+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP or FSW?

raziiqbal

Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. I am having around 466 CRS. Yesterday I started creating an express entry profile for canadian immigration. It had one section where I had to chose territories. Now I am planning to apply for FSW, I was wondering should I still chose any territory from that section? What if I chose few territories from there, would I still be eligible for FSW? Finally which one is better and faster PNP or FSW?

Just to make it clear, I dont have any job offer, no relative in canada and no certificate from any province.

Looking forward to a kind response.

Thank you.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. I am having around 466 CRS. Yesterday I started creating an express entry profile for canadian immigration. It had one section where I had to chose territories. Now I am planning to apply for FSW, I was wondering should I still chose any territory from that section? What if I chose few territories from there, would I still be eligible for FSW? Finally which one is better and faster PNP or FSW?

Just to make it clear, I dont have any job offer, no relative in canada and no certificate from any province.

Looking forward to a kind response.

Thank you.
Hi raiiqbal, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure but, based on your question, you might be a bit confused about how the different streams, including FSW and PNP work.

To be clear though, one cannot apply through PNP unless he/she has a nomination certificate from a province - this is what makes one eligible for PNP (provincial NOMINATION programme). However, PNP candidates who apply under Express Entry still have to be eligible under either FSW, CEC, or FST.

FSW applies to all provinces except Quebec, so as long you chose any and all provinces, and not just Quebec, you would still be eligible for FSW (assuming you already met al other eligibility criteria under the FSW programme).

In general, FSW appears to be processed faster than PNP applicants, possibly because there has to be additional verification from the nominating province during processing. Most persons who have a high enough CRS Score (as you do) don't bother with PNP - persons usually only go the provincial nomination route if they need to increase their CRS Score to get an invitation, as it requires more time, documents, and money.

raziiqbal

Feb 16, 2017
Hi raiiqbal, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure but, based on your question, you might be a bit confused about how the different streams, including FSW and PNP work.

To be clear though, one cannot apply through PNP unless he/she has a nomination certificate from a province - this is what makes one eligible for PNP (provincial NOMINATION programme). However, PNP candidates who apply under Express Entry still have to be eligible under either FSW, CEC, or FST.

FSW applies to all provinces except Quebec, so as long you chose any and all provinces, and not just Quebec, you would still be eligible for FSW (assuming you already met al other eligibility criteria under the FSW programme).

In general, FSW appears to be processed faster than PNP applicants, possibly because there has to be additional verification from the nominating province during processing. Most persons who have a high enough CRS Score (as you do) don't bother with PNP - persons usually only go the provincial nomination route if they need to increase their CRS Score to get an invitation, as it requires more time, documents, and money.
Thanks for the prompt and to the point reply. It makes things clear to me now.

One more thing. How long would it take with that CRS score to get an ITA if I apply tomorrow. I mean what is the normal trend?

Sorry for my ignorance.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks for the prompt and to the point reply. It makes things clear to me now.

One more thing. How long would it take with that CRS score to get an ITA if I apply tomorrow. I mean what is the normal trend?

Sorry for my ignorance.
No worries; everyone starts out 'ignorant'. We're all here to help.

Draws occur, typically, 1 to 3 weeks apart, usually on Wednesdays. The last Draw was this past Wednesday (the 15th), so another draw is likely to happen on the 22nd, 29th, or Dec 6th (my bet would be on the 29th, but as the year is drawing to an end, it could very well be the 22nd). The CRS 'cut-off' score in the last Draw was 439 so, assuming this trend continues, if you submit your EE profile tomorrow, a score of 466 should result in an ITA by the next draw.

If the cut-off score goes as high as 466 (although this seems unlikely to me), IRCC may need to use a tie-breaker (if they can't issue an ITA to every single candidate with a score of 466) in which case, the candidates who submitted their profiles earlier will get the ITAs, so it would behoove you to submit your profile as soon as possible.

raziiqbal

Feb 16, 2017
Draws occur, typically, 1 to 3 weeks apart, usually on Wednesdays. The last Draw was this past Wednesday (the 15th), so another draw is likely to happen on the 22nd, 29th, or Dec 6th (my bet would be on the 29th, but as the year is drawing to an end, it could very well be the 22nd). The CRS 'cut-off' score in the last Draw was 439 so, assuming this trend continues, if you submit your EE profile tomorrow, a score of 466 should result in an ITA by the next draw.
Awesome. Appreciate your prompt responses and accurate information. Thank you.