PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
They contacted me and told me that and i also checked on gcms notes
Are you inland? If you are inland, it's a totally new way for them to handle application process and looks strange. If you are outland applicant, than it's fine. Just submit documents, it's a standard procedure.

singha5612

Feb 21, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Are you inland? If you are inland, it's a totally new way for them to handle application process and looks strange. If you are outland applicant, than it's fine. Just submit documents, it's a standard procedure.
Been in canada for over 6 years

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Cic send my application to local visa office and they requested for schedule a and some other documents is it a good sign or bad sign? Its close to 19 months already
I have seen in previous threads that people get request for updated schedule A. After submission they get PPR in few days.but never heard about cic giving a call to applicant. They do give call to employer sometimes to confirm you are still working there.
I wish this is a good sign for you and you get PPR soon

Hope81

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
I have seen in previous threads that people get request for updated schedule A. After submission they get PPR in few days.but never heard about cic giving a call to applicant. They do give call to employer sometimes to confirm you are still working there.
I think it's a case to case basis.
After I passed my medical, eligibility and criminality April 24
They requested updated scheduled A
On April 25
And I received pre arrival as well
On April 25

But it's been almost 7 months since medical passed (April 2)
And already 14 months from date application received. But still no updates. No PPR

Btw my employer also got a call from cic
Last May 25. Checking if I'm still working. But they never call me.

Last edited:

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I think it's a case to case basis.
After I passed my medical, eligibility and criminality April 24
They requested updated scheduled A
On April 25
And I received pre arrival as well
On April 25

But it's been almost 7 months since medical passed (April 2)
And already 14 months from date application received. But still no updates. No PPR

Btw my employer also got a call from cic
Last May 25. Checking if I'm still working. But they never call me.
That's correct too. It totally differs from case to case.
But asking Updated schedule A at that early time in your case is a part of BG-1 (that's what people call as 1st stage of back ground check) but getting it at this last stage when you have already passed medicals is I think a part of BG-2. That's what I think.

What is your timeline? @singha5612 is an April applicant. So close to 19 months for him.

davidfore

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
usually when they ask for updated schedule a, it means they start your background check ;)

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
usually when they ask for updated schedule a, it means they start your background check ;)
No that does not sound fair. For 80% people they don't ask for updated schedule A, so when does it start for them? We submit the schedule A with our applications, so immigration officers usually go with that, and when the processing takes longer for some reason or they have some doubts or just because they want it, they send requests for updated to see if there have been any changes in your status (marital/job/whatever) and that happens during/end of background check.
I am not able to recall the names of people who got updated schedule requests, but there were many in May-June applicants.

But again, either of us may be correct or nobody, lol, but best wishes for this guy who got the request :)

Reactions: davidfore

Hope81

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
That's correct too. It totally differs from case to case.
But asking Updated schedule A at that early time in your case is a part of BG-1 (that's what people call as 1st stage of back ground check) but getting it at this last stage when you have already passed medicals is I think a part of BG-2. That's what I think.

What is your timeline? @singha5612 is an April applicant. So close to 19 months for him.
Sept 11,2017
AOR oct 11,2017
Called cic yesterday. Agent said my file is in good. Completing the last part of security
Processing time is 19 months
She said.

My file was in ready for PS since April 24,2018
My medical expire on April 6,2019
My 19 months is on April 11,2019

Huh 5 more months
Hope they issue my PPR :)

Last edited:

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Sept 11,2017
AOR oct 11,2017
Called cic yesterday. Agent said my file is in good. Completing the last part of security
Processing time is 19 months
She said.

My file was in ready for PS since April 24,2017
My medical expire on April 6,2019
My 19 months is on April 11,2019

Huh 5 more months
Hope they issue my PPR :)
Or may be just 2 months :) Since they are almost working on last few July applicants (But no PPR for us yet too)
So hope for the best buddy!

Reactions: Hope81