+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP) Can I change job?

LastRave

May 26, 2019
First time posting here. Please let me know if I did anything wrong ;).

Here is my timeline:
-Graduated from an Ontario university (bachelor degree) in 2017.08 (status = study permit)
-Doing my first job from 2017.12 until now (status = PGWP)
-Got OINP approved in early 2019
-Send PNP application (PR) by mail on 2019.04.01 (yes I sent it on Fools Day :))
-Got CIC email with application number on 2019.05.14 (and I have linked my online profile with it)

My OINP details:
-Employer Job Offer Stream (International Students)
-Yes, restricted to the Ontario employer - <EmployerName>

Right now I wish to be able to change my job due to much better payment but I am not sure if this will affect my PR application.

I understand that if I changed my job I will lose my OINP status but I am not sure if this matter since IRCC has already created my application.
According to my OINP, "IRCC must receive your complete application before the nomination certificate expiry date of July 31, 2019".
My understanding of this is that my OINP will become invalid after July 2019 no matter whether I still working for the same employer or not.
Based on this, logically that implies I am supposed to make sure the IRCC receive my OINP while it is still valid.
Since it is impossible for the PNP process to be completed before July 2019, it makes me believe that the IRCC does not require my OINP status to remain valid during their process.

Will changing employer affect my PR application? Is there anyone has been dealing with a similar situation before?

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
First time posting here. Please let me know if I did anything wrong ;).

Here is my timeline:
-Graduated from an Ontario university (bachelor degree) in 2017.08 (status = study permit)
-Doing my first job from 2017.12 until now (status = PGWP)
-Got OINP approved in early 2019
-Send PNP application (PR) by mail on 2019.04.01 (yes I sent it on Fools Day :))
-Got CIC email with application number on 2019.05.14 (and I have linked my online profile with it)

My OINP details:
-Employer Job Offer Stream (International Students)
-Yes, restricted to the Ontario employer - <EmployerName>

Right now I wish to be able to change my job due to much better payment but I am not sure if this will affect my PR application.

I understand that if I changed my job I will lose my OINP status but I am not sure if this matter since IRCC has already created my application.
According to my OINP, "IRCC must receive your complete application before the nomination certificate expiry date of July 31, 2019".
My understanding of this is that my OINP will become invalid after July 2019 no matter whether I still working for the same employer or not.
Based on this, logically that implies I am supposed to make sure the IRCC receive my OINP while it is still valid.
Since it is impossible for the PNP process to be completed before July 2019, it makes me believe that the IRCC does not require my OINP status to remain valid during their process.

Will changing employer affect my PR application? Is there anyone has been dealing with a similar situation before?
Hi, what is result?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
@LastRave Any update on what did you do ? Or what did you find out? I have the exact same question.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Hey! I got nominated under OINP Student stream (have employment restrictions and nomination for NOC B). Can you please advise what will happen in the following:
1) I will accept promotion from the same employer (this will change my NOC from B to A) - the change of NOC will cancel nomination and I will have to submit all info all over again?
2) I will not accept promotion, so still will be NOC B, same employer - but will be moved to another branch within the same company (still in GTA)

Either or I have to inform OINP and IRCC.
In 1st case - most likely nomination cancellation?
In 2nd case - is it safe to change working location? (again, same employer and all terms of contract, only different branch)

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hey! I got nominated under OINP Student stream (have employment restrictions and nomination for NOC B). Can you please advise what will happen in the following:
1) I will accept promotion from the same employer (this will change my NOC from B to A) - the change of NOC will cancel nomination and I will have to submit all info all over again?
2) I will not accept promotion, so still will be NOC B, same employer - but will be moved to another branch within the same company (still in GTA)

Either or I have to inform OINP and IRCC.
In 1st case - most likely nomination cancellation?
In 2nd case - is it safe to change working location? (again, same employer and all terms of contract, only different branch)
Both should be fine I guess. Please write to OINP and check if you can make this move. If they say ok, then actually make the move and they will give you new nomination letter and work permit support letter. Apply for WP again with that letter (even if you already have one).

Nimesh Lad

Dec 20, 2019
Hello friends
Hope you are doing well,

My question is I received a NOI on 29 September in a skill trade stream now the thing is i got an another better job offer with the same NOC code. So is it okay to change a job or i need to stay in a current job until my OINP application process completed??
I have already completed one year of experience in current job which is the requirement of the stream.

and I didn’t submit an application yet.

If you have you any information related to it, please let me know!

thank you!

ss vasanth

Nov 11, 2018
Hello all,

My PGWP expired in Feb last week. On Jan 11, skilled trade EE draw, I got invitation for machinist job. It’s in the process.

Now, I got LMIA. But, in different field (Management position in Tim’s )

LMIA also in process, once it’s approved CRS will be 410 to 460.

Will this make any affects on my OINP process..!?

Kindly please advise me if you have any idea .

If you have official web likes regarding this query please share it.

Much appreciated for your time and concern.