+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP-BC "Evidence of recruitment efforts"

Bolicious

Nov 7, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I am about to apply for PNP-BC (tech), and I would love your share/opinions about my situation.

I am working in the bakery. My title was "Baker". Recently, they offered me work as a graphic designer for them (help them with marketing, website...). Because my background was a graphic designer for almost 5 years. And they did not post this Graphic Designer job on Linked In or Indeed. My concern is about the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" in the requirement document of BC-PNP. What should I do? How can I explain the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" if my employer just does an "internal offer" like this?

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am about to apply for PNP-BC (tech), and I would love your share/opinions about my situation.

I am working in the bakery. My title was "Baker". Recently, they offered me work as a graphic designer for them (help them with marketing, website...). Because my background was a graphic designer for almost 5 years. And they did not post this Graphic Designer job on Linked In or Indeed. My concern is about the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" in the requirement document of BC-PNP. What should I do? How can I explain the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" if my employer just does an "internal offer" like this?

Thank you!
It is explained in the Employer Declaration Form that your employer must fill out.

• Love
Reactions: Bolicious

Bolicious

Nov 7, 2023
It is explained in the Employer Declaration Form that your employer must fill out.
Thanks for your reply. May I ask is the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" a separate form of a document? Honestly I do not know what the Evidence of recruitment efforts document looks like. if I already explained in the EDF as you said. I can skip the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" document, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. May I ask is the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" a separate form of a document? Honestly I do not know what the Evidence of recruitment efforts document looks like. if I already explained in the EDF as you said. I can skip the "Evidence of recruitment efforts" document, right?
You don’t fill out the Employer Declaration Form, your employer does. There is a whole section on recruitment for them to fill out and explain why the job was never posted. They have to explain why they didn’t recruit for the position and why all of sudden they need a full-time, permanent graphic designer. Tell them to fill out the form (mandatory) and read the employer guide.

Bolicious

Nov 7, 2023
You don’t fill out the Employer Declaration Form, your employer does. There is a whole section on recruitment for them to fill out and explain why the job was never posted. They have to explain why they didn’t recruit for the position and why all of sudden they need a full-time, permanent graphic designer. Tell them to fill out the form (mandatory) and read the employer guide.
Thank you! It does make more sense to me now, Truly appreciate it!

NQM2024

Mar 6, 2024
Hi Everyone,

Thank you!

Hello, this is also my concern regarding the "Evidence of recruitment efforts". The HR is asking for assistance on how to fill up the Employers Declaration form since their were no advertisement during the hiring process. It was only done through referral from other employee in that company. They only inform the applicant to submit his resume, then they interviewed, since the current status of the applicant is OWP, they immediately hired him. Since today, the applicant is already working that company for 2 years now. The employer is willing to support him in applying his BC PNP, but the problem is on the "Evidence of recruitment efforts". Any suggestions on this concern? TIA

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello, this is also my concern regarding the "Evidence of recruitment efforts". The HR is asking for assistance on how to fill up the Employers Declaration form since their were no advertisement during the hiring process. It was only done through referral from other employee in that company. They only inform the applicant to submit his resume, then they interviewed, since the current status of the applicant is OWP, they immediately hired him. Since today, the applicant is already working that company for 2 years now. The employer is willing to support him in applying his BC PNP, but the problem is on the "Evidence of recruitment efforts". Any suggestions on this concern? TIA
If you are already working for employer and had open work permit while you were hired, no recruitment efforts need to be shown . Just mention applicants was hired internally through reference and was qualified for job with experience.

• Love
Reactions: NQM2024

NQM2024

Mar 6, 2024
If you are already working for employer and had open work permit while you were hired, no recruitment efforts need to be shown . Just mention applicants was hired internally through reference and was qualified for job with experience.
Wow! appreciated much! thank you, you save my employer's dilemma.

One more query please, on the list of employers requirements below;
  • Copy of municipal business license
  • BC PNP employer declaration form
  • Recommendation letter
  • Copy of the signed job offer
  • Detailed job description
  • Evidence of recruitment efforts
  • Company information
  • Copy of the Certificate of incorporation (or legal equivalent)

Is their anyone who have sample or template of the Recommendation Letter because the HR is asking if the Detailed Job Description is a separate letter, since the recommendation letter is already mention the job description. TIA

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Wow! appreciated much! thank you, you save my employer's dilemma.

One more query please, on the list of employers requirements below;
  • BC PNP employer declaration form
  • Recommendation letter
  • Copy of the signed job offer
  • Detailed job description
  • Evidence of recruitment efforts
  • Company information
  • Copy of the Certificate of incorporation (or legal equivalent)

Is their anyone who have sample or template of the Recommendation Letter because the HR is asking if the Detailed Job Description is a separate letter, since the recommendation letter is already mention the job description. TIA
Job letter and recommendation letter is different. Job letter is letter which show your title, job duties, your salary. You can google recommendation letter.

Reactions: NQM2024

NQM2024

Mar 6, 2024
Job letter and recommendation letter is different. Job letter is letter which show your title, job duties, your salary. You can google recommendation letter.

Oh thank you, apologize for too much query. The HR dont have any idea about this BC PNP but the they are willing to support whatever documents we need.

NQM2024

Mar 6, 2024
What about the content of the Company information? Can you provide sample for this. Because it is already filled out at the Employers Declaration form on question #2. Company/Organization Information:? On the checklist, theirs a separate bullet for the employers requirement.