+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP BC - opportunities for a physician

so_simple

Sep 27, 2008
I'm a resident physician and I'd like to find out any REAL benefits PNP BC has for ones like me.

Any help and suggestions from experienced ones will be appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought you were looking to go as an FSW since your occupation is on the list and all? If you want to do PNP, you need a job offer first. And what do you mean by REAL benefits?

so_simple

Sep 27, 2008
Indeed I'm not going to cancel my FSW application so far, but ... who knows? Besides that I have a friend who cannot afford 10,000$ so he's interested in PNP too.

As for job offer, how can I, physician from Republic of Moldova, graduate of Medical University (listed in WHO directory of medical schools), get it? Actually I always thought this point made PNP BC unreal for the physicians (at least from my country).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's very unlikely that you would get a job offer as a physician because you are not licensed to work as a physician in Canada but you might be able to get a job offer doing something related that doesn't require licensing or where licensing is much easier.

Same thing applies when your FSW goes through and you come to Canada with your PR. You will not be able to work as a physician right away. You have to find yourself something else until you get licensed.

This doesn't just apply to physicians from Moldova, it's pretty much from everywhere. Licensing requirements for physicians are among the most stringent there are.

Also, it's not just the BC PNP that requires a job offer for a skilled worker. It's pretty much every PNP.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Generally Physicians work at other jobs in the medical field while working at their Licensing,The Salary gaps are not that Bad.For example I know a couple both Doctors Currently working as Nurses,But they have a combined Household Income of 120,000 Dollars a year compared to a Doctor who earns about 200,000 a year.They still have the 4 Bedroom House,Boat,3 cars etc.Thats the way to go,Get in,Work at a Medical Job while getting licensed