+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Paper-based PR application and dependent open work permit

Ijswarna1

Jan 22, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for PNP paper-based PR (Inland) application with my spouse as dependent on August 2019 and received AOR and PAL. I have confirmed over-phone that I have passed the eligibility and criminal check. Now, I have few inquiries regarding my spouse open work permit application.

My spouse is living with me in Canada on visitor record. We want to apply for open work permit for my spouse under (are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence) this category.

*What are the chances of getting OWP under this categories?
*What are the PR related documents should I submit?
*If the OWP get refused, will that impact my PR application?

I need your opinion and experiences regarding this situation, Thank you.

manojsax

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
When I moved to Canada on work permit in Jan 2019, my employer hired me a lawyer. The lawyer suggested that my spouse get the open work permit (and my kids get the student permit). And thats what we did.
My spouse got the OWP in about 6 weeks time. There was no complication at all.
Honestly I do not know what exact documents are required. But I believe there is no extra paperwork that is needed. My spouse had IELTS score that was apparently not required. Also degrees and other proof was also perhaps not required either. Just the usual forms were filled.
There is plenty of info online or you may want to hire a lawyer.

Ijswarna1

Jan 22, 2020
When I moved to Canada on work permit in Jan 2019, my employer hired me a lawyer. The lawyer suggested that my spouse get the open work permit (and my kids get the student permit). And thats what we did.
My spouse got the OWP in about 6 weeks time. There was no complication at all.
Honestly I do not know what exact documents are required. But I believe there is no extra paperwork that is needed. My spouse had IELTS score that was apparently not required. Also degrees and other proof was also perhaps not required either. Just the usual forms were filled.
There is plenty of info online or you may want to hire a lawyer.
Thank you.