+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP: Paper-based economic class applications went digital

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Yes (I was the one who created this forum days after the portal was launched back in 2021).

I applied online on April 15th 2021.
Last month (2022) I got AOR (March, 25th), Medicals accepted (March 29th) and PAL today (April 13th).
Very interesting and promising. Almost a year to get the AOR. Maybe it would be even sooner with the online portal if not for Omicron in December/January. Thanks for the update.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Very interesting and promising. Almost a year to get the AOR. Maybe it would be even sooner with the online portal if not for Omicron in December/January. Thanks for the update.
Omicron has nothing to do with it. Everything is online and IRCC officers can access our files from work, home or a camping site. This stream should be much faster than paper-based. But it seems that paper-based route is now faster than all-mighty EXPRESS entry (fsw) stream

Reactions: lukeortolani

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
already 7 months passed, still waiting to receive AOR. hopefully receive within next 4-5 months as per current trend.
HI Sarkerj, I applied 9 months ago... still waiting. Please let me know when you get your.
I'll let you know! Regards,

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
15 months is the most I've seen someone wait for their AOR.

Do not be surprised if the AR to AOR timeline blows out to 24 months over the next while, IRCC has warned that PNP applications could take as long as 36 months to process due to the backlog.

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
8 months for me

rowland123

Nov 1, 2021
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. In the case of PNP for Non-Express Entry, if I don't receive AOR before the expiration of the nomination, do I need to reach out to the nominating province to extend the nomination or it doesn't really matter since I've already applied before the expiration. I applied online on December 16, 2021, and have yet to receive an AOR.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. In the case of PNP for Non-Express Entry, if I don't receive AOR before the expiration of the nomination, do I need to reach out to the nominating province to extend the nomination or it doesn't really matter since I've already applied before the expiration. I applied online on December 16, 2021, and have yet to receive an AOR.
You don't need to extend the nomination if you applied while the nomination certificate was valid.

Reactions: rowland123

Hope2022

Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone, I am a new member! Nice to meet you guys! I wish to receive your advice: I, inland, submitted my Non-express entry PNP on April 14, 2022 (online portal). Do you think my family and I should take a medical exam as soon as possible? Or we should wait until receiving AOR? Many thanks for your kind advice! I appreciate it very much!:)

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone, I am a new member! Nice to meet you guys! I wish to receive your advice: I, inland, submitted my Non-express entry PNP on April 14, 2022 (online portal). Do you think my family and I should take a medical exam as soon as possible? Or we should wait until receiving AOR? Many thanks for your kind advice! I appreciate it very much!:)
I'd suggest you wait - the medicals really are a non-issue (unless you actually have health problems) and don't really affect the time of the process too much.

However, they're only valid for a year. If you do it now, you risk having to pay to do it again depending on when you get your AOR and MR (Medical Request).