+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM, ROBsLuv, HELP? Once n for all, WHERE does the receipt for the RoPR Fee Go?

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Okay, after much kerfuffle and back and forth, the New York consulate -- which has been processing my application for over a month now -- confirmed that I could pay my Right of Permanent Residency Fee online, with a credit card -- checking Mississauga as the office that the $$ was being sent to.

So I paid it, then today mailed a copy of the receipt (with MY name and client ID # and file # on it, not my sponsor's) to the New York consulate.

Now reading over what others have done, I see people have sent their RoPRF receipt to Mississauga.
And they've also put the SPONSOR's name on the receipt, not the applicant's.

Are only those paying "early" (at time of application, or before the application reaches the local visa-processing office) sending the receipt to Mississauga?? Or have I sent my receipt to the wrong place??

The letter I got from NY Consulate said "please provide this office with a COPY of the receipt," which is a bit ambiguous. But I've found no instructions about a receipt going to Mississauga.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=bonacker link=topic=41581.msg286745#msg286745 date=1273703525]
Okay, after much kerfuffle and back and forth, the New York consulate -- which has been processing my application for over a month now -- confirmed that I could pay my Right of Permanent Residency Fee online, with a credit card -- checking Mississauga as the office that the $$ was being sent to.

So I paid it, then today mailed a copy of the receipt (with MY name and client ID # and file # on it, not my sponsor's) to the New York consulate.

Now reading over what others have done, I see people have sent their RoPRF receipt to Mississauga.
And they've also put the SPONSOR's name on the receipt, not the applicant's.

Are only those paying "early" (at time of application, or before the application reaches the local visa-processing office) sending the receipt to Mississauga?? Or have I sent my receipt to the wrong place??

The letter I got from NY Consulate said "please provide this office with a COPY of the receipt," which is a bit ambiguous. But I've found no instructions about a receipt going to Mississauga.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

You will be fine as with the file no. they will marry the two up.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
thank you so much!!!!!!

I'd have been completely lost without this forum!