+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Eligibility as Company Location and Employment Location is different

AJITPATIL3011

Oct 6, 2023
Hello There,

I have a query related to PNP eligibility employers location section.

The employment Location mentioned on the Work permit is: Toronto, Ontario
Governing Jurisdiction: Canada - Nova Scotia
Registered or Head Office Address: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Principal Place of Business in Ontario: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Am I eligible for a PNP in Ontario Province?

Reactions: Najib patan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello There,

I have a query related to PNP eligibility employers location section.

The employment Location mentioned on the Work permit is: Toronto, Ontario
Governing Jurisdiction: Canada - Nova Scotia
Registered or Head Office Address: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Principal Place of Business in Ontario: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Am I eligible for a PNP in Ontario Province?
For what PNP stream? Are you living in Ontario?

AJITPATIL3011

Oct 6, 2023
Yes, I am living in Ontario and working in Ontario only. However, as per IRCC website my employer's Registered Office is on Nova Scotia, and Principal Place of Business in Ontario: Toronto. So I am not sure if I am eligible for PNP Stream in Ontario.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I am living in Ontario and working in Ontario only. But as per IRCC website my Employers Registered Office is on Nova Scotia and Principal Place of Business in Ontario: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Do you have a EE profile? There are 9 OINP streams, some through Express Entry some not. For EE, your don’t need a job offer but if you have a LMIA you get more points. Which stream do you think you are eligible for? Your work permit may say one thing but whether you are eligible depends on the stream. What is your NOC?

AJITPATIL3011

Oct 6, 2023
My NOC is 2171 and I have LMIA-Exempt number. I have not created an EE profile yet as My CRS Score is 442 so I was wondering if I am eligible for the PNP Stream or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My NOC is 2171 and I have LMIA-Exempt number. I have not created an EE profile yet as My CRS Score is 442 so I was wondering if I am eligible for the PNP Stream or not.
So you need a year of Canadian experience to count the 50 points for Express Entry. I don’t know what stream your are eligible for because there are 9 OINP streams. Go on the OINP website and see if your CRS score would get an ITA For EE streams. For non EE streams, see if your points are enough to be eligible and what requirements your employer must complete to be eligible. You need to read through the OINP site and see requirements for you and your employer.

AJITPATIL3011

Oct 6, 2023
Hi Naturgrl,

Thank you for your guidance.

I have earned a year of Canadian experience this month. I am working as a Software Quality Analyst. I will go through the OINP site to check the requirements now.

Thanks again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl,

Thank you for your guidance.

I have earned a year of Canadian experience this month. I am working as a Software Quality Analyst. I will go through the OINP site to check the requirements now.

Thanks again.
Go through the EE site about getting an additional 50 points with LMIA exemption. You will need a new job offer letter stating you a job one year past PR.

Najib patan

Jan 18, 2024
Hi everyone I hoply you will be fine so I am dr Najibullah patan from Kabul Afghanistan and I am very interested to work in any company in Canada how I can apply plz tnx

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone I hoply you will be fine so I am dr Najibullah patan from Kabul Afghanistan and I am very interested to work in any company in Canada how I can apply plz tnx
Go on Canadian job sites and search for jobs. Most jobs will say only apply if Canadian, PR or have work permit so ignore those. Find employer willing to go through the LMIA process proving no Canadian, PR can do the job, only you have the experience, education and language skills. Get LMIA and then apply for closed work permit showing reference letters, ECA and language tests.