+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Paper based application Submitted in February, March 2020 waiting for AOR join here

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
No it cannot be the reason for rejection. Maximum you should expect an ADR and then you can send it, if they ask for it. So don’t worry about it.
Did you attach original + translation + affidavit + certified copy of every document that is not in English?

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hey everyone! Need your help: for birth certificates and marriage certificate - if it is translated in my country, do I need to get affidavit and certified copy along with the original? I already sent my paper application and attached only copy of original and translation (no affidavit and no certified copy). Now I’m so worried! I can ask my translator from Ukraine to get affidavit, if I do so - will I be able to add it to my application still? Made stupid mistake and I’m so scared of being rejected :(
Only you need copy of the documents translated by certified translator on his letter head, then the translator attach document and translation and stamp them with his seal. His name, address and license number should appear of the letter head and stamp.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Only you need copy of the documents translated by certified translator on his letter head, then the translator attach document and translation and stamp them with his seal. His name, address and license number should appear of the letter head and stamp.
What you said is when translation is done by certified translator in Canada (all ATIO certified do that). But if it is done outside of Canada, then it should have affidavit as well. So now I’m confused if scan of original + translation + affidavit is enough or besides the scan of the original they also need certified copy... if I understood it correct. I’m not trying to prove anything, just sharing my thoughts so thank you for answering!

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
What you said is when translation is done by certified translator in Canada (all ATIO certified do that). But if it is done outside of Canada, then it should have affidavit as well. So now I’m confused if scan of original + translation + affidavit is enough or besides the scan of the original they also need certified copy... if I understood it correct. I’m not trying to prove anything, just sharing my thoughts so thank you for answering!
In fact I am outland applicant and my lawyer told me to do it this way, even I asked him if he need to testify them, he said no. However, it may differs from country to country !

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
In fact I am outland applicant and my lawyer told me to do it this way, even I asked him if he need to testify them, he said no. However, it may differs from country to country !
Oh I see! So basically you had 2 documents: translation + copy of original
In my case, I fall into “translation by non-certified translator” and IRCC website says I need to attach affidavit. If I get it now, do you think I still can add it to my documents? (I sent all paper work already to Sydney)

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Oh I see! So basically you had 2 documents: translation + copy of original
In my case, I fall into “translation by non-certified translator” and IRCC website says I need to attach affidavit. If I get it now, do you think I still can add it to my documents? (I sent all paper work already to Sydney)
So, you just wait AOR and prepare your missing document, once received AOR, you can send them by DHL directly to IRCC office with AOR copy. I think also you can include your police clearance certificates with same envelop if not sent before !

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
So, you just wait AOR and prepare your missing document, once received AOR, you can send them by DHL directly to IRCC office with AOR copy. I think also you can include your police clearance certificates with same envelop if not sent before !
Thank you! I sent police certificates and those were translated by ATIO since beginning so should be good. I got stuck with marriage certificate and birth certificates since they were translated in Ukraine. Thank you for all your replies!

Del34

Nov 3, 2020
After we get AOR and link our application can we send police certificates through webform or we should mail them agian?

imbarood

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
After we get AOR and link our application can we send police certificates through webform or we should mail them agian?
Once your get AOR link your application and if they request PCC they will provide you a tab with in your account to upload the requested document. You can also send them in advance through webform

sega3500c

Sep 24, 2020
Police certificates are optional for application, however CIC can request them if you haven't attached them. So after AOR you can try to send them by Web form before they ask for the ones. However If you have signed in your checklist that Police Certificates are present- read information at the top of checklist IMM 5690.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020
I got aor on feb 28,2020. Passed medical on april 4 2020, inland application. Visa office at sydney, Nova scotia. Biometrics on oct 6,2020. I called cic , they said eligibility is passed, security not startied and background chk/criminality in progress. Does anyone has any idea, Is covid restrictions affecting the time.

thambu10

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
My Time Line: (Indian living in Kuwait)

ITA: 2 OCT (SINP OID (No Job Offer) - NOC 2281
Submission: 28 Nov 2019
Nomination: 19 Dec 2019

Submission of Paper Application Sydney (NS) - 10 Feb 2020
AOR - 7 Mar 2020
Biometrics Request 15 August 2020
Biometrics Completed 24 August 2020

Waiting for ADR....