+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP in process but work permit is expiring and the nomination letter expired 6 months ago

Mar 27, 2023
Hello.
I need some help.
My co-worker received a nomination in March 2022. He applied for PR in July.
The nomination letter has expired since September 2022. But now his work permit is due to expire next week.
Can he apply for a work permit extension using the expired nomination letter?
What should he do to renew his work permit?
Thank you very much for your help.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello.
I need some help.
My co-worker received a nomination in March 2022. He applied for PR in July.
The nomination letter has expired since September 2022. But now his work permit is due to expire next week.
Can he apply for a work permit extension using the expired nomination letter?
What should he do to renew his work permit?
Thank you very much for your help.
Yes he can apply for Bridging open work permit with help of AOR only if there is no employment restriction on his nomination certificate. If there is restriction he have to request new work permit support letter from PNP office and apply closed work permit. So all depends.

Reactions: CommunityHelper
Mar 27, 2023
Yes he can apply for Bridging open work permit with help of AOR only if there is no employment restriction on his nomination certificate. If there is restriction he have to request new work permit support letter from PNP office and apply closed work permit. So all depends.
Thank you for your input.
He checked and there is no restriction on the nomination letter.
So the AOR and the expired nomination will suffice?
Should the employer pay for the 230 usually required for LMIA exempt Work Permit or no need?
Thanks again.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your input.
He checked and there is no restriction on the nomination letter.
So the AOR and the expired nomination will suffice?
Should the employer pay for the 230 usually required for LMIA exempt Work Permit or no need?
Thanks again.
Yes AOR is sufficient for applying for open work permit. No you don’t need to pay compliance fees . It’s only if you are applying closed work permit.

Reactions: CommunityHelper
Mar 27, 2023
Yes AOR is sufficient for applying for open work permit. No you don’t need to pay compliance fees . It’s only if you are applying closed work permit.
Oh I see.
So AOR and old nomination are good enough?
By the way is it for any work permit after getting nominated or only when the nomination is expired.
You seem very knowledgeable and very kind.
Thank you again.