27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Hi all,

I have a question which I'm terrified to get an answer to...

I got my BC PNP in February and for various reasons wasn't able to file my PR application until June 30, a month before the expiration of my PNP certificate (August 4). It says on the PNP instruction package that I need to send my application before the certificate expires, which I did, but I haven't received AOR yet. So does anyone know if the certificate has to be valid when the AOR is issued, or is it enough that the application is dated before the expiry? Is this going to kill my PR application??

My timeline is as follows:
BC PNP nomination received: February 4
Temporary work permit issued: February 13
PR application sent: June 30
PR application signed by Mark at CIC NS: July 4

Any thoughts would be appreciated.. although I hope they're not going to freak me out....!

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
I think you will be fine. As long as it was receieved by CIC before the expiry. It usually takes a month for the AOR to come through or at times upto 6 weeks. Hang in there and u will be fine !!

Cheers

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
liisa227 said:
Hi all,

I got my BC PNP in February and for various reasons wasn't able to file my PR application until June 30, a month before the expiration of my PNP certificate (August 4). It says on the PNP instruction package that I need to send my application before the certificate expires, which I did, but I haven't received AOR yet. So does anyone know if the certificate has to be valid when the AOR is issued, or is it enough that the application is dated before the expiry? Is this going to kill my PR application??

Any thoughts would be appreciated.. although I hope they're not going to freak me out....!
Hi liisa227,

As roadtocanada2014 said, you are fine with your application, no need to worry as you submitted your application more than a month before the PNP expiration.

But, remember, just in case if CIC returns your application for any reason (for example due to insufficient documents), by that time your PNP validity will get expired. So, in such case, first you have to get an extension of your PNP certificate and then re-submit your application to CIC.

Let's hope your application will not be returned. It has happened two times in my case...:( hmmmm finally all the pain is over and I am a PR now...:)

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Reactions: john.sterling

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
sarayu said:
Hi liisa227,

As roadtocanada2014 said, you are fine with your application, no need to worry as you submitted your application more than a month before the PNP expiration.

But, remember, just in case if CIC returns your application for any reason (for example due to insufficient documents), by that time your PNP validity will get expired. So, in such case, first you have to get an extension of your PNP certificate and then re-submit your application to CIC.

Let's hope your application will not be returned. It has happened two times in my case...:( hmmmm finally all the pain is over and I am a PR now...:)

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
Thanks, Sarayu and roadtocanada2014! I feel slightly better now! I double, triple and quadruple checked every single paper I put in the PR package inside out and backwards to make sure everything's there and there are no gaps or missing signatures or anything. But then again, I guess they can always find something that's missing..

It's curious, though, that the PNP certificate should technically be valid for the entire PR application, in case they request additional documents or anything. Since the certificate is only ever valid for 6 months at a time, how can the CIC assume that it wouldn't expire while processing, when they know full well that the PR processing times are far longer than that?

If such a thing happened, would I have to redo the entire PNP application process from scratch? From what I've understood, they don't give out extensions to the certificates as such, but instead they would make you repay all the fees and resubmit all the paperwork and all that.

Efernandez81

Jun 22, 2017
Hi there! Just wanted to check if you got your answer? I'm a bit worried my PNP expires before I get my PR as well. Please let me know? Thank you!

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Thanks, Sarayu and roadtocanada2014! I feel slightly better now! I double, triple and quadruple checked every single paper I put in the PR package inside out and backwards to make sure everything's there and there are no gaps or missing signatures or anything. But then again, I guess they can always find something that's missing..

It's curious, though, that the PNP certificate should technically be valid for the entire PR application, in case they request additional documents or anything. Since the certificate is only ever valid for 6 months at a time, how can the CIC assume that it wouldn't expire while processing, when they know full well that the PR processing times are far longer than that?

If such a thing happened, would I have to redo the entire PNP application process from scratch? From what I've understood, they don't give out extensions to the certificates as such, but instead they would make you repay all the fees and resubmit all the paperwork and all that.
Hi,

What happened with your case then? Can you please share the timeline?

Sharath kumar

Dec 24, 2023
Hi all,

Hello. I was in same situation as you. Can you please let me know about this -
I applied for non-express entry PR using pnp on 22-12-2023. My pnp nomination will expire on February 24, 2024. I've heard that if the IRCC opens our PR application after the expiry date, it would be rejected. Is it true?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello. I was in same situation as you. Can you please let me know about this -
I applied for non-express entry PR using pnp on 22-12-2023. My pnp nomination will expire on February 24, 2024. I've heard that if the IRCC opens our PR application after the expiry date, it would be rejected. Is it true?
If you submitted complete application before your nomination is expired they will not reject your application. Doesn’t matter if it’s expired after submission. It should be valid while submitting pr application.

Sharath kumar

Dec 24, 2023
If you submitted complete application before your nomination is expired they will not reject your application. Doesn’t matter if it’s expired after submission. It should be valid while submitting pr application.
Can you please tell me what is meant by complete application?
I have missed a gap in schedule A form so they might send me an note to fill that and resubmit it.
We it have any problem??

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can you please tell me what is meant by complete application?
I have missed a gap in schedule A form so they might send me an note to fill that and resubmit it.
We it have any problem??
Not a problem. If there is a gap they will ask that form again while processing stage . Most common issue for returning application is not paying fees , form’s missing, not signed forms. If there is a gap they won’t return it but will ask it again later stage.

Sharath kumar

Dec 24, 2023
Not a problem. If there is a gap they will ask that form again while processing stage . Most common issue for returning application is not paying fees , form’s missing, not signed forms. If there is a gap they won’t return it but will ask it again later stage.
What do you suggest me. Should I apply for OINP nomination extension or should I wait for AoR?