Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
cowtown gal said:
Hmmm...I'm not too sure about the CIC timelines for PR cards and all that - I'm sure someone more knowledgable will come along soon. Don't forget though, that you don't have to land where you are going to live! Me and Mr. Cowtown had toyed with the idea of landing in Quebec so he could watch the Canadian Grand Prix before we went over to Alberta. It shouldn't matter where you land and where you live. And I think you can give the IO your husband's parent's address for the PR cards anyway, I don't think that should be a problem. That just means you have somewhere to stay/get your cards. Many people who land and then leave Canada (to return and settle permanantly later) get their cards sent to family/friends and have no intention of living with them - they just need to be sent to a Canadian address.

If you landed in Alberta, decided to live there, etc but gave your in-law's address, etc for your PR cards and then found a place to live before they arrived, I believe you can just change your mailing address. Or you can get your in-laws to send them to you when they get them in the post. I don't think it will make a difference if you said on your PR application that you said you will live at one address and then decided to live somewhere else. For example, on ours, we said we will be living with my parents (and we will) but hypothetically if we both got jobs in Vancouver or somewhere, we could just go there instead. Unless you were sponsored by a provincial program you can live anywhere I believe!

Good luck!
Hello,

I would like to know something regarding to pregnancy and healthcare check-up. It seems that we will settle down in Alberta (not ON). I understand that the healthcare coverage will be the first day of our landing; therefore, I would like to know what we can do before being eligible in Alberta's healthcare benefits.

This will be another story. I know after we make the first landing in Vancouver, the IO will ask the adddress where to send the PR card. As we want to settle down and ensure that my pregnancy and healthcare check-up will be covered from the first day of arrival automatically in AB (but first landing in Vancouver; just tourism), it will take time for a while to find a house (let's say 3-4 months). Thus, would you please advise me how I will give the certain address to the IO as we do not have our certain address nor any relative/friends's addresses in AB until we move and search for the house after landing?

If this is the case, how will IO know where we will live and send the PR card to us in AB (not ON as it's gonna be too complicated). My understanding is where to send PR card when the IO asks to fill the address in the form, it will be related to healthcare benefits in that province as the proof of residency to apply for any benefits, but we still do not know/have the address in AB at that time yet.

In the first 3-4 months, we may have to rent the hotel room for our house search or any housing service for immigrants that allows my husband (Canadian born) staying temporarily with me until we find our own house with the certain address or any other options to suggest to save our costs? If we give them the address of either hotel room rental or housing service for immigrants, do you think the PR card will be arrived in these address? (we are afraid if the PR card is being lost during our stay with them or etc.)

How the AB provincial goverment knows that my pregnancy and healthcare will be covered by AB healthcare benefits even though we have to land in Vancouver firstly with unknown address in AB and may have to stay in the hotel/temporary houses for immigrants while searching for our own house in AB to the IO? Do we have to contact CIC office to ask them to deliver the PR card later? I've heard that that is gonna be too long and the waiting time will be longer for heatlhcare benefits in AB, I know that I need to get PR card first to show proof of residency in AB and to get healthcare benefits, but we have an unknown address yet.

or could you please tell me even though we have no PR card to show the proof of AB residency yet when contacting the doctor and with our unknown address during our temporary stay in the hotel/ housing service for immigrants, we are still eligible in AB healthcare benefits? By that time, if I have to check my pregnancy/heatlhcare check-up, what documents do I have to show/give to them if I do not have my PR card to use AB healthcare service, please advise.

Sorry if my questions are vague/too complicated.

I really appreciate your advice.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
I'm still waiting for a reply, could anyone help me out on " Quote from: cowtown gal on May 28, 2010, 08:59:47 am" above?

I'm much appreciated

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
annieann13 said:
I'm still waiting for a reply, could anyone help me out on " Quote from: cowtown gal on May 28, 2010, 08:59:47 am" above?

I'm much appreciated
I dont know the answers to the questions that you are asking but here is the website for Alberta

http://albertacanada.com/

I think that most of us would answer your questions based on information that we have gathered from the internet as very few of us are actually experts on immigration but are giving you our own personal experiences and research. My personal feeling is that you take what people say as a guide and do your own research and make phone calls and inquiries of your own.

Here is the direct link to the Alberta Health care tab

http://albertacanada.com/immigration/living/payingforcare.html

C

cowtown gal

Hi there! I think it would be best to try to contact AHIP or look at the website to check what they need for proof of residency. As far as I know you don't need your PR card to get health care cover. You probably want to go sort out your health care soon after landing/settling in Alberta but your PR card won't arrive for at least a month (but I've seen a lot of reports lately that it's been more like 1-2 months), so I doubt they would expect you to have it when you register for health care.

Like Heatherusa said, we are all just trying to help each other out, but you're probably best trying to contact AHIP for definitive answeres about proof of living in Alberta, etc.

Best of luck again, I'm sure it will all work out!! :)

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Thank you, both. I always appreciate you guys' helps:)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Though you won`t need your PR card to register for health card, you will need some of your landing and identity documents, maybe the COPR, I can`t remember specifically...

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
AllisonVSC said:
Though you won`t need your PR card to register for health card, you will need some of your landing and identity documents, maybe the COPR, I can`t remember specifically...
Thanks, that's what I 've heard, but I think the PR card is not needed, only COPR when using healthcare services in some provinces? I've heard that some provinces, immigrants need to show PR card in order to register themselves to be eligible to get their healthcare benefits in their provinces, not sure if that is BC/ON.