2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ladapo4luv said:
Kumoj, you must wash this one oooo...Congratulations and thank you for sharing your timeline, from my calculations, it takes about 6 months to get a PPR from when you submit to Accra.

Phemmy, how far??? In_dan....how is Manitoba?

For the rest of us, God help us, ME STILL WAITING and hoping that the coming week will give me a chance to share my good news.
Good news is infectious on this thread... so since u are one of us, u av been infected with it. hence u will surely share ur good news...... cheers bro

gamerwalt

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28, 2014
File Transfer...
September 15, 2014
Med's Done....
April 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2015
LANDED..........
April 13, 2015
Hi,

I need some advice. I will be going to Accra very soon.

How did you guys go? and I'm planning on taking ABC. I'm usually crazy for traveling with buses.

And what hotel to use please.

And Egrace, how long did it take to get the passport stamped?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
gamerwalt said:
Hi,

How did you guys go? and I'm planning on taking ABC. I'm usually crazy for traveling with buses.

And what hotel to use please. i will not be able to advice on this cos i went via Aero-contractors and i returned same day... all i knw is that there are buses in Yaba that goes to Accra... i dont knw the price either... but for Aero its about 36k. but if u book like 2-3weeks b4 ur journey, it will be cheaper. either way, i knw u will be fine. just ensure u have enough cedis with u. cos things seems expensive there due to the exchange rate factor. but to the Ghaninans it is normal

And Egrace, how long did it take to get the passport stamped? like 8hours.... u will see other people that come for the same purpose. with many student visa applicant.... u can decide to take a stroll or go on site seeing or u just seat the 8hours there

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
gamerwalt said:
Hi,

And what hotel to use please.

And Egrace, how long did it take to get the passport stamped?
Good day fellow 9ja,
I suggest u take aero book 2wks b4 hand.
The stress on d road is not worth it. It cost about N8,500 by road.
Though I went by air and it just 45mins u come back same day.
Just go aero site book and go pay in UBA it a 1st n last flight

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Thanks e grace, I wish you journey mercies. You will make impacts in Canada. In_dan, how are you settling in? Gamerwalt, why would you want to stress yourself? abeg, fly joor, it is enough stress waiting already...lol, I wish you the best.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
ladapo4luv said:
Thanks e grace, I wish you journey mercies. You will make impacts in Canada. In_dan, how are you settling in? Gamerwalt, why would you want to stress yourself? abeg, fly joor, it is enough stress waiting already...lol, I wish you the best.
Amen to the prayers bro..... thanks for the wishes

gamerwalt

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28, 2014
File Transfer...
September 15, 2014
Med's Done....
April 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2015
LANDED..........
April 13, 2015
Aight, I'm even thinking of sending everything through DHL.
That's how we've always done it at home.

Thanks everyone for your concern. :)
I'm an adventurous person and I like taking either a bus or a car, if its cross country. I just make sure I stuff my bag with things to eat and drink. And lots of music for the road, while I look outside and watch nature unfold.

Thanks guys. Got my Police Clearance yesterday.

How much did some of you do it (Police Clearance) ?

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
I did for both myself and my wife and paid N 10, 000.00

giggle

Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Nomination.....
04-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-02-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
25-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-04-2013
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
ladapo4luv said:
I did for both myself and my wife and paid N 10, 000.00
I beg Ladipoluv and gamerwalt, no be everything we dey put for forum make una try pm each other for this kind matter.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
1) there was no direct flight to Montreal from Nigeria hence i went with Qatar Airways ( the worlds best airline)... it was a 21hrs journry... i flew from Lagos to Doha ( 6hrs) and i had 8 hours stopover at Doha international airport..
Lagos- DoHa Journey: believe u me it was merry making all through the journey.. with the inflight attendents... they fed us till we became fed-up Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy. they kept coming with more and more till we touched dowm in Doha... we arrived Doha 11:25Pm 30mins ahead of schedule..
we were provided with dinner voucher and a blancket with a reclinable chair to rest..... i went sight seeing in some of their amazing shopping complexes at the airport.. b4 retiring to sleep..
Nextday we ate brakefast and we began the 14hrs non-stop journey over the Baltic sea and the Atlantic Ocean... we eventually spent 12hrs for the journey. it was as if the plane wasent moving but alast by 2;30pm we stouched dwn at Monreal... the skylines were beautiful and i reached for my camera to get some pics of Montreal overhead view just b4 touch dwn.
3) Clearing at the airport was intense not due to the procedures but bcos there were several pple arriving.. i spent about 4hours at the airport b4 fnally leaving the port.
4) finding luggage: i will advice that u should attach some thing distinctive to ur luggage when coming as this will help u identify ur luggage quick and u will not for sure if the luggage is yet to drop or it has dropped.. i spent hours finding my luggage. the truth is several pple will use ur kind of travelling bag. so be smart attaach something on it/them.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
6) after finding my luggage, i was directed to the CBSA ( canada border service aency) when my landing procedures were completed.. my visa being a single entry visa was cancelled... my COPR was collected, i signed b4 tem, was asked for my POF, not serious with the prove of funds actually... she didnt even ask to see it... i was suprised... afetr waiting my turn in queue, i was 2ru with them..they asked for my address. i gave them and i was asked if i will be leaving Canada b4 60days , i said no
7) i was then Directed to MICC officail, where i was asked for my address and an appointment was made for me to come meet with them at their office closet to my house.that will be next week thursday.
7b) on finally clearing, i went to change my american dollar to canadian dollar... which happened to be a mistake... whati shoud av done is to change maybe 500dollars and the keep the rest . so i can pay the remaining US dollar into my acct.. cos as an immigrants. 3 new acct will be opened for u and one of it is the US dollar acct so by paying into the usdollar into ur acct, u can tranfer into ur canadian dollar acct without charges... bcos the truth is my POF actually shrunk with the method i used in chnaging my money.. so pls note it.
Cool now 2ru at the airport. it was already 6:30pm... i got a car hire and there we go to my apartment at Rue mankenzie cote des neiges.. it cost me 35 CAD for the ride

