+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - Implied Status query

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
Hi guys,

Just searched the forums and found some great infomation regarding implied status and PNP process I just have a few more personalised queries that I am hoping anybody has some answers/feedback on.

My current status : Working Holiday Visa 2 year expires Mid Dec 2014
Nationality : Australian
My situation : Working full time in BC for a company who is willing to sponsor me under the PNP program we have spoken with an immigration lawyer and this is the program that best suits me.
Application for PNP : Will be tomorrow (22th Sept 2014)

Issue : It looks as if there may be a gap between the approval from CIC and the end of my working Visa.

My company and myself are really looking into the best option here and hoping somebody can shed some light possibly point me in the right direction.

Thanking you all in advance.

Brett - aka one stressed out individual :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You won't get implied status because you hold an IEC. The IEC is the one work permit type that does not benefit from implied status.

If you want to work past the expiry of your IEC, you must have a new approved work permit in hand by the day your IEC expires.

Sorry... Again, this is specific to IECs.

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
ohhhh boy this is less than ideal!

So basically I apply wait until I recieve the ok re the PNP which takes "xyz" months. I know that if you apply through CEC avenue there is an option for an open bridging visa. Is this something that is available through the PNP route as well?

if all else fails it might be time to head home for a little visit while I wait for word!