+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Applicant with Siblings in other Provinces

diyaa110

Nov 10, 2011
Hello,
I just received my GCMS notes... I've applied for PR and passed criminality, info-sharing, medical, and security... but my eligibility is in-progress. One concern I can see in the notes is that they've stated that the principal applicant and spouse have siblings in other provinces.

My question is, what can I do about it? OR what will they do about it? Provided I have all intention of staying in the Province I've applied to.

Secondly, my last update on file says: "Put in PM3 Queue" - any idea what this means? Does this mean further review? (note that my file isn't under review required yet, it's just in-progress).

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This query isn't important enough (yet) to warrant legalfalcon's attention. Please don't tag him needlessly, he does this for free. You currently have nothing to be concerned about as no concern has been officially raised by IRCC. Just because they noted you have siblings in another province does not make it an issue (there are many immigrants who have siblings in other provinces and get PR), and there is NOTHING in the universe you can do to get "ahead of IRCC" at this stage just because you discovered something none of us understand in GCMS notes.

Keep waiting. If you get a request letter or procedural fairness letter pertaining to IRCC's concerns about siblings in another province (or anything else) make a new post.

Thanks,

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello,
I just received my GCMS notes... I've applied for PR and passed criminality, info-sharing, medical, and security... but my eligibility is in-progress. One concern I can see in the notes is that they've stated that the principal applicant and spouse have siblings in other provinces.

My question is, what can I do about it? OR what will they do about it? Provided I have all intention of staying in the Province I've applied to.

Secondly, my last update on file says: "Put in PM3 Queue" - any idea what this means? Does this mean further review? (note that my file isn't under review required yet, it's just in-progress).

It's not uncommon for immigration officers to ask about the presence of family members in other provinces or countries as part of their assessment of an applicant's ties to Canada. This is because one of the factors that immigration officers consider when assessing an applicant's eligibility for permanent residence is their intention to reside in the province where they have applied.

As for the update on your file stating that it has been "put in PM3 Queue," this likely means that your file has been assigned to an immigration officer for further review. It's not uncommon for files to be assigned to different queues at various stages of the process, and this does not necessarily indicate that there is a problem with your application.

Good luck