Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
coshx said:
@ Samlogani, Dee, Pari, Edmontonbound, prabz, Holygun...Do not be alarmed by the GCMS notes. I've come to a conclusion that GCMS notes does not actually reflect the true status of application.
In March 2013, I requested for GCMS notes & officer wrote 'to pass criminality...NRT'. I remember Edmontonbound saying 'Criminality' has been passed.
In May 2013, 7 days before my PPR I requested for another GCMS notes which I got yesterday. To my surprise 'Criminality' was still in progress. 'Security' is 'not started'. My wife's 'criminality' and 'security' are 'not started'. But I did notice the updated history & police certificates were updated 3 days after they were received. Officer updated file 3 weeks after 'in process'.
So, I advice you all should not be worked up. Everything will eventually work out for good.
Please cheer up guys! Don't let CIC weigh you down. PPR will rain sooner than you think.
Thanks coshx +1 from me

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coshx said:
@ Samlogani, Dee, Pari, Edmontonbound, prabz, Holygun...Do not be alarmed by the GCMS notes. I've come to a conclusion that GCMS notes does not actually reflect the true status of application.
In March 2013, I requested for GCMS notes & officer wrote 'to pass criminality...NRT'. I remember Edmontonbound saying 'Criminality' has been passed.
In May 2013, 7 days before my PPR I requested for another GCMS notes which I got yesterday. To my surprise 'Criminality' was still in progress. 'Security' is 'not started'. My wife's 'criminality' and 'security' are 'not started'. But I did notice the updated history & police certificates were updated 3 days after they were received. Officer updated file 3 weeks after 'in process'.
So, I advice you all should not be worked up. Everything will eventually work out for good.
Please cheer up guys! Don't let CIC weigh you down. PPR will rain sooner than you think.
Thanks COSHx, I have the same status " 'Criminality' is still in progress. 'Security' is 'not started'. My wife's 'criminality' and 'security' are 'not started'. But I did notice the updated history & police certificates were updated 3 days after they were received"

I am just trying to make sense of it all.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
coshx said:
WOW.. First CIC, then ECAS and now GCMS.... we can't trust anything them. I hope I can atleast trust coshx :D. If that's the case then just forget everything, sit back and relax. And some fine day an email will pop up. To make it even more relaxing, you can sit back with a bottle of Vodka! ;)

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Guys for me they only checked your file when an officer is assigned to take a final decision.. Nothing else. I think in my case I was lucky because they were asking me for a document, that was sent 2 month before request. When i wrote them, they realized their mistake and put me in final decision.. This is only a presunsion.. we never are what is going on inside cpp...
I really understand your frustration, but now i still waiting for my passport back, i hope don't take so long.. :(
samlogani said:
Thanks COSHx, I have the same status " 'Criminality' is still in progress. 'Security' is 'not started'. My wife's 'criminality' and 'security' are 'not started'. But I did notice the updated history & police certificates were updated 3 days after they were received"

I am just trying to make sense of it all.

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
Hey guys. After getting my PPR a few weeks ago, I was able to do my landing this past weekend. Went very smoothly at the Champlain/Lacolle border. Didn't even last 15 minutes, literally after I was all worked up and ready with tons of documents (yeah I'm a traumatized paranoid person after going through the ups and downs of this whole process). I just want to encourage everyone left from the jan-april 2012 batch to stay positive. I know it's hard but there's light at the end of the tunnel...i promise! My file had been in process since May 2012, G notes didn't show any completed task and I literally didn't hear anything, no news at all for over a year! so I do know what you are going through...just hang in there a little longer and my advice would be to stop calling/checking notes/ECAS all the time. You're going to make yourself go mad of worry. Sending positive vibes your way and I can't wait to read your good news!

ps: thx for all of the info/support...couldn't have made it to today sane of mind otherwise :).

