+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Inland paper based - AOR Jan/Feb/March 2018 - Waiting for MR

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
File received: march 8th 2018
AOR: March 27th 2018
Nothing after that, here's my information in my GCKey

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Hoping some updates soon!!!

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks for the info.

Btw, which pnp program did you apply for ?

I’m on postgraduate program. Got no updates since March 12th.2018 AOR.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
I need to share my story to help others who might find it useful. This is for BC pnp paper-based-inland application.

I got my invitation to apply (confirmation of nomination) on March 6th, 2018.

Finally got all my documents together and sent in my application May 9th, 2018 or sometime later.

After about 2 months, sometime in July. I called the cic office and was told by the agent that my application is being sent back to me because I omitted a signature.

This was a major setback, as I had exceeded my 3 years of post-grad work permit (Don’t ask how). Will not go into irrelevant details, but I mentioned that to show my level of desperation and frustration at the time.

Long story short, I received my application in a couple of days with a sign here sticker beside the required area to sign. It was signed and sent back faster than ASAP.

On August 10th, a day to my dad’s birthday , they received my application.

August 19th was when I got my AOR.

It stated that they started processing my application on September 18th.

On October 11th, they requested for my medical, employer reference letter, offer of employment dated 2018 and additional family information which I sent faster than asap again.

My medical was booked, done and uploaded within 2 weeks. Along with other required documents. I ensured I uploaded all my document simultaneously to avoid delay.

On November 21th or thereabout, they said my medical has been received and my CIC account changed to passed medical after a couple of days.

At the beginning of December, can’t recall the exact date; my online-service account changed from processing or in progress to decision made but my actual CIC account remains as medial passed only.

I was excited, confused and scared at the same time, trust me, the struggle is real out here.

I called the office after some days of high blood pressure, took awhile but finally got through sometime in the afternoon after trying in the early hours of the morning. The agent asked some security questions and checked my file.

He mentioned I have passed my medical which was no surprise but went further to inform me that I also passed every other check as far as he can see but cannot say the next step.

Given my application is way off the 19-month average, they might decide to delay my passport request, or they might not.

So that all I have for now, I guess my final waiting games has started

-Hope this gives someone else peace of mind cos I hate writing and ended up writing a page!
your AOR is August 2018 ??!! My AOR is March 2018, but I still not got the MR yet. does that mean cic has not yet started anything ???

Hassan267

Feb 27, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
I need to share my story to help others who might find it useful. This is for BC pnp paper-based-inland application.

I got my invitation to apply (confirmation of nomination) on March 6th, 2018.

Finally got all my documents together and sent in my application May 9th, 2018 or sometime later.

After about 2 months, sometime in July. I called the cic office and was told by the agent that my application is being sent back to me because I omitted a signature.

This was a major setback, as I had exceeded my 3 years of post-grad work permit (Don’t ask how). Will not go into irrelevant details, but I mentioned that to show my level of desperation and frustration at the time.

Long story short, I received my application in a couple of days with a sign here sticker beside the required area to sign. It was signed and sent back faster than ASAP.

On August 10th, a day to my dad’s birthday , they received my application.

August 19th was when I got my AOR.

It stated that they started processing my application on September 18th.

On October 11th, they requested for my medical, employer reference letter, offer of employment dated 2018 and additional family information which I sent faster than asap again.

My medical was booked, done and uploaded within 2 weeks. Along with other required documents. I ensured I uploaded all my document simultaneously to avoid delay.

On November 21th or thereabout, they said my medical has been received and my CIC account changed to passed medical after a couple of days.

At the beginning of December, can’t recall the exact date; my online-service account changed from processing or in progress to decision made but my actual CIC account remains as medial passed only.

I was excited, confused and scared at the same time, trust me, the struggle is real out here.

I called the office after some days of high blood pressure, took awhile but finally got through sometime in the afternoon after trying in the early hours of the morning. The agent asked some security questions and checked my file.

He mentioned I have passed my medical which was no surprise but went further to inform me that I also passed every other check as far as he can see but cannot say the next step.

Given my application is way off the 19-month average, they might decide to delay my passport request, or they might not.

So that all I have for now, I guess my final waiting games has started

-Hope this gives someone else peace of mind cos I hate writing and ended up writing a page!
Hello,
Have you heard anything so far

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
The webform submitted replied this morning: "The initial assessment of your application is currently in process. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary."

Last edited:

lucamayman

Apr 20, 2017

You got AOR super quick in 20 days, and then no MR. Wish there was a way to know how CIC works.

John Elaine

May 23, 2017
app rec: nov 27,2017
aor: jan 25,2018
adr& rprf: nov 6,2018
me:feb 5,2019
medical done: feb 12,2019
mp:feb.17,2019
feb 20,2019 got a call from ircc
DM: feb 21,2019
Congratulations! What does the DM say? More paper-work/procedures or everything done?

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
You are not alone..AOR March 21,2018 and nothing after that
thank you buddy.
It seems we both are from East Asian. Haha.
I believe the MR will either at end of March or early April

Btw, which pnp category do you belong to? I’m intl postgrads.

LiliChung

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
thank you buddy.
It seems we both are from East Asian. Haha.
I believe the MR will either at end of March or early April

Btw, which pnp category do you belong to? I’m intl postgrads.
I’m AINP in skilled worker stream
Let’s keep our fingers crossed

Reactions: thomashoo