+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM, PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Lavenderyyt

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, PMM

I am in a very tricky situation now. I am holding a Post-Graduate Work Permit and the permit is going to expire on April 30th, 2011. I have requested an extension on Feb but just got refused. I have sent out my family sponsorship PR application on Feb, 2011. Unfortunately, I did not send the work permit extension and the PR application together. I am wondering if there is any other chance I can get a work permit extension by addressing I am in process of PR application and would like to keep working during the waiting time. I have got some valuable opinions from rjessome.

Here is her reply: "Hi, What you should have done was send the WP extension WITH the Inland application. Then you could have remained working on implied status. Technically, you are not supposed to be able to do that as you cannot extend a PGWP. However, it's being done and CIC is turning a blind eye to it since it kind of contradicts itself given the Regs that RobsLuv already posted.

Now you are in a tricky situation. I believe you must now apply for restoration as a visitor because you missed your window of opportunity. Hmmm, would your employer be willing to apply for an LMO for you? No advertising requirements if it's a skill category 0, A or B position. Either way, you have to stop working NOW since you've received a refusal.

Unfortunately, the suggestions of sending the application with the request to NOT assess until AIP is not going to work. CPC Vegreville is processing them as they get them and not matching them up.

PMM might also be able to shed some insight on this too. He really knows his stuff and is much more adept at the inner workings of CIC than I am and may know of a loop hole. I doubt there is one but if anyone knows, he would.
"

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
Remed & PCC on 02-08-2011
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2011, Submitted 30 Oct
get admission in one or two years program in an institution. Then apply for student permit. Once approved, they will change it to study permit so that you can stay and your process for PR can continue at the same time. After finish, reapply for post graduation work permit.

It will continue this cycle.

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
Forgot to mention, you must stop working immediately ( legal way), May be you could work in cash ( Illegal way) if you could manage it.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
asiddiq said:
get admission in one or two years program in an institution. Then apply for student permit. Once approved, they will change it to study permit so that you can stay and your process for PR can continue at the same time. After finish, reapply for post graduation work permit.

It will continue this cycle.
This is incorrect info. You cannot ever get another PGWP if you've already been issued one in the past for any other program of study. Why would you suggest going back to school and paying so much more again for international fees?

You are not eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program if you:
... have previously been issued a Post-Graduation Work Permit following any other program of study.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp ,

The best bet for the OP is to try to get her employer to get an LMO if he/she wants to continue working at the same job.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
asiddiq said:
Forgot to mention, you must stop working immediately ( legal way), May be you could work in cash ( Illegal way) if you could manage it.

Bad advice. If you have an app process and are caught working illegally, your application will be cancelled and you will be deported.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Yeah, I cannot imagine why anyone here would suggest that you try to work illegally. Seems to be a lot of trolls lurking around here lately.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
RobsLuv said:
Yeah, I cannot imagine why anyone here would suggest that you try to work illegally. Seems to be a lot of trolls lurking around here lately.

I agree......too many posts recently in all the topics seem to be urging or encouraging illegal activity.

Seems that many people are finding getting into Canada illegally far to easy these days.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angelbrat said:
I agree......too many posts recently in all the topics seem to be urging or encouraging illegal activity.

Seems that many people are finding getting into Canada illegally far to easy these days.
I too agree. It is very sad.
I respect this country and my own country too much to do such a thing.
Also, you wouldn't believe how many unfortunately have recommend that I work under the table here.
Some citizens just don't seem to care but I do.

L

limanoid

Sometimes though, I wish I could do something illegal like sneak my husband into Canada in a suitcase so he could visit.... ::)

angelbrat said:

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
I m sorry for the post. I would not know about the Post grad work permit policy. I m agree with Suenim that he can't apply for another work permit because he got one already.

Either, it will not be easy to get LMO (Labour Market Opinion), 1st, he needs to have very good relationship with his employer. 2nd, The employer has to do everything for him, which is sometimes bothering to them. 3rd, Make sure his position is in high demand at present. 4th, the employer needs to demonstrate that they tried best to find suitable candidate for that position, means they circulated the position in newspaper. 5th, There are some more points ( Company size, Employee number, Company reputation, etc). then he might get LMO. It's very hard. If his company is a renowned one, he might get chance. HRDC has to confirm that local candidates ( Canadian citizen or PR) are not available for this post, then they may consider him to get LMO, otherwise, local candidates are in most priority. What's your say. about it. I am again sorry for the previous post.

His other option as I mentioned before is to apply for another study permit ( I understand it's expensive) and continue study while PR in process.

Work in cash is just my one of the options ( I know it's illegal), this is for those who are struggling to survive. In Canada, Gov't will not bother if no one informs them. I know lots of students are working there in cash. They are struggling to manage money for tuition. They are somehow managing money and continuing their study. I did not hear any such news that Gov't has caught any foreign student and deported them. It's not happening in Canada. Those who are working in cash are struggling to earn money for their study only. Not to send money abroad. Guys, I understand it's making you annoyed to me,; but, I am the person who went through all these in past. I finished my study in 6 years. I worked in cash for 3 years. Now I m a Canadian citizen. Now I am working legally and obeying all rules in Canada. My point is that when you are in need badly, you try your best to survive in this world. Working is not bad thing, even by earning in cash money. But, you will have to give it up when u r PR in Canada. Guys, try to understand Tuition fee is too high for foreign students in Canada. They need to manage it somehow. People who like this option, can take it, whereas who don't like. do not take it. It's just my true experience I went through. Guys don't take it other way.