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Ayinka said:
Hey guys. After getting my PPR a few weeks ago, I was able to do my landing this past weekend. Went very smoothly at the Champlain/Lacolle border. Didn't even last 15 minutes, literally after I was all worked up and ready with tons of documents (yeah I'm a traumatized paranoid person after going through the ups and downs of this whole process). I just want to encourage everyone left from the jan-april 2012 batch to stay positive. I know it's hard but there's light at the end of the tunnel...i promise! My file had been in process since May 2012, G notes didn't show any completed task and I literally didn't hear anything, no news at all for over a year! so I do know what you are going through...just hang in there a little longer and my advice would be to stop calling/checking notes/ECAS all the time. You're going to make yourself go mad of worry. Sending positive vibes your way and I can't wait to read your good news!

ps: thx for all of the info/support...couldn't have made it to today sane of mind otherwise :).
Congrats Ayinka. When did you receive ur PPR and your file was in process since May 2012 or 2013

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
Congrats.. Ayinka...
How long did they take to sens your passports back?
Ayinka was In process since May 2012, same as me.
Ayinka said:

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
any march 2012 applicant got a request for his/her passport?? :'( its already been 15 mths now... even my workpermit has only 8 mths validity left on it...lol :D

coshx

May 8, 2013
Edmontonbound said:
WOW.. First CIC, then ECAS and now GCMS.... we can't trust anything them. I hope I can atleast trust coshx :D. If that's the case then just forget everything, sit back and relax. And some fine day an email will pop up. To make it even more relaxing, you can sit back with a bottle of Vodka! ;)
hahahaha! I believe each explanation is based on personal experience. As at Jan to May 2012, CIC was following the normal procedure. Once transfer from CIO & officer looks at it, it goes 'in process' immediately.
I have a friend who got MR a day after me in March 2012. Infact, she did her medical after me. But she went 'in process' April 2012 and by June 2012 she got PPR. I was stunned...she applied to Buffalo in Nov 2011. Her file was transferred to Ottawa in March 2012. Each time she asks me, I just don't have any explanation to give her.
I just don't understand the way CPP-Ottawa works...But one thing is sure. PPR is raining sooner than you all think.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
coshx said:
hahahaha! I believe each explanation is based on personal experience. As at Jan to May 2012, CIC was following the normal procedure. Once transfer from CIO & officer looks at it, it goes 'in process' immediately.
I have a friend who got MR a day after me in March 2012. Infact, she did her medical after me. But she went 'in process' April 2012 and by June 2012 she got PPR. I was stunned...she applied to Buffalo in Nov 2011. Her file was transferred to Ottawa in March 2012. Each time she asks me, I just don't have any explanation to give her.
I just don't understand the way CPP-Ottawa works...But one thing is sure. PPR is raining sooner than you all think.
@ coshx - When was your latest GCMS printed? Can you check and let me know? If it was printed before the day you got your PPR, then it would help explain the ambiguity!

coshx

May 8, 2013
Edmontonbound said:
@ coshx - When was your latest GCMS printed? Can you check and let me know? If it was printed before the day you got your PPR, then it would help explain the ambiguity!
GCMS was printed May 7. I still cannot explain the ambiguity in this process. For example, Ayinka went in process on 5th May 2012, she got PPR early April 2013. In the same month, CVD222 went in process on April 2, 2013 & got PPR April 9 or 10th. Sincerely, I cannot explain it.
Everything is based on personal experience.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
Now, the visa stamp is another long wait, some people 12 days some 2 months.. Applicants from December 2012 with passports stamped.. and jan/feb 2012 still waiting for request. Totally unfair. :( :( :(
coshx said:
GCMS was printed May 7. I still cannot explain the ambiguity in this process. For example, Ayinka went in process on 5th May 2012, she got PPR early April 2013. In the same month, CVD222 went in process on April 2, 2013 & got PPR April 9 or 10th. Sincerely, I cannot explain it.

raihan850

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
coshx said:
Hey Coshx any news about your passport??? did they return your passport back

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
coshx said:
plzz dont give me that hope :mad: