+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP or EE

rohitgarg88

Jun 7, 2017
India
Hi Forum Users,

Really need your help to settle an argument between me and my wife..

Actually we have submitted our profiles (2 separate profiles, one for me and one for my wife)... my crs score is 384 and my wife's is 434 ...

Thing is i got an invitation from ontario (pnp) and if i apply and if gets picked then it can really boost my chances in Express Entry...

Now i wud like ur advise if i shall apply for OINP or shud just rely on wife's EE profile which is having a pretty decent crs score of 434...

My opinion is that we should wait and rely on my wife's EE profile instead of hurrying for OINP..

Considering the non refundable cost of around 75k wud u suggest we shall apply for OINP or just try our luck through EE...

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate any advise in this regard.

Last edited:

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Wait for a senior member to reply
But IMO, apply with your wife's scores. It will most probably come down to 430 soon.
In case of OINP, it will take you a lot of time to get everything done. One of my best friend applied via OINP and it took him around 11 months to get approved for OINP and after that, he applied in EE for PR in beginning of March and is still waiting for their response.
If you directly apply via EE CEC, then it takes around 3 months to get approved. Both of you will get it at the same time.
Please make clear under what category your wife is applying?

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oinp has temporarily halted intake for its hcp stream. So even if you wanted to, you wouldnt be able to apply until they reopen the stream. With ur wife's crs, you should get an ita in next 2 draws. Btw, u r not allowed to have 2 profiles. If cic finds out, you could get in trouble.

rohitgarg88

Jun 7, 2017
India
Wait for a senior member to reply
But IMO, apply with your wife's scores. It will most probably come down to 430 soon.
In case of OINP, it will take you a lot of time to get everything done. One of my best friend applied via OINP and it took him around 11 months to get approved for OINP and after that, he applied in EE for PR in beginning of March and is still waiting for their response.
If you directly apply via EE CEC, then it takes around 3 months to get approved. Both of you will get it at the same time.
Please make clear under what category your wife is applying?
Thanks a lot for ur prompt response :)

rohitgarg88

Jun 7, 2017
India
Oinp has temporarily halted intake for its hcp stream. So even if you wanted to, you wouldnt be able to apply until they reopen the stream. With ur wife's crs, you should get an ita in next 2 draws. Btw, u r not allowed to have 2 profiles. If cic finds out, you could get in trouble.
Thanks a ton !! Will withdraw one application soon..

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
PNP are required to stay and work in the province which has nominated them. There is no legal binding but because of the intent of staying in the province which they had shown at the time of filling of application there movement is restricted to that one province when it comes to work.
However, in case of EE one is free to work in any province except Quebec.
So, if you have a choice go in for EE.

Reactions: rohitgarg88

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to go through EE together. Your application will be approved faster, you can land at the same time, you have more mobility rights, and it's cheaper.

Reactions: rohitgarg88