+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP or CEC?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
I had received my three years PGWP in nov 2011 and expires in nov 2014, I had worked for a company for almost a yr and jst in the last month i had personal issues with employer and he had refused to do PNP or even give me a letter for CEC. I left that job and looked for something else and after few months i have finally found a contract job in the bank and m starting oct 25th this month , i am wondering if i continue this for one year how will it work then? can i still apply for my PGWP or should i ask my current employer to do PNP? If i do apply by nov 2014, how do i extend my work permit until a decision is made? and when do i need to extend the PGWP? what is LMO and AOR i read some threads but have no clue what these terms are and how they work for extending PGWP? what would u suggest what are my options basically? Please kindly advice

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
maria_786 said:
I had received my three years PGWP in nov 2011 and expires in nov 2014, I had worked for a company for almost a yr and jst in the last month i had personal issues with employer and he had refused to do PNP or even give me a letter for CEC.
it happens, I understand when employer some time act as idiots don't give reference letters ...

I left that job and looked for something else and after few months i have finally found a contract job in the bank and m starting oct 25th this month , i am wondering if i continue this for one year how will it work then? can i still apply for my PGWP or should i ask my current employer to do PNP?

u can try applying without a letter, explain why u didn't get the letter support hours with pay stubs NOA if rejected apply again once ur done in a year with this job...it's about risking money. Pnp rules differ with provinces, so check online

If i do apply by nov 2014, how do i extend my work permit until a decision is made? and when do i need to extend the PGWP? what is LMO and AOR i read some threads but have no clue what these terms are and how they work for extending PGWP? what would u suggest what are my options basically? Please kindly advice
right now u don't need LMO and AOR is acknowledgement of recipt after applying for PR , use search u will find lot of information. Best bet is apply under both pnp n CEC . Try searching BOWP which is a work permit you will have to apply 4 month before your PGWP expires but u need to have AOR, I can provide more information if u can tell me which province ur located

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to make sure that the bank job is skilled, otherwise you are wasting your time.

An LMO is a labour market opinion and that is something that an employer must apply for in order to hire a foreigner in Canada. With an LMO, you can apply for a work permit. In order to get the LMO, the employer would have to advertise your job and show that they had no qualified Canadian applicants.

There are however other ways to get a work permit. If the employer sponsors you for PNP immigration and you apply for your nomination and get it, the PNP can write a letter so that you can get a work permit without the LMO. Another way is if you work for a year and then apply under CEC, after you get your first stage approval, you could apply for a bridging work permit as long as your existing work permit is still valid. However, if it's expiring in Nov. 2014 and the first you can apply under CEC is Oct. 2014, you would not have your AOR yet before your PGWP expires so you would need either an LMO or get the employer to apply for you under PNP.

user7866

Dec 4, 2012
Im in ottawa, ontario and i dont think i can do under PNP bcz i have been out of skoll/ graduated in oct 2011 and if u had been geaduated more then 2 yrs u cant under apply PNP, someone had tpld me? And the job is skilled enough, financial service coordinator, im jst wondering after 1 yr when i apply my work.permit will be expired so how di i extend it? Will.i need a letter from yhe employer again? N do i need an AOR to get an LMO?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In ON, you can no longer apply under international student class because it has been more than 2 yrs. since you graduated but you may be able to apply under skilled worker class, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPWORKERS_APPLY.html#_qualify

As for LMO, I repeat my answer again: "An LMO is a labour market opinion and that is something that an employer must apply for in order to hire a foreigner in Canada. With an LMO, you can apply for a work permit. In order to get the LMO, the employer would have to advertise your job and show that they had no qualified Canadian applicants."

So as I also said in my last reply, if you qualify to apply for CEC in Oct. 2014 and you do but your work permit is expiring in November, it is unlikely that you will already get an AOR from CIC for your CEC application before your work permit expires and therefore you would not be able to apply for a bridging work permit. Therefore, you should ask the employer about 4 months before your work permit expires to apply for an LMO for you. If the employer gets it, you can use it to apply for a new work permit. If the employers LMO is denied, you will have to hope that you get your AOR in time to apply for a bridging work permit. Otherwise, you will have to stop working when your work permit expires and go home. Your CEC application will however continue to get processed and you should have your PR in late 2015.

AB172234

Oct 5, 2013
If you apply for CEC you will have to qualify for minimum one year of experience and if your term with current employer is not for than 1 year then they will not proceed your case.

Make sure that the employment letter you get from your current employer states it clearly that you have worked 38.5-40 hours per week and describes all Roles and responsibilities. Also those roles and responsibilities should be in Sync with your NOC code.

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
N do i need an AOR to get an LMO?
No: When people refer to "getting an AOR," on this forum, they just meant that they got confirmation from the government that their application package was received. AOR stands for Acknowledgement Of Receipt.

You get an LMO from your employer. The Labor Market Opinion is acquired by your employer, and then your employer shares a copy of it with you. It is the employer's responsibility to get this to justify hiring us foreigners!