+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP: Paper-based economic class applications went digital

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Question if anyone can help me:

Received my Ontario nomination last month for the job offer: student stream. Applied for my PR since using the online portal.

However, my company is moving to new office next month and my hourly wage has increased. I contacted OINP and they said to send an updated job offer letter, two recent payslips and my current work permit so that they can send me an updated work permit support letter.

My question is does the PR application which I've submitted not have to be changed or updated with a new nomination certificate or approval letter? OINP didn't mention anything.
You don't have to do anything regarding the PR

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
That's great to hear but is it mentioned anywhere?
What I suggest is to call IRCC call Centre and get first hand authentic information. According to what I have read is that all changes to your job status must be sent to ircc if your application is in process including job changes or promotions. You will have to send the updated letter from province. Hope it helps.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
I contacted OINP and they didn't believe my PR application needed to be updated or that I needed a new nomination certificate. They said I just needed to update them to get an updated work permit support letter. However, I will send a web form to IRCC and update them of my job changes just to be safe.

Reactions: H06

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
I contacted OINP and they didn't believe my PR application needed to be updated or that I needed a new nomination certificate. They said I just needed to update them to get an updated work permit support letter. However, I will send a web form to IRCC and update them of my job changes just to be safe.
Being safe is the best thing to do in a situation like this. Web form is the way to go and you have documentary proof that you did tell them just in case when something goes wrong. Good luck with your application.

Reactions: lukeortolani

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hey guys,

Had two questions about applying for the two-year closed work permit. (My current PGWP expires December 2021)

I've already applied for my PR in July using the new online portal after getting my non-express entry PNP (employer job offer: student stream) from Ontario. But there is no receipt or anything as of yet which means it's likely not checked yet.
  1. As per the nomination approval letter, I have to provide a receipt or show that the PR application has been received in my closed work permit application. What do I do in this case?
  2. Can I still apply for a closed work permit even if I've submitted my PR application already?
For applying a closed work permit, it says:

> You're a provincial nominee who has not yet applied for permanent residence - You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you’re a provincial nominee who has:

Thanks in advance!

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Hey guys,

Had two questions about applying for the two-year closed work permit. (My current PGWP expires December 2021)

I've already applied for my PR in July using the new online portal after getting my non-express entry PNP (employer job offer: student stream) from Ontario. But there is no receipt or anything as of yet which means it's likely not checked yet.
  1. As per the nomination approval letter, I have to provide a receipt or show that the PR application has been received in my closed work permit application. What do I do in this case?
  2. Can I still apply for a closed work permit even if I've submitted my PR application already?
For applying a closed work permit, it says:

> You're a provincial nominee who has not yet applied for permanent residence - You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you’re a provincial nominee who has:

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest that you can wait for your AOR and apply for a BOWP. That way you would be free to join another job while you work for your current employer. It gives you more flexibility in terms of earning decent money. Just be mindful of the expiry of work permit support letter. Please apply for a employer specific work permit if you are nearing end of your PNP support letter. Your employer would have to apply for your work permit support on the portal and pay the employer compliance fee of 240 dollars. Hope it helps.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
I would suggest that you can wait for your AOR and apply for a BOWP. That way you would be free to join another job while you work for your current employer. It gives you more flexibility in terms of earning decent money. Just be mindful of the expiry of work permit support letter. Please apply for a employer specific work permit if you are nearing end of your PNP support letter. Your employer would have to apply for your work permit support on the portal and pay the employer compliance fee of 240 dollars. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I can apply for the BOWP as my employment has restrictions (PNP, can only work with one employer)? I misread the work permit support letter anyway. It says you only need an AOR for the PR application if your nomination letter is expired. So I should have no problem applying for the closed work permit.

Reactions: H06

Joizzy

Mar 28, 2019
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advice concerning pr paper based . I was nominated by SINP in June 2021 and I have submitted my application by courier to sydney in July. After sending my application I discovered new online portal for PNP paper based.
My question is do I still need to upload my documents via the new online?
Will my application be processed as I didn't use the new online portal?
Thank you for your advice.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advice concerning pr paper based . I was nominated by SINP in June 2021 and I have submitted my application by courier to sydney in July. After sending my application I discovered new online portal for PNP paper based.
My question is do I still need to upload my documents via the new online?
Will my application be processed as I didn't use the new online portal?
Thank you for your advice.
You can't submit courier and online at the same time. If you do, you application becomes complicated and it will be delayed. You have to go with the one you submitted through courier