+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pnp application call center closed

Ahmedshahzeb1

Jun 13, 2021
Hello friends, I received my provincial nominee in 2018. I applied for pr card in September 2018. I was working at a call center and that call center closed in December 2019. I was on a closed work permit. I couldn't find a job in pei as no new employer was willing to pay for compliance fee for $300 for a new closed work permit and also due to COVID-19 the job market was not good. I returned to Pakistan before my close work permit expired. My file is still under process. Do you think cic will issue me pr status?

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
Hello friends, I received my provincial nominee in 2018. I applied for pr card in September 2018. I was working at a call center and that call center closed in December 2019. I was on a closed work permit. I couldn't find a job in pei as no new employer was willing to pay for compliance fee for $300 for a new closed work permit and also due to COVID-19 the job market was not good. I returned to Pakistan before my close work permit expired. My file is still under process. Do you think cic will issue me pr status?
Sorry to say it but Very small chance. Close to zero.

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
I don't know man.
Well they issued statement that no application will be rejecting or negatively impacted to COVID-19 layoffs. I’m not sure but I think they mentioned “temporary” layoffs. If you have been in permanent lay-off plus you can not find job then you are no longer meeting eligibility criteria for Provincial nominee. Think about it this way, if you can’t find a job now, after getting PR (they think) you’ll sit on governments neck. Once you are not contributing to this country they have no interest in you. Sorry it’s hard but it is what it is. As I said in first message, there’s still chance… pray hard and maybe you’ll get lucky