+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[PMM, Qorax - Please Help] Canadian Visitor Visa for Senior Citizen

jazzpal

Oct 5, 2011
Hello
I'm trying to apply for a Canadian visitor visa for my father. His case even though does not sound fishy to me is weird.
Mentioned below are the facts
1. He has been refused 2 times before for Canadian visitor visa. Both occasions we had applied from New Delhi.
2. He's 68 years old and has had silicosis (lung issue) about 20 years back, thought he has been given a clean chit by doctors now. His xrays apparently seem to come up like TB
3. On both instances when he had applied he was asked to go through the medical assessment which he did and as per the doctors he was given a clean chit however the embassy denied him the visa
4. I hold a Canadian PR Holder and my brother is a canadian citizen. My mother already holds a canadian visitor VISA

We want to apply again for his visitor visa but want to ensure that we do not get rejected.
I'm looking for suggestions as to what should I be doing to ensure that we get the visa.

Thanks
J

CadVistor

Jul 5, 2011
I could be wrong so don't trust me. As per your comment - The embassy wanted your father to go through the medical assessment. Obviously, this is a good news as they won't approve a person for medical examination if he/she is not eligible at the first place. They wanted to give your father a visa but something went wrong in the medicals I guess.

How much money did you and your father reveal in the documents?

jazzpal

Oct 5, 2011
@Steaky - the reasons for refusal were pretty much "Refusal on medical grounds" - the issue which we are thinking is that as part of the medical test they do a xray and my father had silicosis and an xray of silicosis looks similiar to the one with TB. However what does not make sense is that they made him go through a sputum test which came out negative.

@CadVistor - I'm not exactly sure of the amount of money shown but it was close to 350,000 CAD I believe. The point being that we have property in India and also a healthy bank balance so there's no reason for him to want to settle in Canada