+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP-Ontario In Demand Skills, Question about median wage requirements?

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys,

So my question is regarding median wage. For In Demand Skills-Ontario, they want that your wage is median or higher for your profession NOC code and area you live in. For my profession median wage is 15,78. I am working now for 14,50 per hour. But I just started the job and I can negotiate for higher hourly rate in the next couple of months.

My question is, did any of you guys who applied through this stream had any problems if your wage was lower than median wage? Did you still got nomination from Ontario and PR later on or were you refused?

Thank you for your answers.

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hi guys,

So my question is regarding median wage. For In Demand Skills-Ontario, they want that your wage is median or higher for your profession NOC code and area you live in. For my profession median wage is 15,78. I am working now for 14,50 per hour. But I just started the job and I can negotiate for higher hourly rate in the next couple of months.

My question is, did any of you guys who applied through this stream had any problems if your wage was lower than median wage? Did you still got nomination from Ontario and PR later on or were you refused?

Thank you for your answers.
Hi
I think the median wage has to be in the job offer, so you could arrange that in the future...
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think the median wage has to be in the job offer, so you could arrange that in the future...
Regards
The median wage is to make sure that people are being enployed at the same rates as other Canadian and thr employers are not hiring because they are paying a lot less for a person without permanent status in Canada.