+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - non express - from new online portal

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I applied got OINP PNP ( International student stream ) approved and applied under the non express entry pr portal. I linked it to my GC key and did my biometrics in December 2023. I got medical results passed last month Jan 2024. Still waiting to hear back for background info( it shows we are reviewing the additional documents you have provided) . Anyone has any idea how long does this process take to complete.
My work permit expires in September 2024. I am not sure if I will be good before September 2024 or if I need to take any additional steps before my work permit expires to continue to maintain my status
Just wait for few more months and if you didn’t heard anything till Mid July, then apply for BOWP . Make sure you don’t have any employer restrictions on your nomination letter.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi Everyone,

I applied got OINP PNP ( International student stream ) approved and applied under the non express entry pr portal. I linked it to my GC key and did my biometrics in December 2023. I got medical results passed last month Jan 2024. Still waiting to hear back for background info( it shows we are reviewing the additional documents you have provided) . Anyone has any idea how long does this process take to complete.
My work permit expires in September 2024. I am not sure if I will be good before September 2024 or if I need to take any additional steps before my work permit expires to continue to maintain my status
Your OINP JOIS is an employer-restricted PNP nomination. Your nomination certificate comes with WPSL, which you can use to apply for a closed work permit. If your nomination certificate is past 6 months, email Ontario Immigration for an extension of your WPSL.

tushararora01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Your OINP JOIS is an employer-restricted PNP nomination. Your nomination certificate comes with WPSL, which you can use to apply for a closed work permit. If your nomination certificate is past 6 months, email Ontario Immigration for an extension of your WPSL.
Thanks for this info. I was not sure if oinp will send another WPSL as the previous one has been expired.
should I send the email now or 2-3 months before my work permit expires.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Reactions: rcincanada2019

ksamj

Nov 6, 2023
So If I have already an open work permit and it will expire after almost 2 years. Do I have to change it to a closed work permit to process my pr application or this is an optional thing to do if I need it?? I

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So If I have already an open work permit and it will expire after almost 2 years. Do I have to change it to a closed work permit to process my pr application or this is an optional thing to do if I need it?? I
No you don’t need to change your work permit.

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
hello there, please help. i submitted my MPNP - PR application on January 17, 2024 and my work permit expires in May 2024. i havent gotten my AOR. should i send a webform to ask for my application number and can I use this application number to apply for BOWP?

Could you let me know other ways to extend my work permit?

fmuntasir

Mar 28, 2024
Hello everyone, I submitted my PR application back in 31st December, 2023. Yesterday, I got an email from IRCC which states that they had returned my application due to a missing form. I filled it up and resubmitted again. So will I have to wait again like the first time to receive my AOR? I think they opened my application after 3 months of my initial application. So will have to wait for same amount of time to get any response? Anyone in the same boat?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I submitted my PR application back in 31st December, 2023. Yesterday, I got an email from IRCC which states that they had returned my application due to a missing form. I filled it up and resubmitted again. So will I have to wait again like the first time to receive my AOR? I think they opened my application after 3 months of my initial application. So will have to wait for same amount of time to get any response? Anyone in the same boat?
Your application will go back to queue again and processing time will start from scratch.