+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP for airline pilots.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Hello - Found out recently that Canada is extremely short on airline pilots but I do not hear about any PNPs being offered for airline pilots.

Any leads - anyone?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Very unlikely that individual province would have Pilots as an in-demand job. If you can land a job in a province as a pilot with a local company or with the provincial government doing something like water-bombing during forest fires. Then yes you can most likely secure a nomination. But if you are talking about a commercial pilot, then you won't get a nomination. If CANADA needs commercial pilots, then it's going to be a federal need not provincial.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
It's under the latest federal scheme for "transport workers".

I hope you are aware of the terms and conditions across Canada for pilots. In short, unless you absolutely need to be in Canada for family commitments then don't bother. There are many, many better options elsewhere.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
It's under the latest federal scheme for "transport workers".

I hope you are aware of the terms and conditions across Canada for pilots. In short, unless you absolutely need to be in Canada for family commitments then don't bother. There are many, many better options elsewhere.
Could you elaborate, please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Could you elaborate, please?
Are you even in Canada? Are you licensed as a commercial pilot by TC? Maybe elaborate on your profile as a commercial pilot. It is possible to get a job but if you aren not even PR or licensed then it will take some time.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Are you even in Canada? Are you licensed as a commercial pilot by TC? Maybe elaborate on your profile as a commercial pilot. It is possible to get a job but if you aren not even PR or licensed then it will take some time.
Im working on my TC ATPL conversion - yes.

TT- 3000 hrs, mostly jets.

For that I will be visiting canada soon.

Any chance I could go around and find some airline that can sponsor my work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Any chance I could go around and find some airline that can sponsor my work permit?
You have passed the CAT1 Medical? What do you mean go around? You don’t show up. You apply online for positions. You need to search what airlines take on those who are not citizens or PR. For most that it is a requirement so you need to search and see what airline can prove they cannot hire a Canadian or PR, and willing to go through the LMIA process. There are only a few airlines as Canada is a very small market with two major airlines. For Westjet and AC, you need to be a citizen or PR. Focus on immigrating first.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
You have passed the CAT1 Medical? What do you mean go around? You don’t show up. You apply online for positions. You need to search what airlines take on those who are not citizens or PR. For most that it is a requirement so you need to search and see what airline can prove they cannot hire a Canadian or PR, and willing to go through the LMIA process. There are only a few airlines as Canada is a very small market with two major airlines. For Westjet and AC, you need to be a citizen or PR. Focus on immigrating first.
Got it.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

From someone who used to work for an airline in Canada for decades , the chances of an airline sponsoring you as a pilot is zero

Reactions: Naturgrl

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
As has been mentioned, focus on immigrating first. No airline will sponsor you in Canada. However you're fortunate in that Transport workers (including airline pilots) are one of the targeted occupations for Express Entry this year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/09/canada-announces-first-ever-category-based-selection-invitations-for-newcomers-with-work-experience-in-transport.html

You will need to fulfil the usual requirements to make you eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker tranche.

The latest draw for transport workers was held on September, 20th and the lowest CRS score for that draw was 435.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

If you have 3000 TT on jets (I'm guessing you're in Europe) then you would have zero issue getting an interview at Air Canada (once you have your PR) Right now, off the street applications are being accepted with less than 2000TT and no jet experience. They would love to have you. Therein lies the issue and it should be telling you something. AC is the lowest paid legacy carrier in the world. The terms and conditions are appalling. You will find many Canadians flying overseas for a reason. Couple that with very high taxation, unaffordable housing and you have to ask what is the point?

As I said, unless you HAVE to be in Canada for family reasons then look elsewhere in the world.