Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
sulav787 said:
i did my medicals on may 15th and i haven't traveled outside of Canada... they asked me for my RPRF last week ... may sound stupid but do you think i will be made to do my medical exams again??
I paid PRF with my application. I think they are unpredictable at this point. May 15th is still a couple a days away, maybe you will get it before then. Good luck!

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Edmontonbound said:
According to the new medical test instruction manual, the medical is valid for 15 months. It may well be a mistake by your Visa officer to ask you to re-do your medical test. Would it be better to ask your VO and get a clarification on it?
Edmontonbound said:
According to the new medical test instruction manual, the medical is valid for 15 months. It may well be a mistake by your Visa officer to ask you to re-do your medical test. Would it be better to ask your VO and get a clarification on it?
Yeah I saw the manual too. The officer is required to request for extension that may take up to 10 days if medicals expired within 2 years. I guess he/she took the easy way out by requesting me to do another one. Will do as I'm told and call CIC (they are never helpful though) to verify the attachment is not an error.

Who knows how long GCMS notes take now?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
Edmontonbound said:
Edmontonbound

Is there a link u you can provide us?

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Holygun said:
Edmontonbound

Is there a link u you can provide us?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ir/ir03-eng.pdf

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Holygun said:
It says 12 months here am I missing something?
Please refer to Page 5 and 6.

Medical validity (the period over which the immigration medical examination is valid) is now twelve
months from the date of the immigration medical examination. Concerns have been expressed
about expired medical validity for in-Canada applicants. Consequently, a procedure has been
developed whereby Health Branch officers will give consideration to extending medical validity for
certain in-Canada cases.
The medical validity extension procedure is:

Where an officer realizes that an applicant's medical validity has expired, the officer should
refer the case to Health Branch (HB) at the following e-mail address:
medical.extension @ cic.gc.ca
Note: Please refer only those cases in which the immigration medical examination has been conducted
less than 24 months (2 years) from the date of the request for extension. All other cases will
automatically require a new medical examination.

 The medical case will be reviewed by HB and a decision regarding medical validity extension
or the requirement for a new medical examination will be provided to the requesting officer
within ten (10) working days. If a medical validity extension is granted, it will generally be for a
period of twelve (12) months from the date of the request for extension.

Fafool

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
FEB-2012
Med's Request
FEB -2012
Med's Done....
MARCH-2012
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
SEP-2013
You are not right:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.

Edmontonbound said:

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Fafool said:
You are not right:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.
Well please refer to the link above given by dee001. The link was updated last month. And it is valid for only in-Canada applicants.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
Edmontonbound said:
Please refer to Page 5 and 6.

Medical validity (the period over which the immigration medical examination is valid) is now twelve
months from the date of the immigration medical examination. Concerns have been expressed
about expired medical validity for in-Canada applicants. Consequently, a procedure has been
developed whereby Health Branch officers will give consideration to extending medical validity for
certain in-Canada cases.
The medical validity extension procedure is:

Where an officer realizes that an applicant's medical validity has expired, the officer should
refer the case to Health Branch (HB) at the following e-mail address:
medical.extension @ cic.gc.ca
Note: Please refer only those cases in which the immigration medical examination has been conducted
less than 24 months (2 years) from the date of the request for extension. All other cases will
automatically require a new medical examination.

 The medical case will be reviewed by HB and a decision regarding medical validity extension
or the requirement for a new medical examination will be provided to the requesting officer
within ten (10) working days. If a medical validity extension is granted, it will generally be for a
period of twelve (12) months from the date of the request for extension.

meaning that you can get an extension of 12 months if the case officer knows about this new regulation...

or sending an email and requesting an extension is a better way..

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Holygun said:
meaning that you can get an extension of 12 months if the case officer knows about this new regulation...

or sending an email and requesting an extension is a better way..
That's a tough call. I have no clue, I'm afraid. But, informing them in advance won't hurt.

Good luck.

llvllagic_l3oy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
llvllagic_l3oy said:
Guys

- I'm a March 05, 2012 applicant.
- I got my RPRF and update on personal information on April 04, 2013.
- MY ECAS status changed to In process on April 19,2013.

The problem is, I did my medical on May 10,2012 and it will expire soon...

What should tell CIC in my email to extend my medical and avoiding from redoing it?
Anybody can help me out please?

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
dee001 said:
I got email last night to do Medicals last night since it's been over 12 months. I'm officially very frustrated.

Dee? Did you not get the email that a lot of people on this thread got, which said:

Medical Examination:

If you had a medical evaluation done during 2012*, we will be requesting an extension of your medical validity in order to facilitate the processing of your case. No action is required on your part.

If the medical was done in 2012, they will get it extended. If you did not get this email, may be something is different with your case.

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
singh.gurjaspal said:
Dee? Did you not get the email that a lot of people on this thread got, which said:

Medical Examination:

If you had a medical evaluation done during 2012*, we will be requesting an extension of your medical validity in order to facilitate the processing of your case. No action is required on your part.

If the medical was done in 2012, they will get it extended. If you did not get this email, may be something is different with your case.
I got that email when i asked about my status;

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 1 September 2011.

Medical results: Please note that we will be requesting an extension of the validity of these results, to minimize the number of applicants who will be required to undertake new medical examinations.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
A friend of mine has been asked by our beloved CIC to re-do medical tests for his wife and kid. But that's not real shocker. What's shocking is his wife and kid underwent medical in June, 2012. Take a bow, CIC.

As my friend correctly quipped - "It sure will be a fluke if we get PPRs if at all".