PR Approved:July 31,2013
Passport Req..
Not Applicable (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PR documents
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Joie said:
Today I sent the following email to CPP-O in regards to decision made on my application and got the below response in 15 minutes:

EMAIL TO CPP-O

I am a PNP applicant with the below details and on Ecas (online status) my application status shows as decision made, therefore I was wondering if I didn't received an email requesting my passport or I will be contacted by the office some time soon. From my understanding decision made status only shows up after your office has finalised the case and requested for the passport.

I will highly appreciate if you could please update me on the decision made on my application.

CPP-O's Reply

Your application has been approved and you should be hearing from our office shortly. If any problems persist please contact our call centre or email back.

..................................Do not know how long it will take from here

Hi Joie,

Can you tell me if you are a Buffalo Transfer?

Joie

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O, BC PNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
15-10-2011 FOR PNP
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
Med's Request
Apr 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
22-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 29, 2013
Hey irishlydia, Yeah i am a Buffalo transferee

irishlydia

Star Member
Nov 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
Med's Request
05-24-2012
Med's Done....
09-06-2012
Interview........
PR Approved:July 31,2013
Passport Req..
Not Applicable (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PR documents
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Joie said:
Hey irishlydia, Yeah i am a Buffalo transferee
Ok thats good news! My ecas says the following:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 22, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

Still waiting on the Passport Request..... My MP rang me back 2 weeks ago and said they were finalising the background checks so hopefully it won't be too much longer!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Can someone explain what this sentence mean please
"Your application is under revision. We will contact you if necessary."

Joie

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O, BC PNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
15-10-2011 FOR PNP
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
Med's Request
Apr 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
22-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 29, 2013
Reading other forums I have found out that after decision made status it could take anywhere from 1 week to 8 weeks ..... so I will wait for another ten days to send CCP-O reminder.

@ irishlydia ..you have same timeline as me for going your file in process ..... I guess your status could be changed to decison made anyday

AMZA

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/01/2012
Nomination.....
17/11/2011
AOR Received.
16/03/2012
Med's Request
16/03/2012
Med's Done....
26/03/2012
Holygun said:
Woow what a poor and rude email

Hi Holygun. Any news from your side?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
AMZA said:
Hi Holygun. Any news from your side?
Sent an email to get an update on Monday, got a response 11pm tonight...

Your app is in process.. nothing to do on your side.. no need to bug us..

Bla bla bla...

Bahia

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept.23,2014
Nomination.....
Sponsorship approval in end of nov. 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 23,2014
File Transfer...
To NDVO end of nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Before applying, got request for re-medical again on aug20-25, 2015
Interview........
in process last week of July, 2015
Holygun said:
Sent an email to get an update on Monday, got a response 11pm tonight...

Your app is in process.. nothing to do on your side.. no need to bug us..

Bla bla bla...
Lol same reply i got always....

John09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-04-2012
Med's Request
23-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
in process april-5
Passport Req..
????????????????????
Read this guys
BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
John09 said:
Read this guys
BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

Just One correction..

They don't open your file before bring forward date... They go with them.

coshx

May 8, 2013
John09 said:
Read this guys

What happens on a BF'D

An Example

How many BF'Ds we get

Delays due to BF'Ds
Well, you've said it all John09. One thing I know for sure is that every type of request from CPP-O (e.g. medical, police certificate, etc) have their own due date. Hence, when those results come, the officer doesn't just automatically update them. Like i've said in my previous post, the officer who makes PR decision is not necessarily the one who reviews & update the info you send to CPP-O. There are officers for medical, police certificate & update history. Also, officer can review the file before the due date. What the officer does is to assign some applications the same due date based on the type of request they have. The speed at which the request are submitted can either delay or speed it up. For example, AMZA and I have the same officer. We both have the same due date on our file August 21, 2013. Meanwhile AMZA applied a month before me & I got PPR before him. In my case, my file was reviewed briefly by another officer on 19th March & he requested for medical extension with due date April 26, 2013. As at March 27, my officer review my file, medical had already been extended by the health officer, but he did not review the file until May 14 when he made a decision on my case & I got PPR the same day. Meanwhile, officer asked them to pass my criminality (NRT) but they refused to pass it since March 27 until May 14. So a lot happens in that office.
Every case is different & every officer is different. Just pray you get a very good officer...and that they speedily update your info into your file.

AMZA

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/01/2012
Nomination.....
17/11/2011
AOR Received.
16/03/2012
Med's Request
16/03/2012
Med's Done....
26/03/2012
coshx said:
Well, you've said it all John09. One thing I know for sure is that every type of request from CPP-O (e.g. medical, police certificate, etc) have their own due date. Hence, when those results come, the officer doesn't just automatically update them. Like i've said in my previous post, the officer who makes PR decision is not necessarily the one who reviews & update the info you send to CPP-O. There are officers for medical, police certificate & update history. Also, officer can review the file before the due date. What the officer does is to assign some applications the same due date based on the type of request they have. The speed at which the request are submitted can either delay or speed it up. For example, AMZA and I have the same officer. We both have the same due date on our file August 21, 2013. Meanwhile AMZA applied a month before me & I got PPR before him. In my case, my file was reviewed briefly by another officer on 19th March & he requested for medical extension with due date April 26, 2013. As at March 27, my officer review my file, medical had already been extended by the health officer, but he did not review the file until May 14 when he made a decision on my case & I got PPR the same day. Meanwhile, officer asked them to pass my criminality (NRT) but they refused to pass it since March 27 until May 14. So a lot happens in that office.
Every case is different & every officer is different. Just pray you get a very good officer...and that they speedily update your info into your file.
Yeah our officer hates me. Decision made for 5 weeks and counting.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
AMZA said:
Yeah our officer hates me. Decision made for 5 weeks and counting.

AMZA when was your due date? I am any date you can remember?

Mine is August 15, 2013 to submit requested documents so I would wait something on that date!