+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP approved in sept 2014, can i apply through EE?

avv

Feb 20, 2015
I already have sent my PR file to Sydney,NS.

As all PNP files to PR are getting delayed, i would like to know that can i apply using Express entry?

leights

Feb 20, 2015
avv said:
I already have sent my PR file to Sydney,NS.

As all PNP files to PR are getting delayed, i would like to know that can i apply using Express entry?
All depends on your province however all PNP/PR applications processed before Jan 1st take on those rules especially if your PNP was accepted before this date.

avv

Feb 20, 2015
leights said:
All depends on your province however all PNP/PR applications processed before Jan 1st take on those rules especially if your PNP was accepted before this date.
Thanks for the information but I didnt get it? can you please elaborate?

leights

Feb 20, 2015
avv said:
Thanks for the information but I didnt get it? can you please elaborate?
So you have your PNP approved ( for what province) in September 2014.. when did you send your P.R application to Nova Scotia?

avv

Feb 20, 2015
leights said:
So you have your PNP approved ( for what province) in September 2014.. when did you send your P.R application to Nova Scotia?
I received my PNP from Ontario and my file was sent to sydney on Jan 12 2015.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
avv said:
I received my PNP from Ontario and my file was sent to sydney on Jan 12 2015.
I'm not sure how PNP in Ontario works but how come you waited until after the new year to send your application in? Or you actually did send it in before 01st Jan 2015 and it just got to Nova Scotia on the 12th?

Here in BC if your PNP was approved last year you need to continue with your application under last years criteria. If it was approved this year but sent in last year they give the option to change it to EE, or leave it as is and wait. If you apply this year then you use EE.

If you got your PNP in sept last year you needed to send your PR application off last year to go with it because PNP for Ontario is not currently open for EE which is fine and would mean you would wait it out - If your PNP was approved last year and your PR application sent this year on Jan 12th then it will more than likely be returned as its' after the 01 January 15 cut off. Does that make sense?

avv

Feb 20, 2015
leights said:
I'm not sure how PNP in Ontario works but how come you waited until after the new year to send your application in? Or you actually did send it in before 01st Jan 2015 and it just got to Nova Scotia on the 12th?

Here in BC if your PNP was approved last year you need to continue with your application under last years criteria. If it was approved this year but sent in last year they give the option to change it to EE, or leave it as is and wait. If you apply this year then you use EE.

If you got your PNP in sept last year you needed to send your PR application off last year to go with it because PNP for Ontario is not currently open for EE which is fine and would mean you would wait it out - If your PNP was approved last year and your PR application sent this year on Jan 12th then it will more than likely be returned as its' after the 01 January 15 cut off. Does that make sense?

I was waiting for my PCC which i know could be sent in afterwards but i thought it as a hassle and sent the application once it had all documents needed to be processed.

My PNP certficate noted that i can apply to CIC before March first week and which i did. i dont think there is any reason it would be returned.

Ontario doesnt have any rules for EE as far as i know and i dont know if and how i can apply through Express entry?

Going by what you stated above i think my PNP was approved in 2014 and during that there was no notion of Express entry so i guess i wont be able to apply using EE.

I would like to know if someone has any insights?

leights

Feb 20, 2015
avv said:
I was waiting for my PCC which i know could be sent in afterwards but i thought it as a hassle and sent the application once it had all documents needed to be processed.

My PNP certficate noted that i can apply to CIC before March first week and which i did. i dont think there is any reason it would be returned.

Ontario doesnt have any rules for EE as far as i know and i dont know if and how i can apply through Express entry?

Going by what you stated above i think my PNP was approved in 2014 and during that there was no notion of Express entry so i guess i wont be able to apply using EE.

I would like to know if someone has any insights?
Ahh this makes sense now.. sorry I only know how it works for BC PNP. Makes sense they would say you can apply to CIC before March 1st week because Express entry isn't available for Ontario at all.. Looks like you will just have to wait it out and it shouldn't get returned then.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
You won;t be able to use EE route. PNP EE route is a different process. Existing nomination certificate cannot be used.