+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP BC - Job offer form

LovelyOne

Oct 24, 2012
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Strategic Occupations
Skilled Workers (Graphic Designer)

I worked for a Canadian company in BC from mid October 2010 til end of June 2011 with the Work&Travel visa. And since mid of March 2012 (til next year March) with the Young Professional Visa. Now I wanna apply for the PNP and then the PR.

I have some questions about the JOB OFFER FORM (job_offer_form.pdf)

B. Employment Offer
Is this a new position?
--> As I'm already working in this position, it isn't a new position. Right?

C. Recruitment Summary
How long has this position be vacant?
--> It's not really vacant since I'm working in this position since March 2012. So can we write 0 months???

Have you actively recruited in BC for this position?
--> Is it mandatory for the company to actively recruit in BC as the position is not really vacant?
Or do they mean if the company actively recruited in BC for this position before they hired me in the first place (2010)?

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
LovelyOne said:
Strategic Occupations

I worked for a Canadian company in BC from mid October 2010 til end of June 2011 with the Work&Travel visa. And since mid of March 2012 (til next year March) with the Young Professional Visa. Now I wanna apply for the PNP and then the PR.

B. Employment Offer
Is this a new position?

C. Recruitment Summary
--> It's not really vacant since I'm working in this position since March 2012. So can we write 0 months???

--> Is it mandatory for the company to actively recruit in BC as the position is not really vacant?
Or do they mean if the company actively recruited in BC for this position before they hired me in the first place (2010)?
BC PNP is basically an employer driven category.

B. You need to have an employment offer that is permanent in nature. No end date in your employment offer.

C. Your company should be able to provide history about the recruitment metrics that they did before you were hired. They should provide proof that they tried to hire locally through job posting in news papers or job bank. But your employer couldn't find someone who is competitive enough to do the job so that's why they hire you.

steffi80

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
21/01/2013
File Transfer...
22/03/2013
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/2013
LANDED..........
01/07/2013
hi.

i did the same. work & travel and then young professional in the same company. your employer has to post a job post at job bank canada for at least two weeks! this is mandatory. we posted it on several job websites for bc or canada. we made a list how many applications came in and why he didn't choose those applicants. we also provided screenshots our job posts.

I got nominated 10 weeks after I had submit my application.

good luck!!

LovelyOne

Oct 24, 2012
Sonic said:
Yes, it is. But my boss just doesn't have time to clarify those things. So I try to.

your employer has to post a job post at job bank canada for at least two weeks! this is mandatory. we posted it on several job websites for bc or canada. we made a list how many applications came in and why he didn't choose those applicants. we also provided screenshots our job posts.
He was recruiting in 2010. And then he couldn't find someone better for the job.
And now he has to do the same again???

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
He doesn't have to do it again. It should have been done before you were hired. Your employer should have records that they posted the job in a job bank and list all the applicants. Then they should explain why you were hired and not anyone of those applicants got the job.

LovelyOne

Oct 24, 2012
Sonic said:
He doesn't have to do it again. It should have been done before you were hired. Your employer should have records that they posted the job in a job bank and list all the applicants. Then they should explain why you were hired and not anyone of those applicants got the job.
Thank you very much, Sonic!
That makes sense. He definitely posted the job online. I saw the ad on craigslist.ca and applied for the job. Let's hope he still has records from back then (2010).

Do you think the question 'How long has this position be vacant?' means how long the job was advertised somewhere?
Because I replaced another Graphic Designer. So this position was never really unstaffed.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/index.page?
I hope some other seniors will chime in on this. I am not familiar with the Young Professionals programme, but something is telling me that at the end of each work permit, your employer might have to repost the position to prove he/she was unable to fill the vacancy. It might be an idea to call BC PNP to confirm if you are unable to find the answers in the OP Manual or PNP sites. It would be such a shame to get stuck in the middle of the process for lack of 14 days advertising. Good Luck.

LovelyOne

Oct 24, 2012
I finally emailed the guys from the BC Provincial Nominee Program and that's the answer:

Thank you for your email.

Your employer will have to provide evidence that they have made and effort to recruit locally when the job was posted in 2010. Each application is assessed case by case and if your employer cannot provide the evidence that recruitments were made, your employer may want to provide a compelling business case explaining the situation.

Regards,
BC Provincial Nominee Program

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
So from their response it seems clear that the employer only has to try to recruit locally when the position is first posted. Good news.

maybee

Aug 1, 2016
LovelyOne said:
Strategic Occupations

B. Employment Offer
Is this a new position?

C. Recruitment Summary

I have the same question...

Is this a new position?

Not sure if it's yes or no. There was a person in my position before but she quit and the job was vacant for half a year...

maybee

Aug 1, 2016
Sonic said:

B. You need to have an employment offer that is permanent in nature. No end date in your employment offer.

C. Your company should be able to provide history about the recruitment metrics that they did before you were hired. They should provide proof that they tried to hire locally through job posting in news papers or job bank. But your employer couldn't find someone who is competitive enough to do the job so that's why they hire you.
So if it's a permanent job offer then yes to the question ' Is this a new position?'

alimardani_kh

Sep 5, 2015
Hi
I am trying to immigrate to Canada, BC. A company accept me and will be send me a job offer. So I am planing for getting BC PNP and then apply for Express Entry.
My question is about the process of BC PNP, especially job offer requirements.

1- Do I need LMIA for BC PNP??
2- Can I do the process myself or I need any lawyer? (I live outside Canada now)

if possible please help me in order to do all things correct since this a last chance for me.

Thanks