+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM or anyone: Background Check - Did I Need Another?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi all,

My application is in Buffalo. I should have AOR any day now...

I've been thinking over the last couple days as to what could possibly cause any sort of holdup with my application. The only thing that comes to mind is this: I (a U.S.-born American Citizen) lived in Germany from the age of 4 to the age of 10, wherein I went to Elementary school. I was living there at the time, as my parent was in the military, and that's where we were stationed. At the age of 11, I returned back home to the U.S.

Am I going to need to obtain some information from Germany regarding a background check? I wouldn't expect the country to have anything on me, as I was a minor, not a resident, not using healthcare, not paying taxes, not attending German schools, etc. I lived on an American military base, went to American schools, etc...

I'm slightly worried. Please advise.

Thanks!

EDIT: According to the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp):

"You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

So I assume that means I won't need anything from Germany, since I was only there through age 10?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pharoh said:
Hi all,

My application is in Buffalo. I should have AOR any day now...

I've been thinking over the last couple days as to what could possibly cause any sort of holdup with my application. The only thing that comes to mind is this: I (a U.S.-born American Citizen) lived in Germany from the age of 4 to the age of 10, wherein I went to Elementary school. I was living there at the time, as my parent was in the military, and that's where we were stationed. At the age of 11, I returned back home to the U.S.

Am I going to need to obtain some information from Germany regarding a background check? I wouldn't expect the country to have anything on me, as I was a minor, not a resident, not using healthcare, not paying taxes, not attending German schools, etc. I lived on an American military base, went to American schools, etc...

I'm slightly worried. Please advise.

Thanks!

EDIT: According to the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp):

"You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

So I assume that means I won't need anything from Germany, since I was only there through age 10?
No, you don't need anything more than patience at this point. Your childhood years in Germany will have no bearing on your application.