+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - Manitoba Student stream

warhound

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Hey guys, Ive been hearing lots of conflicting news regarding changes this year (april 2013) to PNP - Manitoba for the student stream

for PNP, you have to work a minimum 6 months in manitoba and file for your PR. The provincial process takes 3 months after you file and the federal process another 6 months or so.

In case you graduate from a 1 year college, you only get 1 year work visa. What happens if:

1) You only find a job after 7 months. If you have 5 months remaining, you cannot complete the process of working for 6 months.. Can your employer extend your visa ? How and what process, under what category?
2) You find a job after 5 months, in your 11th month you file for manitoba PNP, It takes 3 months for the approval to come. After 12th month (which is 1 month after you file) you are not eligible to work, but you do not hear from manitoba PNP for another 2 months.. how do you continue working and what is your status ?
3) Can you return to college in case your manitoba PNP gets rejected for any reason, or you are unable to find a employer after a work permit is issued to you ? Will you get a second work permit after you graduate from the college a second time ?

Thanks

k_srini25

Jul 31, 2014
Guys to update you all my PR visa status after incorrect PR stamping they told me to redo medical and submit which I did and then after wait of 6 months they have rejected my PR saying I don't have enough funds but I have 3 times more funds in my account since 2 years. ... surprised how much injustice they could do. Very sad.