Thanks for your consideration. Again, working illegally is not a good option, but sometimes, it is necessary, when one has to survive ( Study and Live)

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
I was in your situation before. I know how to handle it. So, Please have some patient and courage. You will succeed. You did not mention, When you applied for PR application. It takes about 12 to 15 months to process from USA post. As your PGWP is expiring in April, I would suggest you apply for FALL Semester Study permit so that you will get 5 more months in hand. By this time, your PR process will reach final stage. MAIN POINT IS THAT U CAN'T STAY IN CANADA BEYOND YOUR PERMIT. YOU MUST LEAVE OR EXTEND IT TO OTHER STATUS LIKE STUDY PERMIT. EVEN, YOU APPLY TO CHANGE IT TO STUDY PERMIT, YOU ARE STILL OKAY TO STAY IN CANADA. because it's in process. Getting LMO will be very difficult for you. You can try. If you think your position is in high demand and your company is well established and well known and your relationship with your employer is strong enough, you could try. You will be lucky to get LMO.

Now let's talk about other option. If you can't manage anything ( LMO, Work permit, OR Study permit), My best suggestion to you is that you immediately request Canadian Post in USA to transfer your PR application file to your Country where you came from. and you leave Canada before your PGWP expiry date. Your stay in Canada beyond this time will result in refusal of your PR application. That's for sure. Because, they will request your current status before they finalize your case. ( They did ask me before they finalize). However, transferring your PR file from USA to your home country will make delay of your PR application process ( 2 years more). But, you will be in safe side.

So, take your decision very quick. You have not enough time. Take care.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
asiddiq said:
I was in your situation before. I know how to handle it. So, Please have some patient and courage. You will succeed. You did not mention, When you applied for PR application. It takes about 12 to 15 months to process from USA post. As your PGWP is expiring in April, I would suggest you apply for FALL Semester Study permit so that you will get 5 more months in hand. By this time, your PR process will reach final stage. MAIN POINT IS THAT U CAN'T STAY IN CANADA BEYOND YOUR PERMIT. YOU MUST LEAVE OR EXTEND IT TO OTHER STATUS LIKE STUDY PERMIT. EVEN, YOU APPLY TO CHANGE IT TO STUDY PERMIT, YOU ARE STILL OKAY TO STAY IN CANADA. because it's in process. Getting LMO will be very difficult for you. You can try. If you think your position is in high demand and your company is well established and well known and your relationship with your employer is strong enough, you could try. You will be lucky to get LMO.

Now let's talk about other option. If you can't manage anything ( LMO, Work permit, OR Study permit), My best suggestion to you is that you immediately request Canadian Post in USA to transfer your PR application file to your Country where you came from. and you leave Canada before your PGWP expiry date. Your stay in Canada beyond this time will result in refusal of your PR application. That's for sure. Because, they will request your current status before they finalize your case. ( They did ask me before they finalize). However, transferring your PR file from USA to your home country will make delay of your PR application process ( 2 years more). But, you will be in safe side.

So, take your decision very quick. You have not enough time. Take care.
Why do you keep giving misleading info. One cannot ask for an inland application to be transferred outland. The OP's file is not in the US... it's here in Vegreville. Once again... you are suggesting another study permit. I was once an international student and I know the fees are a lot. Why would you even suggest that to someone who has been through the process and already... paying those steep tuition fees and now has a sponsorship application in process. AIP is taking 9-10 mths after which she can apply for an OWP. She does not have to leave right now... as was suggested to her on the other post, she should apply to change conditions to visitor. Just because you worked illegally does not mean other people want to do it too.

Lavenderyyt

Mar 29, 2011
suenim said:
Why do you keep giving misleading info. One cannot ask for an inland application to be transferred outland. The OP's file is not in the US... it's here in Vegreville. Once again... you are suggesting another study permit. I was once an international student and I know the fees are a lot. Why would you even suggest that to someone who has been through the process and already... paying those steep tuition fees and now has a sponsorship application in process. AIP is taking 9-10 mths after which she can apply for an OWP. She does not have to leave right now... as was suggested to her on the other post, she should apply to change conditions to visitor. Just because you worked illegally does not mean other people want to do it too.
Thank you suenim for keeping correcting the misleading information. I have already applied to extend my stay as a visitor. My company doesn't want me to leave, however, my position (which is a level C) is impossible for them to apply for a LMO for me. But they promised me that once i get a new work permit, they will rehire me right away.

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
Dear Lavenderyyt,

What is your option if in case your application to extend as a visitor is refused ( Just asking, hope that it will be approved).

You can ask Suenim to seek his advice in case your application is not approved; like what to do next. He seems to be more knowledgeable in immigration matter.

Sorry from my side to give you wrong information ( Actually I did not know the correct processing). I wish your success. I am feeling you r in difficult time.

Take care