for PR cards.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
If we can google everything, what’s the point in making these threads … those time tracking on cic website are not accurate. It says 21 months to process Paper based pnp applications. But I got it in 10 months .So we can’t rely too much on what the website says .We all are here to share everybody’s personal experience. Not to google .

thambu10

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Submission of Paper Application Sydney (NS) - 10 Feb 2020
AOR - 7 Mar 2020
Biometrics Request 15 August 2020
Biometrics Completed 24 August 2020

Waiting for ADR....

9 Sept 2021 - Medical Request
11 Sept 2021 - Medicals done
28 Sept 2021 - Medicals Passed

4 OCT 2021 - ADR - Request to update valid passport of Spouse as it is expired in Records
7 OCT 2021 - Updated the passport

21 OCT 2021 - Status change in ECAS - Decision Made
21 OCT 2021 - PPR Email received requesting to process through VAC

24 OCT 2021 - Passport subimtted to Abu Dhabi VAC through VFS Kuwait
27 OCT 2021 - Passport received by IRCC Abu Dhabi
28 OCT 2021 - Approved and Decission Package sent Back to VFS Kuwait
28 OCT 2021 - GCKey Status change to Approved and Time line turned to Application Processed and completed.

With this my long journey came to an end, thanks to all the members of this group for their immense information sharing, I wish each and everyone all the very best.. one thing I learned is to trust in the Lord and remain calm ...

nick2182

Apr 16, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
15-07-2021
Med's Request
27-05-2021
I don't want to be rude, but Why you just simply GOOGLE. Look I found the information on IRCC website. You can trace the processing time for PR cards.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Why you are being bossy to the member of this forum?? does this forum belongs to you only?? are you the owner of this forum?? Whats wrong to ask such query to the forum members?? I have noticed that only and only you are the one who is doing this kind of bossy behaviour. Better you stop here. we are here to share our experience for this journey.

Aswer

Jan 10, 2019
If we can google everything, what’s the point in making these threads … those time tracking on cic website are not accurate. It says 21 months to process Paper based pnp applications. But I got it in 10 months .So we can’t rely too much on what the website says .We all are here to share everybody’s personal experience. Not to google .
if we do not know the answer or if we do not want tell, then we need to be silent. we should not tell other people to search google. here a lot of people some are very educated but some are not that much. i met a lady from Hyti she came hear as refugee I think but she cannot read. so we need to understand this and we need to respect each other. we should not tell them to go and google

Reactions: Moffo and Alalac

Aswer

Jan 10, 2019
Why you are being bossy to the member of this forum?? does this forum belongs to you only?? are you the owner of this forum?? Whats wrong to ask such query to the forum members?? I have noticed that only and only you are the one who is doing this kind of bossy behaviour. Better you stop here. we are here to share our experience for this journey.
I thik we shoudl respect each other. he is also doing a good work gathering and sharing them hear. but sometime he is naughty