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Observations:
1) you will find the mapple tree every where.. i have one in front of my apartment... it is planted every where in Montreal... oh its lovely.

2) you hardly will find policemen on the road... i am yet to see one.... it is a peaceful place...

3) for we immigrants, we can get jobs that pays between (13-21)$ per hour... now it will be unfare to call such jobs survival jobs cos most of the jobs are office jobs (mostly call centre jobs) most of it Bilingual and there are also purely english jobs as well.. with most of it having pecks like pension plan, subsidized feeding, vacations etc.

4) yeah the starnge one: Vehicles here only have one number plate which is usually place at the back... u wont find a vehicle with two number plates...

5) my acct manager at Royal bank of canada is an immgrant and his sucess story is a challenge to me and becuase he had made his immigration story a big brake for himself and family... i am confident and sure that there is hope for us all as well... if only we remain focus and set things in motion as soon as we land.... dont be fooled, if ur profession is regulated, dont get here and say u want a job in ur area of trainning...
it is well.
God bless us all.
Regards..
je reste toujours avec vous

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Hello House,

Gigle, thanks for the advice...it is noted. e Grace, your narration makes anyone wants to board the next available Qatar Airways enroute Canada.God bless you and all of us on the forum.Keep it coming...In_dan, please, keep the flag flying...

kumoj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
08-09-2011
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully September 2011 by his Grace
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully September 2011 by his Grace
egrace62 said:
Observations:
1) you will find the mapple tree every where.. i have one in front of my apartment... it is planted every where in Montreal... oh its lovely.

2) you hardly will find policemen on the road... i am yet to see one.... it is a peaceful place...

3) for we immigrants, we can get jobs that pays between (13-21)$ per hour... now it will be unfare to call such jobs survival jobs cos most of the jobs are office jobs (mostly call centre jobs) most of it Bilingual and there are also purely english jobs as well.. with most of it having pecks like pension plan, subsidized feeding, vacations etc.

4) yeah the starnge one: Vehicles here only have one number plate which is usually place at the back... u wont find a vehicle with two number plates...

5) my acct manager at Royal bank of canada is an immgrant and his sucess story is a challenge to me and becuase he had made his immigration story a big brake for himself and family... i am confident and sure that there is hope for us all as well... if only we remain focus and set things in motion as soon as we land.... dont be fooled, if ur profession is regulated, dont get here and say u want a job in ur area of trainning...
it is well.
God bless us all.
Regards..
je reste toujours avec vous
Nice one. Cannot wait to land at Manitoba. Lovely and Inspiring write-up. Thumbs up egarce.

gamerwalt

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28, 2014
File Transfer...
September 15, 2014
Med's Done....
April 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2015
LANDED..........
April 13, 2015
@ egrace, a very good read i'll have to say. Loved every bit of it.

@ giggles....... hmmmmmm.... OK. :). we don hear!

Can't wait to get on board. I was seriously considering emirates but the good thing with emirates is you have a stop over of 4 hours and quatar is 8? wow!

I remember my flight to Philippines in 2000, I had to wait at Frankfurt (stopover) for 18 hours my friends. 18 Hours of cold in October aint easy i tell you.

All I know is all is good with everyone and everyone will get the best out of this. I trust our maker in Heaven.