+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP for Tech NOCs (2171,2172,2173,2174,2715)

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Hi friends, I need your immediate (as I have to submit application against ITA) expert answer for my sister's case on the following questions please:

1. 2172 is regulated NOC for SINP or not? If Yes who is the regulated body APEGS or CIPS or AITP, or SIP or ITCP.

2. Basically my sister has Degree of Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in "Computer & Information Systems" and Degree of Master of Engineering in "Computer Systems". Should she get registration with APEGS or CIPS or AITP, SIP or ITCP?

3. As per my understanding as she is engineer so she must be registered through APEGS but she had applied in SINP through NOC 2174 (as she has work experience in all three NOCs 2172, 2173 & 2174) and had got ITA from SINP but I am now confused if SINP will say that you must be registered with CIPS not with AEPGS, as her case for licensure with APEGS is already in progress. please advise should she also go for registration with CIPS?

4. If she proceed as software engineer with NOC 2173 (for which registration with APEGS is required, see below link), then you know SINP will not nominate for NOC 2173 and If she proceed for NOC 2174 or 2172 (which SINP are nominating), I have apprehension that SINP will reject my sister case with reason that she should be registered with CIPS, please advise me I am much confused.

Be informed, she has got ITA against NOC 2174 from SINP now we have to submit the application.

This below link clearing showing if you are Software Engineer (NOC 2173,) then you need to be registered with APEG and for NOCs 2174 & 2175 you must be registered with CIPS.

Really I am looking for your expert prompt reply, thanks in advance.

https://pubsaskdev.blob.core.windows.net/pubsask-prod/113852/SINP%2BRequirements%2BRelated%2Bto%2BProfessional%2BStatus%2Bor%2BLicensure%2B%28September%2B26%2B2019%29.pdf

Dear Friends, looking your experts views for my this concern to finalize my case, thanks

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......

azeem2033

Nov 30, 2019
Hello All,

For SINP NOC 2171 is not showing up since Nov-2019 draws , What are chances they will choose NOC 2171 in future draws .

My score is 70 and NOC is 2171

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello All,

For SINP NOC 2171 is not showing up since Nov-2019 draws , What are chances they will choose NOC 2171 in future draws .

My score is 70 and NOC is 2171
2171 had literally slowed down. we are not sure if the requirement for this NOC still exists in Saskatchewan. Even the applications submitted by ITA's received in November are not in process. We might get a clue after the next draw.

prat94

Feb 1, 2020
Hello all,

CRS: 393
NOC: 2173
SINP: 61

What are the chances for PNP in Alberta/Saskatchewan/Ontario?

Rochester987

Jan 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need help regarding what NOC code I need to put. First I thought 2171, but now I'm not that sure and thinking 2173.
On first job I was doing only manual testing, but was designing test plan, scenarios, cases. I was just there for testing, didn't test process, design, idea, etc itself (waterfall)
On second job where I'm now I'm like fully included in project from beginning (agile) and also I'm doing automation.
Can someone help.
Thanks in advance.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Friends, need your quick review:

I want to apply to BC,
A) Do I need to apply in Express entry BC to get BC pnp nomination? Can I apply to any BC company for the job (NOC 2171) and can take that as my base to migrate to that Provance?

B) please suggest if there are any other option available for me to apply in the BC pnp, other then federal EE. I have already created the profile in EE but my CRS score is very low as 397, and I am in Canada Toronto ( on close WP) from past 1.5 years, and I have job here under NOC 2171.

Summary: My thoughts are that I can only apply to BC pnp if I am in that Provance, but wants to check with you that if I have any other option available to apply under NOC 2171. since I am in Toronto already and working from past 1.5 years.

thanks
Labhesh

Rochester987

Jan 28, 2020
Also I need one more information if any of you know, since on thread I posted nobody answered.
I have agency/firm on my name and I'm working full time for another company as associate (IT sector) via contract with my firm. How I populate work experience for this part. Do I put my firm name and check self employed, or I put name of company I'm working for and check self employed or how in general? I mean I need to prove that later and I have detailed contract about what exact work I'm doing for them, but not sure how is the right way to populate form.

Swathik85

Dec 3, 2019
Hello Techies,

Those who have already received the Notification/Letter of Interest from any provinces like Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia; please post your timelines.

Those who opened EE profile and still awaiting for PNP NOI please share your CRS and NOC details. This will help us to know the probability of being nominated.

My Details:
CRS: 370
NOC: 2172 (Database Analyst)
EE profile submitted: 11th July 2019

I have submitted EOIs for Saskatchewan and PEI, no luck yet. Even I think Alberta is not picking candidates from tech NOC's below 400.

Share your thoughts!

Regards,
Sumeet
Hi Sumeet,
My Details
CRS: 320
NOC: 2173(Software Engineer)
EE profile submitted: 30th Oct 2019

I have submitted EOIs for Saskatchewan and and I'm CIPS certified but no luck yet.

Regards
Swathi

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi,
NOC 2172
CRS: 397
EE Profile submitted 1st Jan 2020.
Alberta, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia;
no luck yet.

not sure what they are picking now.

Swathik85

Dec 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I would like to understand something related to NOC 2173.
NOC 2173 is not picked from past couple of months. Any clues about reason? Also few articles are saying 2173 is removed from Saskatchewan Demand list. If anyone is having any idea please let me know.

Reactions: tazasil

dhruvdave

Jun 5, 2015
2171 had literally slowed down. we are not sure if the requirement for this NOC still exists in Saskatchewan. Even the applications submitted by ITA's received in November are not in process. We might get a clue after the next draw.
thats true
i have submitted application on 10th DEC and still status has not changed yet.
i am not able to understand that why processing is taking this much long time compared to other NOC.
its frustrating now.

rkrp

Mar 14, 2020
I was confused between 2171 and 2172 and resorted to 2172 and submitted my application. But got an input from few people that I should have selected 2171. Can anyone check my profile below and let me know if there is any problem selecting 2172 which can lead to rejection?

Job Description on employment letter (Job titles were (a) Senior systems & reporting analyst and (b) Business Analyst)
 Formulates new internal processes and analytical reports to improve information
resources
 Gathers data from departments; update periodic reports; analyze statistical data to
identify and correct errors and to evaluate general content
 Using advanced business unit knowledge, proactively researches requests for
assistance and recommends software solutions or process improvements that will meet
business needs
 Conducts accounting-based research and analysis to provide definitive financial data
and advice for use in administering specific fiscal programs and processes
 Performs review analyses, including accumulation of data, financial & forecast modeling,
reporting and monitoring of responses
 Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation
 Analyzes trends to recommend process and/or operational improvements
 Researches methodologies and conducts advanced metric reporting
 Evaluates financial impact of implemented initiatives
 Creates scripts to automate repetitive tasks