+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM - Time to land but LMO work permit has been expired, what should I do?

kris2008

Jul 28, 2009
Hi PMM

Pls help!
I applied for the skill worker immigration, got approved in Jan 2009 and finally recieved the landing paper in March 2009.
1) My LMO work permit has been expired on July 21, 2009.
2) I received my landing paper and it will be expired on Nov 16, 2009.
I am back to my home countury for vacation and spending time with my family before I land to Canada. I am planning to land to Canada in September or October 2009.

Questions:

a) Would it be a problem for me if my LMO work permit has been expired when I land to Canada in September or October??
b) Should I bring my employment letter?
c) My LMO work permit has been expired, Should I also bring a bank statement with me just in case if the immigration ask for proof of funds?
d) My LMO work permit has been expired, Should I change my flight to come back for land immediately?

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

kris2008 said:
Hi PMM

Pls help!
I applied for the skill worker immigration, got approved in Jan 2009 and finally recieved the landing paper in March 2009.
1) My LMO work permit has been expired on July 21, 2009.
2) I received my landing paper and it will be expired on Nov 16, 2009.
I am back to my home countury for vacation and spending time with my family before I land to Canada. I am planning to land to Canada in September or October 2009.

Questions:

a) Would it be a problem for me if my LMO work permit has been expired when I land to Canada in September or October??
b) Should I bring my employment letter?
c) My LMO work permit has been expired, Should I also bring a bank statement with me just in case if the immigration ask for proof of funds?
d) My LMO work permit has been expired, Should I change my flight to come back for land immediately?

Thank you!
As your work permit is expired, so you will have proof of funds when you "land" That should cover you
Just land before you COPR expires.

PMM

kris2008

Jul 28, 2009
Dear PPM

Thank you for your reply. :)

I will prepare the proof of funds for landing. Would they accept the "HSBC Bank's Certificate of Balance" say i have CAD12,000 (would that be enough for 1 person?) as a proof of funds?

Thank you!

Kris

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kris2008 said:
Dear PPM

Thank you for your reply. :)

I will prepare the proof of funds for landing. Would they accept the "HSBC Bank's Certificate of Balance" say i have CAD12,000 (would that be enough for 1 person?) as a proof of funds?

Thank you!

Kris

Yes.

PMM