+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM: Please advise

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi PMM

Could you please advise on my situation. I intend write to Immigration Minister and others in Canada. What do you suggest.

Immigration Processes & their Results:

1. IRB rejected my Asylum application (2003)
2. Federal Appeal was denied (2004)
3. PRRA resulted in Departure for me & my family (2005)
4. Immigration on Humanitarian & Compassionate Grounds is still pending (around 2 ½ years but no result as of yet)
5. Skilled Worker Immigration (currently under processing past 2 years)

My Skilled Worker Immigration is totally messed up because of lack of professionalism, carelessness on the part of both CIC-New York and my attorney M/s Campbell Cohen.

I have all the supporting documents: Emails, Letters & Faxes.

Timeline for Skilled-Worker Immigration to Canada

CIC-New York ---- Saudi Arabia Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
03/22/06 During interview, the Immigration Officer requested FBI / RCMP Clearance but did not request PCC from Saudi Arabia.
[After 10 months]
01/16/07 Immigration Officer requested for Saudi Arabia PCC
[1 Week Later]
01/24/07 I received a FAX from CIC that says they don’t need Saudi Arabia PCC
03/07/07 Still I submitted Saudi Arabia PCC on Mar 07, 2007

For 10 months CIC-New York staff was not sure whether I have to submit the Saudi Arabia PCC or not. They were totally un-professional. Neither my Attorney M/s Campbell Cohen ever advised me for this PCC.

Who is responsible for this ?

Processing delayed by CIC-New York & M/s Campbell Cohen03/22/06 During Interview, the Immigration Officer advised me that she was not sure if I had to do the application for “Authorization to Return to Canada”.
05/30/06 I sent an Email to my attorney, M/s Campbell Cohen, enquiring if I had to get the clearance for “Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)”
[2 Weeks delay]
06/14/06 After 2 weeks I received a reply from Camille Birch (Immigration Assistant at Campbell Cohen), who hardly knew about my case, states that this is something pertaining to my legal status in the USA (she didn’t had full
info about Canadian Immigration).
[6 Months passed, no request from M/s Campbell Cohen for ARC]
[9 Months passed, no request from CIC-New York for ARC]
01/09/07 Visited CIC, New York to enquire about ARC, lady at the window said that they will let me know, if that is needed.
01/10/07 Again visited CIC, New York, thinking that I might get somebody else who might give some information regarding ARC, the same lady advised me that they will let me know.
01/16/07 3rd time, when I visited CIC, New York, the immigration officer who
interviewed me was at the window and she advised me that my Saudi Arabia PCC has not been submitted yet.
01/20/07 Sent a FAX to CIC-New York
[2 weeks later CIC-New York informed my M/s Campbell Cohen about ARC]
01/24/07 Request for ARC came to my Attorney and I was not informed.
[1 week delay by my Attorney in informing me about ARC]
02/01/07 I was informed by my Attorney via Email about ARC
02/04/07 I submitted the ARC form with a fee of US$1,800/-

If both these parties had advised me earlier that “Authorization to Return to Canada” is mandatory and had sent me the application form, I would have got it by now. Because of their carelessness, I had to apply in early Feb, 2007 and still waiting for its result. On May 06, 2007 my Medicals will expire.

Again, the question arises as to who is responsible for all these delays?

Why CIC-New York asking for Re-Medicals when they are not Expired05/06/06 Initial Medical test for the whole family completed..
10/26/06 Additional Tests for me & my daughter completed.
12/15/06 ECAS shows “Medical Results have been received.
04/11/07 Sent FAX to CIC-New York enquiring about Last Stage Status
04/11/07 CIC-New York sent a Fax dated April 04 to my Attorney for Re-Medicals.
04/11/07 My Attorney sent the fax & Email to me for Re-Medicals, though my medicals were expiring on May 06, 2007.

When ECAS shows “Medical Results have been received”, meaning all family members have PASSED the medical test, then
WHY Re-Medicals?When the earlier medicals have not expired (Expiry on 05/06/07), then
WHY Re-Medicals?

I was waiting for your response for a long time. Please advise on this issue, either here or on my email.
Thanks
Shabab

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Did anyone had to do the ARC document and if so what was the next step after that?